Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIt’s just visually weird when practically everyone has a belt
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2759738&mesg_id=2767271
2767271, It’s just visually weird when practically everyone has a belt
Posted by pretentious username, Thu Jun-09-22 04:15 PM
>(and you forgot the impending Trios title, which is likely
>coming once Omega gets healthy)

Trios titles are fun, although they always become the “we don’t have anything else for these guys, so here are some awesome matches” titles, so they tend to change hands a lot and don’t quite gain much prestige. New Japan JUST started treating their trios title seriously like a year ago, probably only because the top of the card kept getting injured tbh..

>But with a roster this big, I can see the point of feeling the
>need of giving people something to do.

I hear that, but this also is part of the issue with the overcrowding of ppvs. They gotta get most of the titles AND some personal feuds on the card, then they squeeze in workrate stuff like Darby/Kyle on there.

>
>As for the others, the ROH ones will "go away" once it gets
>it's own show/PPV events.

Looking forward to that tbh, although I do think they’ll still pop up here and there on AEW programming, which is tolerable I guess. Even without those, I think there’s too many titles though. None of those were featured on DoN and the show was still probably an hour and a half too long.

>
>And the FTW Title is just a vanity title, like when the WWF
>first created the European title just to give it Davey Boy
>Smith. It pretty much out-lived any usefulness once they took
>it off the aforementioned Brian Cage.
>

It does get defended every now and again, and I love Ricky btw, but it’s just about visuals to me. The more titles they introduce, the less each one of them means.