Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI don't love the idea of a new title
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2759738&mesg_id=2767266
2767266, I don't love the idea of a new title
Posted by mrhood75, Thu Jun-09-22 03:50 PM
(and you forgot the impending Trios title, which is likely coming once Omega gets healthy)

But with a roster this big, I can see the point of feeling the need of giving people something to do. Especially since they're trying to go for long reigns these days, and want to keep people looking as strong as possible. I'd guess they know someone like Miro is just screaming for a belt, but the just moved the World Title to Punk and have seemingly committed to giving a longer reign to Scorpio Sky.

As for the others, the ROH ones will "go away" once it gets it's own show/PPV events. Khan and the others still seem committed to making it its own thing; the Bucks apparently got them to re-sign Colt Cabana to put him on ROH, where I assume that the re-signed Brian Cage will head as well.

And the FTW Title is just a vanity title, like when the WWF first created the European title just to give it Davey Boy Smith. It pretty much out-lived any usefulness once they took it off the aforementioned Brian Cage.