Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDynamite in LA review
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2759738&mesg_id=2766742
2766742, Dynamite in LA review
Posted by pretentious username, Fri Jun-03-22 02:04 PM
I LOVED The Forum. I think it's my 2nd favorite arena I've seen wrestling in after MSG. Great atmosphere, and it didn't seem like there was a bad seat in the house.

Only caught the last Dark match, and it was Death Triangle, so you know I was loving it.

Punk as champ was super over (though there were some scattered boos). And The Acclaimed + Gunn Club pairing is fantastic. The "Ass Boys" bit is so goddamn funny. First time seeing FTR live in a while. God, that finisher is gold.

Tanahashi's appearance got a HUGE pop. I personally would've preferred Naito vs. Punk, but this ain't even a consolation prize. Tana is the shit and has been arguably been New Japan's MVP during the pandemic. I'm looking forward to this match.

We already covered MJF's promo earlier. I'll just add that this BETTER not lead to TK becoming an on-screen character. All he did that night was say "we have 30 seconds till the show starts!" and it was somehow still super awkward. LMAO.

Miro's return got a huge pop. I hope Johnny Elite keeps coming around and gets some wins eventually, but he was a great opponent to reestablish Miro.

As others mentioned, would've liked a better follow-up for Wardlow, but I've been getting a kick out of this Smart Mark angle. He's gotta represent someone big though, can't be Tony Nese.

Speaking of things I get a kick out of: JAS is great. Hager sticks out like a sore thumb, but they need a heavy. Jericho shutting off his music got more heat than what you could hear on TV. Matt Menard absolutely kills me. It's like if the Tazmanian Devil was a slapstick comedian. "Appreciate Us" and "What kind of a man burns another man?" are just incredible lines.

I think Eddie may have gotten the biggest pop of the night. Everyone LOVES that guy.

I was happy that Hikuleo made an appearance. I'm really high on the guy, and he looks even more gigantic when compared to Darby and the Bucks.

The Athena/Jade segment was a mess. They need writers. I like Athena, but she needs a mouthpiece and some acting lessons. It seemed like Stokely was a little nervous too. He's got a TON of potential as a manager though. He's a perfect match for Jade, but they should lose the Baddies. All they add is distractions/interference, which Jade shouldn't need ever.

The women's tag match was pretty good and I was glad to see Ruby get her win back. It's just annoying that they put the women's match in the same "we're just killing time till the main event" time spot pretty much every week.

Nothing really to say about Mox vs. Garcia. It was brutal and I enjoyed it.