Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: AEW is a complete existential indictment of WWE creative
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2759738&mesg_id=2766541
2766541, RE: AEW is a complete existential indictment of WWE creative
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Jun-02-22 07:56 AM
>and a complete validation of their infrastructure
>
>the ex WWE guys are by and large just MUCH better pro
>wrestlers, effectively making stuff look more believable while
>staying safer. but they have 3 hours of WWE guys every Monday
>and its the worst prime time show on TV in any genre of any
>night. the last full episode of RAW I watched was in August
>of 2000, and today i cant make it thru the first hour.
>
>(this dude just said AEW Galaxy lmao)
>
>even when AEW sucks balls it still lets them be themselves,
>and it gives it a vitality the WWE lost a long time ago. it
>truly hurts me when its embarrassingly bad, to the point where
>im offended on behalf of what it used to be...but Eddie
>Kingston cant be Eddie Kingston on RAW, and RAW would make
>Ricky Starks read a script. fuck that.
>
>if i have to watch indie goofball bullshit, i AM going to shit
>on it. but if the other side of the bullshit might give me
>that little zap that makes me care i do have to watch it.
>
>i NEVER feel like i have to watch RAW.
>

AEW is getting some things right that wwe barely ever even tries to do and that’s their thing..kinda like what you’re saying.

I keep typing this but you missed at least 5 or 6 good years worth of wwe. The internet doesn’t make money to tell people about good wwe shit from the last 20 years so you’re not going to read that in a lot of places. But the Angle/Benoit/Jericho/Eddie/Booker T/Batista shit had all sorts of good times. Even large chunks of Hogan’s last run was great. And if you’re not bullshitting about not watching it since before even the unanimously beloved Mania 17, you for real missed Shawn’s whole 2nd run. Don’t let bad faith Cornette bullshit tell you Shawn’s story with Taker was bad and the resulting matches weren’t purely excellent. Or that Cena’s whole run where he started going out of his way to show ass to indy guys to orient them to WWE crowds wasn’t useful. Just because the docs aren’t out yet doesn’t mean the shit didn’t happen. And just because the old guys getting paid to be negative about everything since 1999 don’t speak on it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. It blows my mind that people pay attention to Disco Inferno about anything.

At some point, wwe DID stop trying to make weekly tv anything that couldn’t be captured in a video package before a ppv match. And it does make raw not anything that has to be watched in full. But people ignore that earth has changed, these shows are cut up for highlights all the time, and wwe is obviously making money hand over fist doing shit the way they’re doing it so it won’t stop. It is up to the viewer to be smart enough to not sit there for fucking 3 hours with no fast forward capabilities. It’s just not the way to watch the show.