Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI skipped the stuff I didn’t care about, but DoN was enjoyable
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2759738&mesg_id=2766441
2766441, I skipped the stuff I didn’t care about, but DoN was enjoyable
Posted by pretentious username, Tue May-31-22 06:47 AM
I recommend moving to the West Coast where sports and wrestling times don’t interfere with life as much! I was mostly watching Game 7 of the ECF, so I was playing catch-up with this.

Let’s start with the bad: Bucks/Hardys was not what it was a few years ago. It’s no wonder that Matt has been more of a manager for the past year or so. The Hardys are cooked.

There were many matches that were fine in a vacuum, but did not fit in on a long ass card. I am told Darby/Kyle was good, but who cares? They want to fit stars like Darby and Jade Cargill on each major card, which I get, but people only have so much energy. This match, the TBS title, and the American Top Team mess were easy skips for me.

Wasn’t crazy about the Owen tourney finals. They’ve given Cole something to hang his hat on, which I get, but Britt didn’t need this as much as Ruby, Kris, or Toni did. Feels like a big missed opportunity.

But there was plenty of good:

Wardlow/MJF was exactly what it needed to be, especially if MJF is gonna be off tv for a while. I’m sure TK asked Wardlow to add a few more powerbombs after the No-show drama.

I think people on this board have dug their heels in on hating JAS and BCC, cause I can’t imagine watching that match and not having a blast. They woke up the crowd at a time when that was needed, but on this board they were screwing over the main event? Cmon. BCC will need to get some major wins after this, but Eddie looking like a horror villain is an image that will stick.

House of Black vs. Death Triangle was absolute fire. This feud has played out in bits and pieces, so it didn’t really belong on the card, but they still brought the house down. Still think the HoB presentation needs some work, but they looked awesome here.

Tag title match was fun, but I think the title should’ve changed hands. Either one of the challengers would’ve been better choices. Women’s title match was good too, almost made up for how weird this feud has been.

I loved the main event. One of them turning heel would’ve made it more memorable, but I also don’t mind waiting to see that. Regardless, the right man won, and Hangman’s decision not to use the belt will add an interesting wrinkle to his character. Let’s see where they go with it.