Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI think I've got it even as a story...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2759738&mesg_id=2766236
2766236, I think I've got it even as a story...
Posted by jimaveli, Thu May-26-22 09:42 AM
He's insecure because he's the main champion but he's somewhat obviously not the most 'popular' wrestler in the fed. And even though this is not a history-making issue, tha innanet is being its now-normal 2022 shitty self and can't quit crowing about it and shitting on Page/Tony Kahn/AEW about it. And Page is seeing it and hearing it even as he racks up wins/successful defenses. And again, it isn't history-making to have a title run with some ugly wins mixed in with it. All of it is making his old insecurities/instability flare up. So OF COURSE Page is salty and jealous of the bigger names who are taking part in 'taking his shine' when its 'supposed to be his time'.

And to make matters worse, Punk is the captain of that squad of bigger and more popular names. And Page sees the walls closing in. And Punk is lowkey needling him about it.

This is where the WWE video packages could tell the shit out of the above story and make it crystal clear even if the weekly stuff doesn't..especially for the Cornette/negativo pod and blog posse who are almost obviously hate watching all of this WWE and AEW stuff and talking about it in bad faith for clicks/views.

I'm very interested in seeing what the hell they do with this thing at DON. Punk always has a heel turn in him so that could happen. But Page could also use the insecurity as an excuse to do some desperate/bad shit to keep the title, further piss off the innanet, and rob the CM Punk fans of seeing their guy get coronated.

Or one of them could just straight up win the match. We'll see.

>this hasnt worked at all for me
>
>title shot from a battle royale or whatever, pointless
>hardcore matches on weekly tv, sacrificed BD to try to
>validate his championship, and now this extremely confusing
>build
>
>whats he mad about? why is he talking about "workers' rights
>on camera? why is he suggesting he has a fuller grasp of
>being a a champion than Punk? why does everything he does
>default into him struggling with being an insecure bitch?
>
>
>
>
>
>