Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectwinning matches on TV aint "a push"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2759738&mesg_id=2762644
2762644, winning matches on TV aint "a push"
Posted by cgonz00cc, Wed Apr-13-22 08:48 PM

>Not everyone can get a push at the same time dude. If they
>were winning but not getting a title shot, you would be even
>more frustrated. Right now, they’re keeping their push on
>ice, but keeping the characters over until they have a spot
>for them at the top of the tag division. What’s wrong with
>that?

youre telling me about how i would feel in a completely fabricated scenario? cmon lol. to the point, winning matches on TV isnt "a push". winning matches on TV is how you make sure you actually HAVE something to push when you want to do it.

>And the reason Caster is currently in this role of losing to
>guys like Samoa Joe and Keith Lee, is they want the debuts for
>those guys to have an impact. If their debuts were throwing
>around Fuego deal Sol for 2 minutes, no one would care.

thats not true at all tho. keith lee pounded on some nobody his first time out, and it was the best debut AEW has had. you cant have it both ways, where Joe needs to beat someone important, but its also okay for Max to be losing twice a week on TV. he didnt do anything a bunch of other people havent done, so whats the impact?

> Where’s your evidence of this? This is a problem that you
>have completely imagined and are getting all worked up about
>for absolutely no reason. Just enjoy the entertainment they
>bring until they get their push. If it doesn’t happen,
>I’ll eat my words, but I’m 99% sure I’m right on this.

what do you mean "evidence"? unless im severely misunderstanding the point of having predetermined sporting events on TV, thats like the core philosophy. winners and losers are chosen before the match because the booker wants people to respond to the participants in certain ways.

and you say completely imagined but ol' Corny had something to say about this a few days after i posted that while he amd his cohost made the exact same complaints i did:

"A loser's a loser. And they are establishing that Max Castor comes out and entertains everybody for 45 seconds verbally, and then gets beat. And thats gonna ruin their tag team because when the other guy comes back people are gonna say oh there he is partnered with that loser Castor. They're booking this 'Oh its all entertainment so who gives a shit?'. And for the set number of people who watch this program every week, they dont, but others would, and that why they're not watching."

so...doesnt really seem like something I imagined. seems more like a very basic premise that is just being ignored by the booker of the year because its easier to pretend it's not true and cater to the minute audience that got so "smart" that theyll accept dumb.