Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: not intentionally
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2759738&mesg_id=2762225
2762225, RE: not intentionally
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Apr-07-22 10:19 AM
>i just dont think the person in charge of getting people over
>knows how to get people over
>

The boo bird posse section of the internet can't wait to complain in the moment as things are happening and, of course, 'the future of everything related to that wrestler is doomed' if any random segment on a weekly show isn't exactly on-point vs some expectation.

In reality, this 2-day Mania went well by most reasonable accounts and barometers. The complaining all the way up to it that most of us were a part of ended up not really mattering because the show was fun to watch and mostly delivered on what WWE tries hardest to do: spectacles and moments.

Current example: Wardlow is doomed as he keeps inching closer to getting his hands on MJF or someone in MJF's remaining crew. He made Spears lose a match. So he's getting there. But oops, he's not getting there quickly enough and/or it doesn't look the same as Brock looks when he interacts with security or whatever, so it apparently sucks horribly and is burying him per the Cornette type of rasslin media.

With some of these 2022 'if its not what I think it should be RIGHT NOW, its sucks and I don't know how it can be fixed without time travel' barometers, let's see...

Stunning Steve Austin is always hurt and could never get over enough in WCW. He never moved the needle even though he was a decent worker. Midcarder for life. And he was getting carried by Pillman and Steamboat anyway.

Steve Austin was a sellout for leaving ECW. They gave him a gig when nobody wanted him.

The Ringmaster is a stupid gimmick and Austin is doomed. MDM isn't big enough at this point to give anyone a rub anyway.

Everyone involved in that Pillman/Austin angle is doomed forever.

Steve Austin losing to Bret at Mania 13 'buried him' cuz Bret basically kicked his ass. Austin isn't a true babyface so the crowd isn't going to buy him in that role if WWF is dumb enough to try to have him there. Hogan was so much more over and sold more merch than Austin has so far. 3:16 was cool but that was a while ago.

Having Mike Tyson involved in Mania 14 took the focus off of Stone Cold's win. Boo celebrities. And the Mania 14 match wasn't good enough to cement that Austin was the man anyway. *some other match* was way better. And HBK's title run didn't draw enough for him to be a big enough deal to give anyone a rub anyway. AND he's hurt!? This is all terrible.

The Rock is cool I guess but he's not a big enough star to give Austin a rub at Mania 15.

Rock/Austin? Again for Mania 17? They just wrestled at Mania 15. WWF has no new ideas ever!

Also, Austin isn't as physically impressive as Hogan and he didn't immediately draw as much so he sucks and WWE is incapable of making any new staaaaa.....