Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectthis was a very impactful group of HoFers for me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2759738&mesg_id=2761843
2761843, this was a very impactful group of HoFers for me
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sat Apr-02-22 09:53 PM
the first PPV event i ever went to was when Undertaker beat Hogan for the belt in 1991. even tho i knew he was mean mark callous in a costume, he transcended that burden in a way that kevin nash was never able to. Nash was always Vinny Vegas to me to some degree.

Vader-Sting was a defining feud of my childhood, second only to Flair-Sting. and he was the last monster heel that scared me thru the TV. The matches they had were life and death to me, and he was a unique threat because of all the atuff he could do athletically.

The Steiners...I dont even know where to start. The first time I saw Rick Steiner in his University of Michigan varsity jacket on TBS as a member of the Varsity Club i became a fan for life. The things they were doing were absolutely mind blowing to me, tossing motherfuckers around like sacks of potatoes at the perfect pace. The way they wrestled, to me, was the speed limit of pro wrestling. It was all so god damned REAL, and they did it all in Maize and Blue.

i couldnt imagine pro wrestling without any of these people