Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRevolution Predictions
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2759738&mesg_id=2759745
2759745, Revolution Predictions
Posted by mrhood75, Sun Mar-06-22 04:36 PM
AEW Championship: Hangman Page (c) vs. Adam Cole

Page. If this was like six months from now, I'd say Cole would a good person to take it off of him. But not now. AEW doesn't really do short World Title reigns, and I don't see them starting here.

Dog Collar match: CM Punk vs. MJF.

Everything is pointing to Punk. He lost (Twice!) to MJF in Chicago. He's had the shit kick out of him twice to MJF and the Pinnacle He was left bloody as fuck on Wednesday. This should be about Punk getting his getback. However... I can also see a world where Punk wants to make MJF the biggest heel in the business and have him beat him. I will say if MJF going over is the plan, then 1) MJF needs to name his kids after Punk and 2) Punk needs to put into the World Title picture immediately, because there's no where else for him to go. That said, I still expect it to be Punk, with an assist from Wardlow.

Bryan Danielson vs. Jon Moxley.

I can't call this one. I'm leaning towards Danielson, which I gotta imagine was the plan for that first time they were supposed to face each other. I really dope they pull the trigger on the two of them teaching violence.

Chris Jericho vs. Eddie Kingston.
Can't really call this one either. I can see it being Jericho, if they really want to twist the knife. But man, Kongston really hasn't won a "big" match of almost any sort since he got to AEW.

AEW Women's Championship: Britt Baker vs. Thunder Rosa.
It really should be Rosa. Ff Britt wins, it's an Asuka in NXT-type situation: she's cleaned out the entire division, and there's no one credible left for her to face (Hayter? Mercedes?) But the way they've been building it up, and with Rosa pinning him Wexnesday, I'm saying its Baker. Which means she should hold the belt for another six months.

Three-way Tag Team Championship: Jurassic Express (c) vs. The Young Bucks vs. reDRagon.
I think the match will be good, but I'm annoyed the champs are taking a back-seat to the Bucks/redDragon angle. I'd rather FTR be in there instead of the Bucks, and they win. That said, leaning towards Jurassic retaining, but wouldn't be surprised if reDragon wins. Bucks winning the titles back will be groan inducing.

AEW TBS Championship: Jade Cargill (c) vs. Tay Conti.
Jade. But, again, they're setting up a situation where there's no credible challengers down the line. So they need to inject new blood into the division.

Tornado Tag: Adrade El Idolo, Isiah Kassidy and Matt Hardy vs. Darby Allin, Samy Guevara and Sting.
The three-way on Rampage should have the match here. I really like that. This? Eh. Again, the champ is the backseat to the Andrade/Matt Hardy angle, and it's obvious where that's going. Sammy/Allin/Stng win.

Face of the Revolution Ladder match: Keith Lee vs. Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Ricky Starks vs. Orange Cassidy vs. Wardlow vs. Christian Cage.
They've been building up Wardlow for months, so it really should be him. Lee is the only other possibility, but they're setting him up to feud with Team Taz next. I honestly thought there was going to be a surprise seventh, but I guess not.

Preshow match: House of Black vs. Death Triangle
House of Black. Part of me would also guess that this would be a perfect place for Bray Wyatt to debut and help out the House of Black. But seems like a stretch to have a surprise debut on the pre-show.

Preshow match: Hook vs. QT Marshall.
Hook squash to get the crowd hyped. Maybe five minutes instead of his usual two-minute match.

Preshow match: Kris Statlander vs. Lelya Hirsch.
Hirsch, I guess.

Other surprises: No Jeff until later this week/next week, out of contractual issues. Maybe Wyatt (see above)? Maybe Gargano or Swerve Scott? Maybe Cesaro? Maybe Omega comes back after Page wins? Maybe... Cody? Things apparently aren't going so hot with him and the WWE. Obviously, it'll only be one debut and possibly one return, but just throwing stuff out there.