Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectOKPW 2022: Revolution into Rasslemania
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2759738&mesg_id=2759738
2759738, OKPW 2022: Revolution into Rasslemania
Posted by jimaveli, Sun Mar-06-22 02:42 PM
Wrestling is ongoing.

AEW Revolution is tonight. I shall watch and hope I don't let myself get burned out by the few car crash matches they have planned. I'm AMPED for at least half the card so that's a good sign. Sensible dinners Jericho vs Peanut Butter Pie Kingston has me excited and I keep forgetting about it. That's another sign of a pretty heavy-handed card for these folks.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10028539-updated-2022-aew-revolution-match-card-ahead-of-ppv

WWE's Mania is about a month away and trying to come together around Charlotte/Rousey, Becks/Belair, and Roman/Brock Part 17. I've been looking back at some old manias and lawd hammercy..there's some rancidly bad ones in between some sneaky great ones that stand up TIL THIS DAY. And even some of the ones that are labelled as 'good' are 2 or 3 good azz matches surrounded by some pretty pointless 'cool yourselves off until the next good thing' stuff.

Nobody really knows what's up with Cody.

Cesaro is out in the wild now too allegedly.

Jake Something (decent rassler from Impact) is allegedly not at the tapings today.

Jeff Hardy is coming to AEW. AEW doesn't need anymore badass tag teams to try to book but okay.

Brock's MSG opponent ended up being an offense-free Austin Theory leading into a Reigns beatdown on Brock.

NXT 2.0 is trying to find its way. The diverse array of good-looking young talent IS notable even if WWE taking away the best mega-indy in Murrica still hurts sometimes.

Terminus is a thing that exists post-ROH 1.0. I owe them some of my time at some point. I REALLY need to catch up on NJPW and the Japan indy scene. I'm guessing I'm missing hella goodies there too.

ROH is now owned by Tony Kahn. The tapes, damnit! Imagine how much goodness is on those tapes!

CYN has started doing shows. And the jokes are plentiful early on. For all we've said about AEW leaning too heavy on 'surprises' then not being able to live up to the innanet's wildest dreams (Cena, Brock, folks like that), I'm gonna get wild and say that Austin Aries can't be your 'check out our big surprise' to start, can it?

On AEW, if someone would've told me 5 years ago that a new Murrican wrestling company was gonna show up and end up with Jericho, American Dragon-style Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, any of the 3 members of the Shield, some of the gaijin from New Japan, some folks WWE didn't want anymore, indy folks who vary wildly in goodness, and some youngsters..many of whom have obvious skills and just need a shot, I would've signed off on it without thinking about it for long. And again, I keep admitting this..I would've never guessed that Punk being back on a wrestling show would be this obviously great but it totally is. That SOB is OVER over. And its not just people deciding to like him cuz of his aura or whatever. He's doing supreme work overall.

AEW, flaws and all, is an easy win for everyone who likes wrestling in general as long as you're not worried about getting taken out of Vince's will. Also, I keep saying this too but AEW will, somehow and someway, eventually make WWE better. They've already allowed/forced WWE to thin out their catering room and promo closets. 3 good months of AEW Miro being hossy and great > Rusev post tank entrance/losing to Cena, getting punished for getting Rusev Day over, and whatever that was with Lashley.