Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectJJ Watt or Aaron Donald?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2757084
2757084, JJ Watt or Aaron Donald?
Posted by COOLEHMAGAZINE, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM
Watt is obviously finished as an elite player, but his prime was Reggie White-esque. That is rarefied air.

John Randle was always the prototype undersized DT to me. Just an amazing player who was consistently great for a long time. Donald took the bar he set and somehow raised it to the point where he already has Randle's career fading in his rearview

Who was better at their best?

Poll question: JJ Watt or Aaron Donald?

Poll result (9 votes)
Watt (1 votes)Vote
Donald (8 votes)Vote

2757134, recency bias
Posted by will_5198, Mon Jan-31-22 11:32 PM
Watt was probably more complete against both phases

but Donald is just unavoidable; you have to deal with him no matter what

and he's enjoying a longer career peak that Watt
2757144, RE: recency bias
Posted by COOLEHMAGAZINE, Tue Feb-01-22 02:52 AM
It really is a tough choice, and it's kind of shocking how steep Watt's injury-riddled decline has been.

He was White Reggie White for four seasons. But has only played two full seasons since 2016, and only one of those was a return to dominance.

Meanwhile Donald has avoided serious injury and seems like he is still firmly in his prime.
2757145, RE: recency bias
Posted by COOLEHMAGAZINE, Tue Feb-01-22 02:54 AM
I might pick Watt if it was going to be each player at their best, both of them are incredible players but Watt is bigger and more versatile.

Donald has already won the battle of who will end up with the better career.
2757176, Aaron Donald. I'm a Seahawks fan
Posted by GOMEZ, Tue Feb-01-22 12:51 PM
so I'm definitely biased, but Russ is pretty lucky he hasn't been killed, because Donald murders our offensive line w/ease and consistency.

I also dock JJ Watt points (unfairly) for the Paul Bunyan Patriot image that MAGAmerica loves to tout when talking about how NFL Players should be. Example - 'JJ Watt trained in a cabin in the woods in the offseason' was the story. You see it in reality and that muhfucker was in a luxury mountain compound that had like a full gym in it. He wan't roughing it and getting yoked from felling trees w/his bare hands and shit.
JJ Watt was dope as fuck though.

2757185, at their best gimme JJ but Donald’s availability is much better
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Feb-01-22 01:43 PM
And JJ best ain’t that much better