Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIt probably would have been MUCH better to say nothing than release that
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2756575&mesg_id=2776459
2776459, It probably would have been MUCH better to say nothing than release that
Posted by spenzalii, Fri Nov-18-22 02:53 PM
>and in the general racing world for Red Bull to even give a
>response like that.
>
>Out of curiosity, how bad would it have been if Red Bull
>stayed as silent as possible about last week's incident or at
>least tried to keep it in house? I suppose a large part of
>keeping it in house and resolving things amicably and
>professionally would be trying to at least appease Perez's
>concerns somewhat, which I'm assuming wasn't done at all.
>
Had they said something short and to the point, like 'The incident was discussed with our team drivers and the matter has been handled internally. We look forward to continued success as a team'. No names, no details, KIM. But considering the outright lying and contorting to make Max sound like a good guy and he and Red Bull as the victims in all this is insultingly bad.

Hell, they would be better off taking Marshawn's playbook and kept saying 'I'm just here not to get fined' when Kravitz does the interviews

>Out of curiosity, how hard would it be for Perez to find
>another team next year? Like I've said before, I am a new
>jack, but from what I've seen, Perez is too good of a driver
>to get treated like a side chick the way he was last week.

I think he's in for at least another year (can't remember if he signed for 2 or 3 years at RB). Driver shakeups usually don't start rolling around until the summer break, and it's too early to read any tea leaves and tell which driver may decide to hang it up or who's under threat of getting sacked by the team.