Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Supposedly Alonso was in his blind spot
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2756575&mesg_id=2771063
2771063, RE: Supposedly Alonso was in his blind spot
Posted by Numba_33, Tue Aug-30-22 07:18 AM
>He had space and probably could have made the move stick on
>the outside. Instead, he turns in too far and got rolled up
>on. Wasn't malicious, and he definitely got the worst of it.
>Alonso, in true hater fashion, had the radio message of the
>year so far. Still no love lost after all those years at
>McLaren. Here's hoping Lewis got that stupidity out of his
>system for the year.
>
>Cotdam that RB is fast. Mind you, the early safety car just
>about neutralized the grid penalty for Max, but finishing 17+
>seconds ahead of your teammate in 2nd is ridiculous (or rather
>something Lewis could do when Mercedes was dominating). That
>car is absolutely built and tuned to Max's strengths, and he's
>wringing everything out of it. I'm not happy with his likely
>back 2 back 'chip, but I am impressed.
>
>On to the next one

I liked how Hamilton shut down the interviewer when she wanted to talk about what Alonso said. He didn't want to get into the back and forth and just wanted to focus on his error with the turn. Still unfortunate that Hamilton didn't recognize that Alonso was ahead of him in the turn and thus made his judgement there way off. And even worse, he probably didn't need to squeeze out that advantage taking the inside of hte turn would have gave him since he is such a masterful driver. Oh well, I guess the man is human afterall. Like you alluded to with the caution car, it hurts even more that Hamilton's error gave Max the added advantage of lowering his distance from first place.

I just started to watch F1 last year, so pardon my ignorance, but it seems are if Max isn't as much of a hot head compared to when I heard him rage out over the radio last season. However you feel about the man, you have to give him his props on how wall he is racing, the Red Bull car and mechanics being an advantage or not.