Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectLewis' drive was kinda ominus....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2756575&mesg_id=2766124
2766124, Lewis' drive was kinda ominus....
Posted by spenzalii, Tue May-24-22 01:05 PM
Like, he was setting fastest laps for a while on worn mediums with a setup that still isn't optimized and a car with diffuser damage. Were it not for the water leak, he had 4th in the bag as Sainz would not have got back past him. No VSC, no safety cars, just head down and drive. To be fair, because where he was and hoe the pit stops worked out he was in clear air most of the time, but still, that's one hell of a recovery and a ton of data. We've all seen 2nd 1/2 Lewis, so if Mercedes can fine tune this setup it will make a very interesting championship on either side. For the constructors, Ferrari and RB have their issues, with one Ferrari driver not quite having a great set of results and with RB having wonky reliability. Meanwhile, Mercedes keeps finishing with both cars. The Driver's 'chip may be a bridge too far, but again, 2nd 1/2 Lewis, and other teams having issues. Will have to see

Max is such an ass. Kinda love it, kinda annoyed by it at the same time, kinda mad Lewis wouldn't quite get the same reaction if he was cursing out his pit crew (but we know what that is). Not that I blame Max; he should have breezed past Russell if his DRS was working. But it didn't and he didn't.

Speaking of Georgie, that was some brilliant defending against Max for those few laps. Although right at the edge of the rules once or twice, his timing and positioning his car at the end of the straight to keep Max at bay was magnificent. When Max DID get beside him in the corner he didn't flinch either and kept his lead for a few laps more. He's been pretty consistent and plenty fast so far. Faster than Lewis? Eh....no. Better qualifier, yes. Benefitted for some fortuitous safety cars? Absolutely. But he wasn't lapping faster than Lewis yesterday by any stretch.

Sainz is faster than he's showing, or at least Ferrari better hope he is. He's had a number of unfortunate breaks so far, but you have to think the Tifosi want him a little closer to Leclerc for the Constructors points. Maybe he'll find a groove.

Team Orders rear their ugly head again. I get it, as Max needs all the points he can get given the reliability issues RB has shown thus far, so any opportunity to get more points than Charles they will take. Still, it sucks, as Checo was moving, didn't spin like Max and would have been overtaken Georgie as his car was working. I'm sure discussions will be had. Good times

Lando gutting it out with tonsillitis? That kid has some stones, doesn't he?

Monaco up next. Don't care for the processional race much and wouldn't be mad if it were removed from the schedule, but that will never happen, I understand why and am fine in the end. Let's see what Mercedes can do about their slow speed corner setup and just finish with both cars in the points.