Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectTifosi have hope, for sure. But, will Ferrari go and Ferrari?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2756575&mesg_id=2762390
2762390, Tifosi have hope, for sure. But, will Ferrari go and Ferrari?
Posted by spenzalii, Mon Apr-11-22 12:11 PM
This has been a strange set of opening races. Ferrari absolutely has the opening track on the regs, and LeClerc is reminding all he's a damn good driver. Honestly, if Petronas doesn't get right, I'll pull for the red team. They have suffered long enough.

3 races and 3 DNFs isn't a good look for RB. Mind you, I'm laughing all the way to the bank because of their misfortune, but still...reliability concerns are not fun at all. Supposedly none are serious powertrain issues, but none of the issues can be good for the life of the PU no matter how you slice it. Max gets to feel what it's like when the target is on his back. Let's see how it shakes out.

Still don't know what to make of Mercedes. They seem to be making some improvements week over week, and the car looked decent this weekend. But they still need their upgrade package, and still aren't quite ready to challenge the front runners (but can still keep mid pack at bay). They definitely got better from qualis, but realistically would have still been in 4/5 finish had the RB not crap the bed. I hope the car has a massive upside once they get a grip on everything. It's possible, but getting a full second out of that package is asking a lot.

Albon should have been driver of the day, full stop. 57 laps on hard tires? That's a drive

Midfield battles are great this year. But, so far it hasn't amounted to much up front