Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBack to Melborne this week. Let's see what happens
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2756575&mesg_id=2762235
2762235, Back to Melborne this week. Let's see what happens
Posted by spenzalii, Thu Apr-07-22 12:21 PM
Even in 2 weeks, I think Mercedes still has pain, either the works team or anyone with their engines at this point. I do believe Petronas can figure this out. Can they do it in time to mount a comeback? Harder to say, even with their 2nd half track record. They feel like RB was in 2016-2019 - clearly ahead of the midpack, but not challenging for a win unless a ton of things go wrong with the frontrunners. I believe they can get on top of this (this is the team that designed DAS, which was a one off that was barely used after all, and a possible show of arrogance that could be biting them in the ass now, but that's another story), but do it in time? Who knows.

Meanwhile, the Leclerc and Verstappen battle looks to meet the potential that was hinted at years ago. Afla looks semi competent. KMag is back like he never left. Racing is a bit closer, but realistically it's still haves and have nots, so I don't see huge shakeups in podium places after all this.