Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Update: eff this track.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2756575&mesg_id=2761558
2761558, RE: Update: eff this track.
Posted by Buck, Mon Mar-28-22 01:19 PM
My main problem with the track as a TV spectator is that it has no sense of place: it's just a long tunnel of high safety fencing, no matter where you are on the track. A lot of that problem is because it's at night, but even still, it's just flat and seemingly featureless. At Monaco and Baku you know exactly where you are on the circuit because you can see the buildings and get a feel for the place. Even Singapore has the bridge and the underpasses...SA is just nothing. It's fast, but so what?

They're definitely pushing a narrative, but on the other hand, there's no doubt in my mind that the racing is better. We'd never see the close following through fast corners like we've seen in the first two, and as Jenson was talking about a lot yesterday, drivers can actually fight back after being passed. Multiple lead swaps in the space of a couple of laps were unheard of in the previous spec. On tracks that actually have multiple lines, like COTA and Silverstone, it should be amazing.

That Latifi crash hurt my soul. Really wanted to see Checo take it.