Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHo-Lee-Crap! If this is how the racing will be this year, I'm good
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2756575&mesg_id=2760919
2760919, Ho-Lee-Crap! If this is how the racing will be this year, I'm good
Posted by spenzalii, Sun Mar-20-22 12:08 PM
Ferrari strikes first blood. 1-2 finish and first race win since, what, 2019? Congrats. Leclerc has always been fast, but Ferrari has been crap. Apparently, they figured something out with the new regs and that engine is not slow (see K. Mag finishing in the points for Haas). After years of Ferrari not being in the mix, it's nice to see them strike first.

The W13 of Hamilton and Russell still needs work, quite apparently. But quality drives from the two Mercedes drivers saw them benefit from Red Bull's demise. Lewis knows how to capitalize on other driver's mistakes and was in the right place when the RB spun. Would he have caught Perez by the end of the lap if he didn't have the lockup? We'll never know. George had a crap qualifying, but good work making it back to 4th in his first drive with the team. This is the best the team could have hoped for. Once they get the setup and porpoising, they will be a threat again. Keep your heads down boys and get to work. It's a long season.

While I'm trying hard not to root against Red Bull, I cheered so loud when Max's car let him down and Checo's car locked up into Turn 1. Those messages between Max and Christian were great. Horner knew the car was toast and there wasn't anything they could do about it, but he could only tell Max to keep his head down and push through. 3 out of 4 RB drivetrains went out, with Gasley's catching fire. Definitely not the way RB wanted their season to start, but the way I am not mad at all about. Max's post race debrief should be hilarious

Other bits:
- Welcome back K-Mag!Being out for a year to finishing in 5th.
- Bottas in 6th with his first proper stint at Alfa. I hope he has success through the year
- No clue what happened to McLaren. Are those brake issues that serious?
- There were a LOT of Mercedes engined cars at the back of the pack. That can't be good