Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThe two AFC matches are toss up
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2755816&mesg_id=2755838
2755838, The two AFC matches are toss up
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Jan-19-22 02:06 PM
if I had to pick, Titans over Bengals and Bills over Chiefs (though I can never count out Mahomes).

Bengals overachieve and as long as you have Burrow/Chase, bullshit is possible. Titans have a good coach, balanced offense and some sneakiness on their side. If Henry is playing, then all bets are off.

The Bills have been moving in a way that reminds me of teams that go to the Super Bowl. And while Chiefs defense is standing up at a time they need to, they did get washed by some teams they shouldn't after the Cowboys game. That's the reason why they didn't make the 1 seed.
Bills just went without a punt in 2 straight games against Belichick, which were blowouts. If it gets out of hand, I don't trust Andy to adjust, even though Mahomes will eat eventually.

As for the NFC:

Packers over 49ers. Packers defense still suspect (the Browns, even with multiple turnovers, were within a possession of winning) and Niners defense still stout. Niners have Deebo. Packers have Q-Aaron, the best QB in the NFL right today. Niners have Jimmy G, and they're not playing the Cowboys (who UNDER achieve).

Rams over Bucs. This isn't a 100% "Fuck Boody" pick, and usually the Rams have a way of bullshitting in big games. However, we saw what they did to the Cardinals, who showed up in a way worse than the Eagles did against the Bucs. Cam Akers is back and whooping ass.

However, here's the key: as mediocre as the Eagles defense is this season, they were getting pressure and sacks on Boody, forcing TB to punt. I expect Tampa to run the ball as much as possible, try to get the manageable downs, and let Boody do his usual "toss it to Gronk or some jabroni who is wide open" act. But 2 safety valves in Godwin and Brown (LOL) are gone. So it's Gronk, OJ, and others. Can Gio Bernard do it again?

However, if Wirfs is still fucked up, and the center is having troubles... you're not dealing with Cox (pause) and Barnett. You're dealing with Aaron Donald and Von Miller. The Rams secondary is still no joke.

On offense, you're not dealing with rookie QBs and WRs. You have Stafford (who has his Favre moments), BUT top tier WRs, bonus OBJ, aforementioned Akers and former Cheatriot Sony Michel running the ball. Staff will throw it down the field.

Bucs' only hope is defense and hopes that LA turns it over and give Boody his customary short field.

On the officiating front, Boody Rules supreme but NFL is eager to get a Los Angeles team to the top.

Won't be a blowout, but Rams should win this one. Fuck Boody.