Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCavs/Knicks was even uglier than vs. Thunder.... but a W
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2755740&mesg_id=2756517
2756517, Cavs/Knicks was even uglier than vs. Thunder.... but a W
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jan-25-22 02:08 PM
Somehow, Darius Garland turns in another double/double (10+ assists) game. His streak of 10+ assist games his now matches LeBron James for the longest of any player in franchise history. If he does it again vs. the Bucks, that's gonna be wild.

This team, thin on offensive creators as it is, was in trouble w/o Markkanen. Without Allen, the team looks more like you would have expected a team coming off a 22-win season to look.

Isaac Okoro for the first half looked like the best man on the floor. Strong defense and balanced offense.

Kevin Love went OFF in the third, putting the Cavs up to about 16 or so points ahead of the Knicks.

Bur no one could buy a bucket against the Knicks zone and double teams, DG was missing a whole lot. Rondo even had to take some 3s to keep the Cavs from falling into the hole.

you really miss Jarrett Allen in a game like this because Mobley doesn't really screen. So the Cavs basically have "Poop and Rolls" going on.

Not to mention, lobs or no lobs, that PnR game and his presence under the rim and as a switchable perimiter defender makes the game much more manageable for the Cavs. Hope he's not out too long.

Markkanen either. Like Allen, his ability to be more fluid as a defender makes things easier for the Cavs, even when they struggle on offense.

Cavs free throws are atrocious. Only feels like DG can hit 2 of them when granted. Everyone else splits or misses both! What's going on here...

Collin Sexton was at the game, wearing a Mary J Blige T-Shirt. In the huddle, with the team. Man, the Cavs need that dude back. Brandon Goodwin is doing a good impression of him. But the real deal is needed as the Cavs struggle to score.

As for the Knicks:

IMO, Randle is basically the team's Donkeylips, but he has no offensive discipline. Dude just be chucking some of that stuff. I know that's gotta drive Thibs up the wall. What do you do?

Cavalier Legend Alec Burks and Kemba are an OK duo to have as your guards. But again, with Randle basically being a "Braymond" (and not a particularly disciplined one) it's a weird combination.

There's something there in Grimes. A very annoying defender for opposing teams AND he can hit the three. Really more of what I want to see from Okoro.

Obi Toppin was called a bust in his rookie year, now he's solid. Because the Cavs are ass on the perimeter (esp. without JA) you get to see he can hit those 3s if you let him. I think he's going to work out.

Quickley pulling that James Harden grift for free throws was ridiculous.

Where's Cam?????

Ugly game, man. The kind of game I would have expected from both teams a couple of seasons ago (when I really hated going up against the Knicks).

If anything, it's another reminder of how special Ricky Rubio really was in his painfully brief time with the Cavs.

Bucks up next: that's gonna be a L.