Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYou nearly never get equal value for a talent like that.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2755740&mesg_id=2755991
2755991, You nearly never get equal value for a talent like that.
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Jan-21-22 04:30 AM
It’s not about getting equal talent. It’s about getting everything you can get, from an assets standpoint.

>Might as well see if he turns the corner

Ain’t happening. “When Healthy” has been the status quo for too long now. This is what he is.

>You've crossed the rubicon with this trio, there is no way of
>getting out from all this until their contracts are expired.

Yes there is. You trade them all and get what you can get. Because this team is irreparably broken from a construction standpoint, with very little means to fix it.

But we all know that isn’t happening.

So what’s going to happen is:

-we’re going to suck while Brawn plays at a high level. Brawn stans will gush about how great he is, but it won’t mean much to the bottom line of wins and further titles.

-At BEST we get lucky and have some sort of run that ends with us bounced in round 2.

-We trade Westbrook for whatever we get in the offseason, but that may have to wait until the trade deadline.

-When Healthy remains the status quo next year, when AD misses around 25 games, and people continue to say YEAH BUT WHEN HEALTHY and YOU CANT GET EQUAL VALUE FOR HIM.

We’ll get whatever we can get for THT, either by the deadline, or in the offseason, but Woj said it best: the beat player you can get for THT, is THT.

Anyone we get for him and Nunn will likely be someone broken or on the decline.

Next offseason, after failing again to win a title, a lot of money comes off the books- unless we continue to go for broke and take on long money- and maybe Brawn retires.

At tht point, When Healthy will be the guy, if he even wants to be here, and if he does, as i said- When Healthy is the status quo, and will be. And AD ain’t The Guy.

I hope i’m wrong and things improve and AD turns a corner, Russ settles in, THT happens, Nunn comes back and goes off, Monk continues to play well, we actually develop a defense, and we actually compete for a title. But i think the reality will be closer to the former than the latter.