Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectVogel isn't the issue.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2755740&mesg_id=2755787
2755787, Vogel isn't the issue.
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Tue Jan-18-22 07:59 PM
The season isn't (as) disappointing to me because I never felt with this roster the team had a legit chance.

I like the point someone else made (Cyren?) made about the assistant coaches maybe not providing the kind of input that made the team so successful in the past.

He shares blame for sure. And I defer to those who are able to track rotations and such so I can't comment on that.

I'd only feel Frank was the issue was if the players turned on him. But that doesn't seem to be the case.
The optics look worse because this is a year without a known 'superteam' and it seemed this team had a puncher's chance because they're likely always gonna have the best player in a series. But I think as a collective, Lakers fans (not necessarily the ones on the board) have been especially entitled to think this team was a clear contender.

From the look of things, it should have been clear walking into the season that none of these pieces don't fit together and the lack of continuity isn't helping. Neither of those is wholly on Frank.

To me, the issue is with Rob. He's been here for four years and in three of them, the rosters were legitimately headscratchers. The only year his moves half made sense was in 2020 and that team made the Finals.

My sense of him really hasn't changed since the comments where he was lying about stories involving Kobe. He's a shark and seems smarmy and of course, he's gonna play the game to protect his ass. I'd rather dump Rob before Vogel. (yes, I know that's never gonna happen)

Lastly, I'd like to ask when Kurt Rambis became some basketball guru that gives him enough dap to be the shadow leader in the organization? Why is Jeanie listening to him? I'd rather have Magic back in the fold.