Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject2021-22 NBA Regular Season: Week 14
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2755740
2755740, 2021-22 NBA Regular Season: Week 14
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-18-22 06:13 AM

The Bulls have lost 4 games in a row, and are on a down-swing due
to key players being injured or in Covid Protocols. The Bulls have had to play
without Ball, Lavine, Green, Jones and Caruso, and the team’s overall play has
suffered because of it. They were embarrassed by the Warriors, completely
decimated by the Nets, and lost close games against the Celtics and Grizzlies.
And to add insult to injury, their next two games will be against the Cavaliers and
Bucks. That’s akin to experiencing an earthquake, and then getting hit with a
tsunami right afterwards.

However, the Bulls received some positive news yesterday. Caruso is
no longer in Covid protocols, and Green has fully recovered from his injury.
So the team should get a spark from their return to the lineup.

In other NBA news , the Lakers are still doo-doo on a stick, Garland is
officially an elite PG, Desmond Bane Is making his all star case, and
Kyle Kuzma is body-bagging all comers ( lolLakerslol)

2755742, potential top 5 pick in the 2022 is a 6'10 guard/fwd from Serbia named...
Posted by guru0509, Tue Jan-18-22 06:35 AM
Nikola Jović? (Yo-Vich)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE80OyS31Y4

Kic and Vic gonna be confusing people for years to come

>The Bulls have lost 4 games in a row, and are on a down-swing
>due
>to key players being injured or in Covid Protocols. The Bulls
>have had to play
>without Ball, Lavine, Green, Jones and Caruso, and the
>team’s overall play has
>suffered because of it. They were embarrassed by the Warriors,
>completely
>decimated by the Nets, and lost close games against the
>Celtics and Grizzlies.
>And to add insult to injury, their next two games will be
>against the Cavaliers and
>Bucks. That’s akin to experiencing an earthquake, and then
>getting hit with a
>tsunami right afterwards.
>
>However, the Bulls received some positive news yesterday.
>Caruso is
>no longer in Covid protocols, and Green has fully recovered
>from his injury.
>So the team should get a spark from their return to the
>lineup.
>
> In other NBA news , the Lakers are still doo-doo on a stick,
>Garland is
>officially an elite PG, Desmond Bane Is making his all star
>case, and
>Kyle Kuzma is body-bagging all comers ( lolLakerslol)
>
>
>
>
>
>
2755784, Bogdan Bogdanović & Bojan Bogdanović still confusing
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Tue Jan-18-22 07:14 PM
2755744, Your arms are too short to box with Ja
Posted by bentagain, Tue Jan-18-22 09:01 AM
2755753, do you still think LaVine is expendable? without him DeRozan looking...
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Jan-18-22 12:29 PM
like Toronto Derozan
2755797, The thing that makes Lavine expendable is his value.
Posted by allStah, Wed Jan-19-22 06:01 AM
He is going to want the super max, no doubt about it. He wants to
get paid, and he isn’t interested in giving any discounts.

Plus Coby White’s offensive ascension adds another property to the
equation. He is a SG, who shoots 40 percent from 3 and can get to the
cup. He has a straight scorer’s mentality.

So, White has the potential to provide similar numbers as Lavine,
but at a cheaper price. He is still on his rookie contract.

White’s value has increased significantly, so the Bulls can either keep him
and let Lavine walk, or max Lavine and trade White... Also, Either decision will
be used to bring in a productive big.

That’s the decision that has to be made.
2755847, ... if the choice is between LaVine or Coby White?
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Jan-19-22 03:35 PM
Then that's not a choice at all, lmao.

>That’s the decision that has to be made.
2755854, How do you think we got Lavine?
Posted by allStah, Wed Jan-19-22 08:45 PM
Lavine was just known as a dunker when he came to the Bulls, didn’t
have anywhere near the game that he has now, and had similar numbers to Coby.

Zach Lavine was horrible in his first year with the Bulls. He avg 16 points,
shot 38 pct from the field, and 34pct from 3, and that was his 4th year in
the league.

We traded Jimmy because we didn’t want to pay him the Supermax,
and we went and got Lavine.

It’s a similar situation. Lavine is now Jimmy Butler and Coby is Lavine.

So the Bulls could repeat that same formula....

2755754, Lakers are dumb as shit if they fire Vogel.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Jan-18-22 12:37 PM
I’ve got my qualms with Frank, but very few of the current issues are his fault. The roster is constructed poorly and that’s on the front office (and Bron/AD I guess), not Frank. I don’t think he’s the greatest coach or anything, but dude won a title less than 2 years ago. His weird rotations don’t warrant a firing.

Nothing will get fixed if he’s fired. There’s a sliiiiight chance they can pull it together with AD back and perhaps a trade, but that chance is gone if he is.
2755755, did we play defense last night? I got drunk and fell asleep before the...
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Jan-18-22 01:08 PM
game ended
2755756, his rotations have been suspect going back to last season...
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Jan-18-22 01:15 PM
they guys we sent to the Wizards balling out is not a good look, he couldn't even find a role for Harrell.

Then this year the LeBron at center has worked for stretches but its some foolish-Antoni shit to try that full time and not play our centers at all.

I guess Fiz would be the replacement? Sometimes guys just need to hear a new voice and maybe he can get Davis going when he comes back.
2755757, I dont disagree re: the rotations
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Jan-18-22 01:52 PM
But everyone criticized those going back to the championship year too. It turns out that a seasoned NBA coach who took the Heatles to the brink with Roy Hibbert, Lance Stephenson, and baby PG (while also benching Danny Granger) knows more than nerds on the internet.

Kuzma didn't take that much of a leap, especially factoring in another 6-8 minutes of playing time and not playing with Bron/AD. Harrell was a questionable signing too - hell, he was a sub 20 minute guy in the playoffs for the Clippers too. It's nice to see them doing well, but I think that's much more on the fit to the team than Vogel.
2755765, I don't care what they do. IMO they should blow this all up
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jan-18-22 03:25 PM
Get rid of Brawn and Brow before the deadline, trade Russ in the off season when, hopefully, his expiring deal is much more palatable.

AD isn't That Guy IMO, and his future includes plenty of bench time IMO. Selling today is as high as his value is going to be.

Get rid of THT before his value tanks completely.

I say we cut our losses, take what we can get, and get a jump on that rebuild. Our title window is closed with this squad, core pieces included.
2755766, Yeesh. That's...nah.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Jan-18-22 03:33 PM
We're committed in the long run to Bron and AD. Trading them when they just signed deals here is horrendous optics, anyway. But they're already Laker legends and despite this year - they really are franchise cornerstones. Bron is probably retiring a Laker (I GUESS that Bronny thing might happen elsewhere, and perhaps he retires a Cav, but I doubt it)

You take the good with the bad with AD.

The Westbrook trade was probably the most obvious error. I certainly don't think Buddy Hield would have made this team have a better record right today given the injuries, etc. But we're stuck with what we've got - which is most of the cap tied up in Bron/AD/Westbrook. THT probably has little value - but if Rob can flip him for something worthwhile, I'll be surprised (all these dumb Laker fans thinking we're going to get someone super impactful are just embarrassing).

Blowing the team up will, and should, have serious free agency implications moving forward.
2755768, Don't care about any of that.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jan-18-22 03:47 PM
>We're committed in the long run to Bron and AD. Trading them
>when they just signed deals here is horrendous optics, anyway.
>But they're already Laker legends and despite this year - they
>really are franchise cornerstones. Bron is probably retiring a
>Laker (I GUESS that Bronny thing might happen elsewhere, and
>perhaps he retires a Cav, but I doubt it)
>
>You take the good with the bad with AD.

Yeah, there's way too much bad IMO for him to be worth it.

He needs to go.

I'm under no illusions that any of this happens, to be clear. But AD's good/bad balance shifts far too heavily to the bad IMO.

>The Westbrook trade was probably the most obvious error. I
>certainly don't think Buddy Hield would have made this team
>have a better record right today given the injuries, etc. But
>we're stuck with what we've got - which is most of the cap
>tied up in Bron/AD/Westbrook. THT probably has little value -
>but if Rob can flip him for something worthwhile, I'll be
>surprised (all these dumb Laker fans thinking we're going to
>get someone super impactful are just embarrassing).

That's a huge error. I'm conflicted, because I think Russ' talent made that one obvious. I think the guys we traded are being overvalued in hindsight, in part due to an over-zealous disdain for Russ. There's not a lot we could have gotten for that package, and Russ was way over value talent wise.

But the fit is what it is.

But seeing that DeRozan was on the table, seeing what happened with him in CHI, it stings a bit more. There's no telling whether he would have hit the same here though.

>Blowing the team up will, and should, have serious free agency
>implications moving forward.

Eh. Doubtful. But maybe.
2755770, I don't think DeRozan was ever on the table.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Jan-18-22 04:08 PM
In order for that to have happened, he'd either have to have taken a huge paycut (obviously not happening) or we'd have to have a S&T with the Spurs. Pop doesn't work with the Lakers.

The most realistic optimistic view of the last offseason was some pairing of KCP/Kuz/Trez for Hield, retaining Caruso & THT, and then the vet mins like Melo, etc + the MLE to Nunn. That's not a whole lot better than what we have, but it is a hell of a lot more flexible as far as roster construction/trades goes.
2755772, We'll never know for sure
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jan-18-22 04:34 PM
>In order for that to have happened, he'd either have to have
>taken a huge paycut (obviously not happening) or we'd have to
>have a S&T with the Spurs. Pop doesn't work with the Lakers.

maybe, maybe not. I think that's an assumption that that's a hard rule that could never be broken under any circumstance. I can absolutely see him having a heart for DD and facilitating his return home.

Thing is, that would have had the same net impact as the Russ trade, from a roster construction/flexibility standpoint, as it would have hard capped us. In hindsight, that may be the biggest hurdle. At least Russ allowed us to build out a roster with minimum deals.

>The most realistic optimistic view of the last offseason was
>some pairing of KCP/Kuz/Trez for Hield, retaining Caruso &
>THT, and then the vet mins like Melo, etc + the MLE to Nunn.
>That's not a whole lot better than what we have, but it is a
>hell of a lot more flexible as far as roster
>construction/trades goes.

No doubt.

But I am very pessimistic about AD. I think we're at the start of diminishing returns with him. I'm sure loyalty still holds some cache, but I don't think a fire sale would have the horrible ramifications people think.

None of that will happen, apart from finding a bag of dicks to take back for Russ in the offseason.
2755783, Yup. It's insane to suggest trading Bron & AD
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Jan-18-22 07:11 PM
Just from a practical perspective alone - who do you think you're actually going to get in exchange for them? You'll never get their value in return - and why would you even want to explore that given that - when healthy - they have proven they can be the most dynamic duo in the game (as evidenced by the 2020 title).

Bron will retire a Laker - and given the fact that he's (once again) playing MVP-level basketball, Lakers are still getting top-tier LeBron James in year 19, which is insane. AD has been disappointing since the 'chip - mostly because of injury and unavailability - but when healthy, there's not a better duo in the game. And you're right: they are Laker legends and a part of the championship history in L.A. -- that alone should get the respect from fans. How quickly people forget the 5+ year playoff drought - and the worst drought (in terms of losing basketball) in franchise history prior to Bron's arrival.

I still think it's too early to cast judgment on Westbrook and this team as a whole. Need to see the core healthy and - ultimately - they'll be judged by the playoffs.

-->
2755778, agreed. we all know what the problem is
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jan-18-22 05:51 PM
>Nothing will get fixed if he’s fired. There’s a sliiiiight
>chance they can pull it together with AD back and perhaps a
>trade, but that chance is gone if he is.
2755787, Vogel isn't the issue.
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Tue Jan-18-22 07:59 PM
The season isn't (as) disappointing to me because I never felt with this roster the team had a legit chance.

I like the point someone else made (Cyren?) made about the assistant coaches maybe not providing the kind of input that made the team so successful in the past.

He shares blame for sure. And I defer to those who are able to track rotations and such so I can't comment on that.

I'd only feel Frank was the issue was if the players turned on him. But that doesn't seem to be the case.
The optics look worse because this is a year without a known 'superteam' and it seemed this team had a puncher's chance because they're likely always gonna have the best player in a series. But I think as a collective, Lakers fans (not necessarily the ones on the board) have been especially entitled to think this team was a clear contender.

From the look of things, it should have been clear walking into the season that none of these pieces don't fit together and the lack of continuity isn't helping. Neither of those is wholly on Frank.

To me, the issue is with Rob. He's been here for four years and in three of them, the rosters were legitimately headscratchers. The only year his moves half made sense was in 2020 and that team made the Finals.

My sense of him really hasn't changed since the comments where he was lying about stories involving Kobe. He's a shark and seems smarmy and of course, he's gonna play the game to protect his ass. I'd rather dump Rob before Vogel. (yes, I know that's never gonna happen)

Lastly, I'd like to ask when Kurt Rambis became some basketball guru that gives him enough dap to be the shadow leader in the organization? Why is Jeanie listening to him? I'd rather have Magic back in the fold.
2755762, The Lakers problems aren't very surprising...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Tue Jan-18-22 02:24 PM
..which is why I'm not overreacting to any of it.

Injuries happen, but that shouldn't stop the rest of the roster from giving more effort on defense (regardless of who's on the floor). They'll continue to struggle until they get back to playing consistent defense.

Vogel's rotations aren't the only problem with this coaching staff. Apparently, losing Hollins and Kidd (as well as Penberthy) had more of an impact that anticipated.

Still, no excuses.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...
2755763, Yeah between the coaching staff and roster construction
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Jan-18-22 02:33 PM
Its surprising but not THAT surprising. Easy to say now of course. I just don’t think any coach can truly fix the problems so might as well keep some continuity. I like Fiz well enough but I certainly don’t think he can make things better than they are.

Let’s see what Pelinka is worth - I don’t think any real trades are coming but who knows
2755779, DG is the Eastern Conference Player of the Week + Cavs on ESPN
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jan-18-22 05:55 PM
the Cavaliers finally have a national game, on ESPN in March at home vs. the Raptors.

Should be a good game if COVID and injuries don't fuck it up.

Garland is fast rising up the PG ranks, and as for ones in the league 5 years or less, he's top 5: Trae, Ja, DG, Melo and whoever else you can pick out. Does Luka count?

He's in that conversation with the way he's been playing this season. The only dud he's had was against GSW and that's because there was no Okoro to get people off his ass. He's been hard carrying the offense w/o Rubio.

this is a totally different experience than the early Kyrie years.
2755785, 13 point loss to the Grizz was a close game?
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Tue Jan-18-22 07:18 PM
2755791, sucks to have Draymond out, but we get a solid look at Kuminga
Posted by Amritsar, Tue Jan-18-22 11:23 PM
and holeee shit the potential is there with the young man

Fun to watch him slowly build his confidence at this level
2755836, of the Big 3, I think he's the most vulnerable Klay notwithstanding
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Jan-19-22 01:52 PM
Braymond was near "GRAND WASHING" status a season or two ago so these games will at least let the Warriors figure out a contingency plan.

Depending on which way the NBA goes Wiseman may not be in the long term plans but I do see Kuminga, Moody, Poole being those people. They can count on FAs looking for less stressful work as long as Steph is on the team.

Braymond is the most irreplaceable player on that team besides Steph, as much as I hate to type it
2755799, Now dem sauces (c) are circling Fat Harden
Posted by bentagain, Wed Jan-19-22 08:30 AM
LOL and it's a bit of a relief that the focus is shifting to something other than Little Ben

Real talk, I'd take him on the sixers in a heartbeat...fat or not

But I've got a feeling he's eyeing a big market move to LA or NYK

Dude gotta be tired of dragging BKN through the regular season...just to not win a chip

2755800, I think he wants to get to Miami
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Jan-19-22 08:35 AM
2755801, Fat Harden to the Sixers for Little Ben then opt out and go to South Beach?
Posted by bentagain, Wed Jan-19-22 08:46 AM
That sounds like BKN would be willing to trade him this season if he's just going to opt out for South Beach

MIA wouldn't be trading for him IMO...
2755812, I would think the Sixers would want more than a 1 year rental
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Jan-19-22 11:10 AM
2755819, I think it would work
Posted by bentagain, Wed Jan-19-22 11:59 AM
EMVpiid and Harden
+Little Ben turtling for BKN
I'll take it.
2755826, A star player traded to the Sixers just to bounce to Miami?
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Jan-19-22 12:25 PM
Sounds far fetched. No way THAT ever happens.
2755805, I read somewhere that Pat Riley isn’t the biggest fan of hardens
Posted by guru0509, Wed Jan-19-22 09:52 AM
>

That seems like the perfect place for him though .
2755808, RE: Pat Riley
Posted by bentagain, Wed Jan-19-22 09:58 AM
My brother is a MIA fan
We were texting during the last sixers/heat game
It's obviously not endemic to the heat team or the nba
but all of the premature celebrations and flexing in sports has become nauseating
I was kind of shocked that a Miami Heat team with Jimmy Buckets and Pat Riley...isn't checking these dudes acting like clowns
specifically Herro and Martin
These dudes were going full on Hulk Hogan in the first quarter after regular smegular buckets
I can understand a buzzer beater, game winner, monster jam
...but every bucket was followed by posing for the camera and barking...
SMH
I told him...you're never going to win with those dudes on your team...that's some Loser $hit
2755802, He’s going wherever they can pay him the most , it’s not that complicated
Posted by guru0509, Wed Jan-19-22 09:33 AM
>LOL and it's a bit of a relief that the focus is shifting to
>something other than Little Ben
>
>Real talk, I'd take him on the sixers in a heartbeat...fat or
>not
>
>But I've got a feeling he's eyeing a big market move to LA or
>NYK
>
>Dude gotta be tired of dragging BKN through the regular
>season...just to not win a chip
>
>
2755803, Then he would opt in for next year...right?
Posted by bentagain, Wed Jan-19-22 09:35 AM
I imagine that's the most $$$
2755804, He stands to make more by opting out and then resigning
Posted by guru0509, Wed Jan-19-22 09:48 AM
>I imagine that's the most $$$

but do you really want to max out a 33 year old who already looks to be slowing down (that first step isn’t quite the same as it once was )

Sean Marks got some choices to make
2755806, RE: Sean Marks got some choices to make
Posted by bentagain, Wed Jan-19-22 09:54 AM
Right.
that $hit ain't working
at least Fat Harden sees it
2755835, Caruso back tonight.
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Wed Jan-19-22 01:41 PM
'Bout time.
Should be a good game, but
I think we're gonna lose another one.
2755852, Embid is eating!
Posted by allStah, Wed Jan-19-22 08:40 PM
40 points through 3 quarters...

God damn.

Morey is god damn imbecile if he doesn’t get this man help ASAP

That dude is killing himself to keep the Sixers.
2755855, 47 through 3 quarters
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Wed Jan-19-22 08:52 PM
>Morey is god damn imbecile if he doesn’t get this man help
>ASAP
>
>That dude is killing himself to keep the Sixers.

he is willing to sacrifice a healthy MVP caliber season from Embiid in his prime. I would say it was unthinkable, but it's Morey.
2755857, A 50 piece in 27 mins
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Jan-19-22 09:14 PM
The man is making his MVP case stronger.
2755859, He is the MVP now. Hands down.
Posted by allStah, Wed Jan-19-22 09:23 PM
It’s him and everybody else....Jokic, Harden, Ja, Derozan, Curry

2755869, Giannis would like a word.
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Jan-19-22 11:03 PM
2755871, I mean Giannis is Giannis, but Middleton has been huge in this stretch
Posted by allStah, Wed Jan-19-22 11:38 PM
without Holiday. Plus Milwaukee is like 16-3 when their big 3 plays....
And the Bucks are still a PO team without Giannis...,

Middleton went 27/7/7 tonight.

Philly ain’t winning nothing
without Embid on the floor.
2755883, as would Jokic
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Thu Jan-20-22 12:57 AM
this is shaping up to be a hell of an MVP race,
2755892, that pass to Gordon was incredible, from the top of the 3 point line
Posted by guru0509, Thu Jan-20-22 02:28 AM
to the other corner...

holy shit

>this is shaping up to be a hell of an MVP race,
2755960, w/ double-team in his face including a 7-footer & hit him in the pocket
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Thu Jan-20-22 07:22 PM
just sick.
2755862, 17-23 fg , 12 rebounds, 3 blocks
Posted by makaveli, Wed Jan-19-22 09:29 PM
Nobody is playing better than him right now.
2755853, Damn, that “Sarver won’t pay Ayton” story really went away huh?
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Jan-19-22 08:43 PM
2755856, Coby Focking White!
Posted by allStah, Wed Jan-19-22 09:02 PM
This dude is now officially a professionally bucket getter... inside/outside,
and his is playing outstanding defense.

He out there putting work on Garland! 14 points first half...garland 9 points.

He is going straight at those 7 footers.

Close to 60 percent from 3 in 11 straight games.

Bulls winning by 9...let’s keep it up.

No Ball, No Lavine....

2755865, Derozan is doing too much focking gunning!
Posted by allStah, Wed Jan-19-22 10:05 PM
WTF.

Now the Cavs are back in this game. Coby still around the 11 shots
he had in the first half.. dude has 4 steals now.

Let’s gets back to what we were doing in the first half.

Don’t get me wrong Derozan has played well, but he has forced up a lot
of shots...
2755866, Bulls god damn it!!
Posted by allStah, Wed Jan-19-22 10:22 PM
Our Guards ate that ass up!

White 16 points - 4 steals ( scored most of that in the first half )
was defending everyone....he set the table.

Ayo - 18 points, 8 dimes, 2 steals

And Caruso’s defense.

Vucchi showed up, and went at those 7 footers! Player of the game.

Sorry, Doc, we had to get in that ass.
2755867, I knew that was going to happen when I saw Dosunmu going off
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Jan-19-22 10:25 PM
on the upside: that's the best we've seen of Lauri all season on both sides of the ball.

On the downside, the Cavs neither having a second creator nor a reliable offense on the wing will be their undoing until that changes.

like the Golden State game, Cavs let their best player (DeRozan) cook too much.

Rematches in March.
2755879, Oh, Lauri was gonna ball at the UC.
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Thu Jan-20-22 12:15 AM
>on the upside: that's the best we've seen of Lauri all season
>on both sides of the ball.

That's why I pegged us the L earlier.
Good to see him playing some defense.
Now can he string together another game like this?
2755868, Nets barely escape DC with a win
Posted by guru0509, Wed Jan-19-22 10:58 PM
lmao there is no way they beat milwauke this year with a part time kyrie

the team is worse than last years aside from teh big 3

>
>due
>have had to play
>team’s overall play has
>completely
>Celtics and Grizzlies.
>getting hit with a
>
>Caruso is
>from his injury.
>lineup.
>
>Garland is
>case, and
>
>
>
>
>
>
2755870, Hot take: Caruso is Draymond-lite (ie the glue guy you need*)
Posted by RandomFact, Wed Jan-19-22 11:30 PM
* to compete at a high level.

Dude is really good.
2755874, lol
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Jan-19-22 11:47 PM
2755875, You have nothing to laugh abut this season.
Posted by allStah, Wed Jan-19-22 11:53 PM
Y’all taking a mighty Quinn L for letting Caruso walk.
2755877, Y’all gave an undrafted free agent $40mil that doesn’t even…
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-20-22 12:05 AM
start when everyone on your team is healthy.

I think the Bulls will end up regretting that contract.
2755880, Him mentoring Ayo ALONE is worth the money.
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Thu Jan-20-22 12:18 AM
I'm good with it.
2755885, Negro, what?
Posted by allStah, Thu Jan-20-22 01:11 AM
Westbrook is building low income housing on the court while getting
paid 40 million a season. He putting up bricks on yo dollar.....

Caruso 40 million for 4 years is a Scooby snack .....and just to think he
was going to take less to play for your bum ass squad.

Take the L and close the door when you leave out.

2755904, RE: Negro, what?
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-20-22 08:17 AM
>Westbrook is building low income housing on the court while
>getting
>paid 40 million a season. He putting up bricks on yo
>dollar.....
>
>Caruso 40 million for 4 years is a Scooby snack .....and just
>to think he
>was going to take less to play for your bum ass squad.
>
>Take the L and close the door when you leave out.

STFU, Westbrook is a top 75 HOFer, don’t ever mention him and CaruASS in the same sentence.

And for the record he WASN’T going to take less money to stay in LA. We got his best at the minimum. You guys can pay a premium for an overrated role player lol
2755931, Caruso is a Def. Coordinator on the floor.
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Thu Jan-20-22 02:21 PM
Night and day difference last night when he returned.
2755942, wow ok with Lonzo out for a few weeks we'll see lol
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-20-22 03:55 PM
>Night and day difference last night when he returned.
2755941, The same Westbrook who got benched in the 4 quarter
Posted by allStah, Thu Jan-20-22 03:42 PM
last night? Got it.

Also, Caruso stated that he would have taken less money than what
the Bulls were offering to stay with the Lakers..He just wanted more
than 15mil for 2 years

Here you go: L
2755876, Donkey Jr
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Thu Jan-20-22 12:00 AM
2755889, agreed. dude was causing all kinds of problems on defense
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Jan-20-22 02:00 AM
even though I can't recall him doing too much on offense.

just like Donkeylips... Lakers fucked that one up IMO.

the real story of the Bulls turnaround is DeRozan, memes aside he's allowed Coby to actually not have to attempt to carry, and play within the offense. picking up dudes like Dosunmu has boosted them as well.

Bulls are loading up on glue guys with the features sidelined (Lonzo, Pat, LaVine)
2755953, We tried to tell everyone. He's more than a meme. Always has been.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jan-20-22 05:31 PM
2755882, Welp, blew another great Bron performance.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jan-20-22 12:54 AM
2755887, Yeah, they’re gonna fire Vogel. Pelinka is a disaster.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jan-20-22 01:29 AM
2755890, the list of coaches fired with/under lebron is kinda long
Posted by RandomFact, Thu Jan-20-22 02:05 AM
not sure if a top-10/GOAT list player has cycled through more than like three coaches. lebron seems to be approaching double digit.
2755893, LOL
Posted by allStah, Thu Jan-20-22 03:32 AM
2755917, Yep lol
Posted by Amritsar, Thu Jan-20-22 12:26 PM
2755921, Jordan cycled through 2 coaches in 3 years prior to Phil
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Jan-20-22 12:41 PM
Most of the GOATs had GOAT-level coaches - so they didn't have to change coaches.

Imagine David Blatt and Luke Walton trying to coach Jordan in his prime? They'd be gone in a millisecond.

The best coach LeBron has ever had is probably Erik Spoelstra. Fine coach - but Bron has never had the luxury of having an elite coach on the sidelines. That makes his accomplishments more impressive; not less.

-->
2755925, right, Magic got his first coach fired after winning a championship
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-20-22 01:37 PM
2755937, Mike had zero control in regards to the hiring and firing
Posted by allStah, Thu Jan-20-22 03:19 PM
of coaches.... ZERO

The 2 Jerry’s ran the show....
2755926, he probably wanted Spoelstra gone after the first year lol
Posted by guru0509, Thu Jan-20-22 01:42 PM
but the the Czar of South Beach does not get pushed around

>not sure if a top-10/GOAT list player has cycled through more
>than like three coaches. lebron seems to be approaching double
>digit.
2755927, I do think coaches in general spend less time in jobs today.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jan-20-22 01:43 PM
Bron is probably the only player currently playing who is a top 10 guy (right?). Moving forward - let's say Giannis jumps into the top 10. He's been playing for 9 years and has had 3 coaches - which honestly would have been 4 had they not won last year, ha.

A quick look - Magic had 5 coaches, Jordan had 5, Kobe had 9 (11 if you count interim dudes), Bird had 4, Duncan had 1, Bron has had 8 (10 if you count interim coaches), KAJ had 6, etc. It's more unusual to have played for 1-3 coaches than it seems.

You can't fire the players, and it's more of a players league than it's ever been.
2755891, Yeah, I feel you.
Posted by allStah, Thu Jan-20-22 02:11 AM
But at least you get the Disney + channel for free, one of the perks
that came with the Lakers winning the Mickey Mouse Chip in the bubble.

2755894, I remember a time when Lakers fans actually cared about wins
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Jan-20-22 04:35 AM
instead of wearing the cape for a dude stat padding. He's getting his numbers while holding our entire franchise hostage.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<---- 5....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

=======================================
2755919, Honestly I can’t put it on Bron
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jan-20-22 12:28 PM
Dude came here and won a title.

He might be making pushes for players but that’s on the front office for letting him do so. Had Kobe been allowed to do that we’d have traded Bynum for Kidd, etc. He does what they allow him to. It’s dumb. He’s not always wrong, but again - whatever.

He’s not stat padding. He’s carrying this bad roster.
2755920, Do you not care about how he brought a title to L.A.
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Jan-20-22 12:37 PM
after a historic franchise drought?

Guess not.

-->
2755971, Lakers fans didn't seem to care about it for the last few Kobe seasons
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Thu Jan-20-22 10:02 PM
I mean I get that it was Kobe, but still.
2755916, Bubble chip >>> not winning a chip since Clinton
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jan-20-22 12:24 PM
2755895, RE:For who? Magic?
Posted by bentagain, Thu Jan-20-22 07:27 AM
That's cool and all
I know the LAL generate clicks and views
But for all the 'reports'...I haven't seen a replacement suggested
Who is coming in and turning this around past the halfway point of the season?
2755905, It would have to be Fizdale, I don’t see them bringing anyone in from…
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-20-22 08:19 AM
outside at this point
2755907, Name names
Posted by bentagain, Thu Jan-20-22 08:48 AM
Who's coming in and turning this around at this point in the season?

We're just talking $hit...offer an opinion

My point is, the LAL speculation can sometimes just be clickbait

If it's not and Vogel's job is in jeopardy...complete the task

It's like all-star snubs...who are you taking off, etc

Who's the HC that gets them turned around?
2755909, I said Fizdale my phone does weird shit at times
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-20-22 09:44 AM
2755910, I likes
Posted by bentagain, Thu Jan-20-22 10:10 AM
I was going to clown and say...Luke Walton is still avialable...LOL
Fizdale would actually be dope
2755914, RE: I likes
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-20-22 11:52 AM
>I was going to clown and say...Luke Walton is still
>avialable...LOL

aw hell naw lol, honestly I can't see them bringing in someone from outside at this point in the season.
2755922, I dunno about Fiz.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jan-20-22 01:30 PM
I like him well enough. But I just think it's a terrible situation for him. He'll be unfairly blamed just like Vogel is right now.
2755923, who else are they going to bring in at this point in the season?
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-20-22 01:34 PM
>I like him well enough. But I just think it's a terrible
>situation for him. He'll be unfairly blamed just like Vogel is
>right now.

who esle are they going to bring in at this point in the season?
2755928, That's who the coach would be.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jan-20-22 01:45 PM
But as evidenced by my initial post here - that is a no win situation for anyone.

They'll almost certainly go with Fiz. I just think it's a bad idea for him.
2755933, RE: That's who the coach would be.
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-20-22 02:37 PM
>But as evidenced by my initial post here - that is a no win
>situation for anyone.
>
>They'll almost certainly go with Fiz. I just think it's a bad
>idea for him.

he'll be coaching Bron and AD, that's better than any other shot he'll ever get if he would even get another one
2755934, Look, I hope I'm wrong...
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jan-20-22 02:49 PM
But there is no upside for him. It'd be incredible if he could turn it around, but I don't think anyone can - which means that he'll be a lightning rod for the inevitable failure of this team. So - is it a good job to have? Debatable. But it won't be his fault, and he won't get any of the credit anyway.
2755936, lets be realistic if he did get another job it would be a lottery team...
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-20-22 02:56 PM
I don't think the Laker situation is as dire as people make it out to be, a ton of guys would jump out of the window for that job.

Sometimes teams just need to hear a different voice.
2755947, This isn't Silas being thrown into a dumpster fire in HOU
Posted by bentagain, Thu Jan-20-22 04:55 PM
situation
LOL
I would imagine there would be more than the rest of the season in the contract
He'd be coaching Bron at an elite level
AD returning
and Russ getting familiar with the bench
I don't see a chip either way
But firing the HC and bringing in Fiz might be motivation to get some Ws

JJ Reddick broke it down on First Take earlier this week
The LAL don't really have another option for improving
No one is trading for Russ and +$45M
They gave up 1st rounders and he was saying something about rules not allowing more trades of future 1st rounders
The players that are contributing are in on reasonable contracts and wouldn't get much in a return, etc...

They don't really have any other option to try and improve
2755948, While I don't disagree with that...
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jan-20-22 05:03 PM
I don't know if MAKING a move is the right move.

I just think as constructed this roster is a failure. Most saw it. Some fans, like myself, remained optimistic and figured talent would figure it out. That seems less than likely now. And I say all that to say that a panic trade (IE THT and our probably pretty valuable 2027 first rounder) won't do much, and the front office isn't firing themselves, so Frank is the likely scapegoat.

I just don't see Fiz being able to turn it around enough to make firing a championship coach a smart decision.

I hope I'm wrong on all fronts.
2755906, If any of this is true we’re in big trouble…
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-20-22 08:29 AM
https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2022/1/18/22890619/laker-rumors-kurt-rambis-shadow-executive-wants-play-deandre-jordan-more-frank-vogel-fired
2755949, Has Rambis ever been good in any leadership role in the NBA?
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jan-20-22 05:08 PM
Scrappy hustler as a player, willing to hit people and get hit, etc.

Cool. Teams need guys like that.

But anytime he's ever had control of a team, he's been absolute trash.

But he and his wife have had some influence over things for awhile now, and I've never liked that.

This is the sort of situation where that "Lakers Family Tree" thing is a net negative.
2755950, Yeah I don't fuck with this Laker family nonsense.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jan-20-22 05:23 PM
Luke Walton - a trash head coach.
Magic Johnson - a bad coach and a disaster as a member of the front office.
Byron Scott - lol tank commander
Kurt Rambis - a failure everywhere he's been post playing career
2755972, RE: Yeah I don't fuck with this Laker family nonsense.
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-20-22 10:06 PM
>Luke Walton - a trash head coach.
>Magic Johnson - a bad coach and a disaster as a member of the
>front office.

He did sign Bron, some people don’t want to give him credit for that and say Bron was coming anyway but it happened under his watch, when you look at where we were under Jim Buss Magic turned the ship around and Pelinka isn’t looking as golden as he did before

>Byron Scott - lol tank commander
>Kurt Rambis - a failure everywhere he's been post playing
>career
>
2755982, Maybe he had something to do with it.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jan-20-22 11:27 PM
But since he publicly quit for being bad at the job, there’s been no front office leaks. Wonder if that’s a coincidence.
2755984, RE: Maybe he had something to do with it.
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-20-22 11:35 PM
>But since he publicly quit for being bad at the job,
>there’s been no front office leaks. Wonder if that’s a
>coincidence.

there's been a ton of leaks about Vogel and Westbrook
2755988, Westbrook? We calling watching him pout a leak now?
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Jan-21-22 01:17 AM
2755977, LA fans should start a GoFundMe & hire McHale to come clothesline Rambis
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Thu Jan-20-22 10:38 PM
at dat Crypto.

2755932, Lonzo is out for two months
Posted by RandomFact, Thu Jan-20-22 02:26 PM
hopefully he'll be back up to full speed by the playoffs.
2755938, That’s my only problem with this dude...He is injury prone as fock.
Posted by allStah, Thu Jan-20-22 03:26 PM
Has he ever played a full season?

It doesn’t matter anyway...Coby is eating!
2755958, All the players I hate falling at the same time.
Posted by allStah, Thu Jan-20-22 07:01 PM

Carmelo -Chucker
Westbrook- Choker
Bron- Chaser

Kobe falling short of six titles was a wonderful, glorious feeling....

But this shit right here, nigga!

This shit?

It’s Crypta-Chronic-Cuna-light, nigga ....lakers ain’t winning shit.

2755959, Imagine being a fan of a contender and still paying attn to the lakers
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jan-20-22 07:03 PM
Goddamn being a fan of a franchise that's only been relevant because of one guy decades ago must fucking suck
2755973, He just realized the first place Bulls are in reality no better than 5th…
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-20-22 10:12 PM
in the East and have a limited ceiling
2755961, kObE oNlY wUn 5 cHipZ…hA Ha! EaT iT!
Posted by DJR, Thu Jan-20-22 07:24 PM
And ‘member when teh Lakers were losing by 15 to Portland in tEh 2000 game 7 WCF?! Haha! They were busting that ass!
2755962, It really is hilarious that he's shitting on someone for *5* chips
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jan-20-22 08:10 PM
Simply because Portland drafted Sam Bowie.
2755963, Don’t even try it.
Posted by allStah, Thu Jan-20-22 08:22 PM
You and ALL OF lakers nation were saying that six rings would put Kobe on the
same level as Jordan. It was a very intense situation.

Stop it, Ryan.

2755964, So?
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jan-20-22 08:33 PM
My team's got a rich history before and after the Bulls titles.

That shit was message board fun.

Who cares.
2755966, Right. You were partying with it.
Posted by allStah, Thu Jan-20-22 08:58 PM
So now I’m partying...

2755981, Jordan is old, Kobe is gone. Get over it dude.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jan-20-22 11:14 PM
Just be happy you had 8 years the Bulls meant something.

Apparently you can’t even be happy they’re sorta relevant again cause Bron is on your brain. It’s sad.
2755986, I’m partying.
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-21-22 12:28 AM
Be MAD.

Go watch the Mandalorian on Disney +
2755989, Know what streaming service existed for the last Bulls title?
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Jan-21-22 01:31 AM
Me either.
2756034, That was funny ..I can’t lie.
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-21-22 08:17 PM
2756000, No it wouldn't have.
Posted by Vex_id, Fri Jan-21-22 10:34 AM
>You and ALL OF lakers nation were saying that six rings would
>put Kobe on the
>same level as Jordan.

Nobody in their right mind would have put Kobe on the same level of Jordan simply because he won 6 rings. But this exposes the simple-simon analysis some have to measuring GOAT credentials.

It's not a basic binary ring-counting exercise, and never has been.

Unless you're saying Bill Russell is the GOAT?

-->
2756007, Why are you responding?
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-21-22 11:50 AM

You weren’t even a lakers fan back in 2009-2011. You were
rooting for the Cavs, and then the Heat. Lol

At the time, Lakers Nation were clowning on this board about
Kobe possibly winning 6 rings and being on the level of Jordan

That’s how all of this started.

Smh
2756011, You used to clown Lonzo
Posted by Vex_id, Fri Jan-21-22 01:59 PM
now you cheer for him.

Weird.

Or actually - it's not that weird at all. You choose to cheer for a franchise; I cheer for players.

You just seem to not be able to understand that there's nothing weird about that.

-->
2756078, then why is Magic pretty much consensus ahead of Bird in GOAT rankings
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sat Jan-22-22 03:47 PM
>It's not a basic binary ring-counting exercise, and never has
>been.

including according to you. Because that was not the case in the mid-80s at the height of their rivalry in the middle of their primes when they were neck-and-neck in ring count. But somehow it had pretty much become the consensus after Magic surpassed him in ring count, yet aside from that their career achievements and accolades remained so closely matched (both 3x MVP, 10x All-NBA, 12x All-Star, etc.)

?
2755965, You cant judge the Lakers until they get AD back fully healthy*
Posted by guru0509, Thu Jan-20-22 08:37 PM
(*whether or not that he ever is fully 100% remains to be seen. but Rob Lowe was aware of his injury history when he gave him that deal, made your bed now lie in it or trade him and get less than a favorable return)

until then you can only really comment on Westbrook and his lack of basketball skills (besides run fast and jump high) and his abysmal play

theyre missing a huge part of their team , once he comes back fully healthy .... if he sucks / lakers play bad?

then its open season...until then they're just trying to tread water (and struggling)

edit, the real crime is that THT contract lol. Does he get that kind of money from any other team with Klutch?

>
>Carmelo -Chucker
>Westbrook- Choker
>Bron- Chaser
>
>Kobe falling short of six titles was a wonderful, glorious
>feeling....
>
>But this shit right here, nigga!
>
>This shit?
>
>It’s Crypta-Chronic-Cuna-light, nigga ....lakers ain’t
>winning shit.
>
>
>
>
>
2755967, Naw. Lakers were shit with AD
Posted by allStah, Thu Jan-20-22 08:59 PM
They were getting spanked then too.
2755969, He wasnt fully healthy
Posted by guru0509, Thu Jan-20-22 09:45 PM
>They were getting spanked then too.
2756005, So even when healthy... he ain't healthy.
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Jan-21-22 11:24 AM
It's not just the missed games, it's the games where he has to play his way back to full strength.
2756006, Lmao ok you got me
Posted by guru0509, Fri Jan-21-22 11:50 AM
>It's not just the missed games, it's the games where he has
>to play his way back to full strength.

Idk man , it’s just hard for me to write off a 28 year old but maybe you’re right
2756012, shit, I hope I'm wrong, because he's not going anywhere.
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Jan-21-22 02:36 PM
I'm a pessimist in general. In this case, I think there are plenty of reasons for pessimism.

He's the one chip we have to seriously overhaul this roster, and I don't think we'd get any more for him than we could get, right today, in the future.

It's not like his injuries have been consistently one thing, so there's that- but it's always something. And I think with the Achilles last year, the MCL this year, and that relatively consistent 15-20 games he tends to miss each season, I'd put my money on this continuing to be the case.

But again, given his actual talent, and the fact that he's not going anywhere, I hope I'm wrong and I'd be happy as hell to admit it if/when proven otherwise.
2755979, I've said that Westbrook is probably THT's favorite player because it...
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-20-22 10:46 PM
keeps people from focusing on how terrible he has been lol
2755985, “When Healthy” IS the problem with AD😂
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jan-20-22 11:38 PM
When healthy. When healthy!

Yeah, but, when healthy?

When!

‘May as well say, “I’m rich on pay day, it’s just that I’m broke after paying bills”

Because AD is a lot like that- looks like a million bucks, until you gotta pay those leg/knee/ankle/hangnail bills. Then we gotta wait for pay day again, which sounds great- but we all know those bills are still coming. And they eat up a LOT of that pay check.

No, this team deserves all the smoke, for all the reasons.

Up to, and including it’s construction- management jnckuded.
2755990, Other GMs see his injury issues also, you wont get equal value back
Posted by guru0509, Fri Jan-21-22 03:00 AM
Might as well see if he turns the corner

You've crossed the rubicon with this trio, there is no way of getting out from all this until their contracts are expired.
2755991, You nearly never get equal value for a talent like that.
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Jan-21-22 04:30 AM
It’s not about getting equal talent. It’s about getting everything you can get, from an assets standpoint.

>Might as well see if he turns the corner

Ain’t happening. “When Healthy” has been the status quo for too long now. This is what he is.

>You've crossed the rubicon with this trio, there is no way of
>getting out from all this until their contracts are expired.

Yes there is. You trade them all and get what you can get. Because this team is irreparably broken from a construction standpoint, with very little means to fix it.

But we all know that isn’t happening.

So what’s going to happen is:

-we’re going to suck while Brawn plays at a high level. Brawn stans will gush about how great he is, but it won’t mean much to the bottom line of wins and further titles.

-At BEST we get lucky and have some sort of run that ends with us bounced in round 2.

-We trade Westbrook for whatever we get in the offseason, but that may have to wait until the trade deadline.

-When Healthy remains the status quo next year, when AD misses around 25 games, and people continue to say YEAH BUT WHEN HEALTHY and YOU CANT GET EQUAL VALUE FOR HIM.

We’ll get whatever we can get for THT, either by the deadline, or in the offseason, but Woj said it best: the beat player you can get for THT, is THT.

Anyone we get for him and Nunn will likely be someone broken or on the decline.

Next offseason, after failing again to win a title, a lot of money comes off the books- unless we continue to go for broke and take on long money- and maybe Brawn retires.

At tht point, When Healthy will be the guy, if he even wants to be here, and if he does, as i said- When Healthy is the status quo, and will be. And AD ain’t The Guy.

I hope i’m wrong and things improve and AD turns a corner, Russ settles in, THT happens, Nunn comes back and goes off, Monk continues to play well, we actually develop a defense, and we actually compete for a title. But i think the reality will be closer to the former than the latter.
2755992, Shitttt
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-21-22 04:34 AM
You will get equal value back for AD and then some.

Top 75, beast on both sides of the court, 1st team all defense,
1st team all NBA, 8 time allStar, nba champion, 28 years old.

AD ain’t the lakers problem....not even close. He is a 4, not
a 5. And lakers’ training staff is pure shit... so many dudes always
on the shelf

Look how many times Lebron has been injured in LA...

2755993, dude lebron is 38, that's why he gets injured, it happens.
Posted by guru0509, Fri Jan-21-22 04:58 AM

>
>Look how many times Lebron has been injured in LA...

i sorta agree with you tho, AD isnt the biggest problem, its just the lack of 3 & d guys
2755994, Brawn’s old as fuck in NBA years. He’s breaking down with time and age.
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Jan-21-22 05:13 AM
When Healthy is the young beast out there- WHEN HEALTHY-, but injuries have always been a thing with him.

And that shit matters a lot more when it’s the young player in his prime.

Add to the fact that he’d a big man already showing that tendencies, and there’s no reason to expect this not to continue.

And when people talk about AD, they talk about him like he’s Giannis- which he is absolutely, definitely not. People are enamored with the high points of his talent, and maybe consistent health would give us a different picture of what he can be. But his health hinders that, and it’s a problem that i would like to belong to someone else.

People can act like it’s crazy to even think about dealing him. But I think don’t think we’ll see a consistently healthy AD from here on out.

2756001, Imagine thinking LeBron is having a failing year
Posted by Vex_id, Fri Jan-21-22 10:35 AM
Yikes.

Year 19 - in the MVP hunt (and the scoring title hunt) - setting an unprecedented pace and breaking records essentially every time he steps on the court.

Yea - what an awful year for LeBron James lol.

-->
2755970, Kidd is doing a hell of a job with this Dallas team.
Posted by allStah, Thu Jan-20-22 09:54 PM
On a back to back and played the Suns down to the wire.....

With fresher legs they would have won that game.

I wouldn’t want to see them in the POs
2755983, why couldn't Caris LeVert sit out last night? lol
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-20-22 11:33 PM
2755987, Chris Duarte is going to be nice as hell.
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-21-22 12:33 AM
He got that instinct...

GSW look so out of sync. Players don’t know where they fit in...

total chemistry issue right now trying to fit Klay back in.

Curry got bigger and stronger ...he doesn’t get props for how
finishes around the rim. Top 5

2756032, this year's draft class has been sick. i'm very happy with dubs picked who
Posted by poetx, Fri Jan-21-22 07:48 PM
they did. but some of the other potential picks they were looking at (duarte, giddey) are looking really good, too. (i'm talking about who was available closer to moody. i rock w/ kuminga hard.

>He got that instinct...

i thought he was supposed to be mostly a shooter. shit. i saw handles. mid range. passing. defense. dude is a baller. also, props to the pacers 2nd and 3rd string for balling out.

>GSW look so out of sync. Players don’t know where they fit
>in...
>
>total chemistry issue right now trying to fit Klay back in.

this is it. they'll figure it out. step back to move forward.

>
>Curry got bigger and stronger ...he doesn’t get props for
>how
>finishes around the rim. Top 5

bruh. several possessions dudes was literally hugging him off the ball. no call. he hit duarte with a swim move on one play and refs finally called it. the work in the weight room has been super important for him being able to get to his spots and play through contact this year.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad
2756029, It’s 15 degrees outside, wind chill factor -10 degrees
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-21-22 07:00 PM
I’m staying in and I’m going to watch some good BB tonight.

Bulls vs Bucks which is basically a home game for both teams.

Point spread is -9, seems high, but a blowout could be in store.
Bucks big 3 are healthy.

But Bulls all day, everyday.

Ryan, your squad sucks donkey booty....

2756031, Its Covid time! © Jesse
Posted by CyrenYoung, Fri Jan-21-22 07:39 PM
..You weren't going anywhere, regardless lol.

Outside of injuries/protocols, there should still be a handful of competitive games tonight.

2756033, Lol
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-21-22 08:10 PM
Pretty much...
2756030, Sixers Spectrum jerseys are dope.
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Fri Jan-21-22 07:31 PM
2756048, They really are. I’m tempted to buy one and I haven’t bought a
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Sat Jan-22-22 09:40 AM
basketball jersey in what seems like decades. They really are that dope.
2756035, Front offices fault but Franks getting canned soon
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Jan-21-22 08:35 PM
2756036, Front offices fault but Franks getting canned soon
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Jan-21-22 08:35 PM
2756051, you think so? I thought they looked decent last night
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Jan-22-22 10:00 AM
2756054, I posted this at near halftime when they were down 10
Posted by Ryan M, Sat Jan-22-22 10:33 AM
2756037, ]fuck grayson allen.
Posted by RandomFact, Fri Jan-21-22 09:46 PM
fucker is on the bench laughing and shit after almost killing caruso
2756038, And nobody did a damn thing, nothing?? Tell me I missed it.
Posted by Beezo, Fri Jan-21-22 10:04 PM
>fucker is on the bench laughing and shit after almost killing
>caruso

League and players are as soft as hell.
2756076, he is so overdue to have his ass beat. i hate that dude.
Posted by poetx, Sat Jan-22-22 02:49 PM
could have ended caruso's career.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad
2756077, Fractured wrist for Caruso. And I repeat, nobody did shit.
Posted by Beezo, Sat Jan-22-22 03:44 PM
2756082, that was a dirty ass play
Posted by agentzero, Sat Jan-22-22 04:01 PM
2756039, I hope the Nets lose every game Kyrie plays in
Posted by guru0509, Fri Jan-21-22 10:28 PM
Rooting for utter dysfunction and chaos in this franchise, just for entertainment sake

>due
>have had to play
>team’s overall play has
>completely
>Celtics and Grizzlies.
>getting hit with a
>
>Caruso is
>from his injury.
>lineup.
>
>Garland is
>case, and
>
>
>
>
>
>
2756040, *Insert that Kanye produced Nas album inspired rappity raps
Posted by DJR, Sat Jan-22-22 12:07 AM
complete with the anti-vaxx line.

I’d do it, but I made “Trade Rie Now” to “Hate Me Now” a few years ago and it took me awhile….and somebody deleted it. So fuck that.
2756045, damn aint that your team? lol
Posted by Reeq, Sat Jan-22-22 08:05 AM
i feel the same way but im not a nets fan.
2756053, I was a fan of the DLO Caris , Jarret Allen , Dinwiddie Joe Harris Nets
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jan-22-22 10:23 AM
>i feel the same way but im not a nets fan.

this team is just so corny

I respect KDs game immensely but he and Kyrie are fucking weirds

The only player on this team that I’m a fan of is Harden (who I couldn’t stand in Houston with that style of play)
2756062, they gotta be the shittiest big 3 ever assembled.
Posted by Reeq, Sat Jan-22-22 12:27 PM
not in terms of talent but in terms of people giving a shit about them lol.

like nobody in brooklyn (or the rest of the nba/country) is gonna be looking back with nostalgia on the big 3 era.
2756065, They were terrified of playing in MSG and Knicks fans / NY media imo
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jan-22-22 12:57 PM
and the pressure cooker

Knicks fans are stupid af, Cowboys fans of the NBA, but they are passionate, loud, and care about their team and would have KILLED Kyrie if he took 3 weeks off because of some political unrest in DC. NY Media would have been a bloodbath.

Barclays crowds are a strange mix of die hard NEW JERSEY Nets fans, Casual fans who are more fans of KD Kyrie and Harden, and the transplants from across the country who now live in NYC and don't want to pay absurd Knicks prices to see their small-market teams (me)

it's funny seeing a decent crowd of Detroit /Oklahoma City / Charlotte/ Indiana etc fanbase cheering in Barclays

>like nobody in brooklyn (or the rest of the nba/country) is
>gonna be looking back with nostalgia on the big 3 era.

facts

I'm not renewing my season tickets until Kyrie is gone. I used to scream "D Lo better" and get dirty looks from the Nets bench.
2756094, LOL!
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sat Jan-22-22 05:53 PM
>I'm not renewing my season tickets until Kyrie is gone. I used
>to scream "D Lo better" and get dirty looks from the Nets
>bench.

That is fucking hilarious. Salud.
2756235, lol damn.
Posted by Reeq, Sun Jan-23-22 06:38 AM
2756049, why were Steph & Warriors jumping around like they won another chip...
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Jan-22-22 09:54 AM
after beating the last place Rockets?
2756083, Believe it or not, that was Steph's 1st walk off/game winner...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sat Jan-22-22 04:07 PM
..considering the fact that he's felt a bit off over the past week, it makes sense.

2756119, cause it was fun?
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sat Jan-22-22 08:09 PM
2756059, i legit think russ has eyesight issues.
Posted by Reeq, Sat Jan-22-22 11:21 AM
this is gonna sound dumb/funny lol...

but i was watching a western series on netflix called godless. and theres a sheriff on there who everyone thinks is a coward because he wont use his gun. but the truth is...dude is secretly losing his sight and almost blind. so he doesnt wanna shoot all crazy and reveal to everyone that he cant see.

im questioning whether this might be true of russ lol. maybe russ *is* shooting but wont tell people he is blind lol.

seriously tho...how do you explain an elite level well coordinated athlete shooting shit like this on a basic mid range jumper?

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1484685897299726336

heres a lowlight reel from this season.

https://twitter.com/RatiodbyLaroi/status/1484687003123949573
2756063, I think Father Time is just creeping up on him lol…
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Jan-22-22 12:37 PM
or he is playing injured. He has always been an erratic shooter but now he misses a lot of bunnies at the rim that used to be easy dunks for him I think he has dunked 2 or 3 times all year he used to dunk 2 or 3 times a game
2756066, its not just the missing its how bad hes missing.
Posted by Reeq, Sat Jan-22-22 01:12 PM
like how do you shoot an airball or hit the top of the backboard from the foul line in?

im just gonna tell myself that dude got macular degeneration.
2756067, He could never shoot at UCLA, or OKC, or Houston, or DC or LA
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jan-22-22 01:31 PM
Casuals were just distracted by the stat padding and hollow number chasing

Did I leave out any teams btw? I forgot how many GMs have discarded him now.
2756071, RE: He could never shoot at UCLA, or OKC, or Houston, or DC or LA
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Jan-22-22 01:47 PM
>Casuals were just distracted by the stat padding and hollow
>number chasing
>
>Did I leave out any teams btw? I forgot how many GMs have
>discarded him now.

I would ease up on that as a D-Lo fan, he’s been on 4 teams before age 25, not a good look lol

Also you can’t “stat pad” in professional basketball. Maybe in a single game but not an entire season. Let’s just ignore the rebounds for a minute. A ton of point guards wish they could average 10 assists a game for 1 season, let alone 4 or 5. That’s not some shit you can just “pad” your way to or a lot more people would do it.
2756072, 3 teams,..D Lo doesnt make 45 million a year and is 25 years old.
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jan-22-22 02:06 PM

Your man can't shoot. It is what it is. And his lack of commitment to developing a jump shot is being severely exposed now that his athleticism is slipping.

That’s not some shit you can just “pad” your way
>to or a lot more people would do it.

No, they wouldn't because other teammates and organizations wouldn't put up with it. It was Oklahoma City, he's their only star attraction so they surrounded him with players that would defer and play how he wanted, which is why KD left.

I feel SO bad for Oscar Robertson. His hallowed record got broken by this guy, smh. At least he got a ring with Lew Alcindor to separate himself from this fraud.

2756073, Lakers, Nets, Warriors, T’wolves
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Jan-22-22 02:20 PM
2756074, I'm drunk I totally forgot about the Warriors lol my bad
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jan-22-22 02:21 PM
edit might be 5 teams soon if they don't make the playoffs

2756109, ignore the rebounds cuz u know he vultured boards from teammates to pad?
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sat Jan-22-22 07:32 PM
>Also you can’t “stat pad” in professional basketball.
>Maybe in a single game but not an entire season. Let’s just
>ignore the rebounds for a minute.

?

A ton of point guards wish
>they could average 10 assists a game for 1 season, let alone 4
>or 5. That’s not some shit you can just “pad” your way
>to or a lot more people would do it.

a ton of PGs would also like to have the second highest usage percentage ever + most turnovers per game ever and still have the green light to dominate the ball and do whatever the hell they want like Russ.
2756118, passing up OPEN layups for assists, it was disgustingly egregious
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jan-22-22 08:07 PM
his fans are so in denial about it too, they think if they ignore it long enough we will too.

NOPE.

I'm glad the world is waking up to how garbage this dude really is.

>>Also you can’t “stat pad” in professional basketball.
>>Maybe in a single game but not an entire season. Let’s
>just
>>ignore the rebounds for a minute.
>
>?
>
>
>A ton of point guards wish
>>they could average 10 assists a game for 1 season, let alone
>4
>>or 5. That’s not some shit you can just “pad” your way
>>to or a lot more people would do it.
>
>a ton of PGs would also like to have the second highest usage
>percentage ever + most turnovers per game ever and still have
>the green light to dominate the ball and do whatever the hell
>they want like Russ.
>
2756186, RE: passing up OPEN layups for assists, it was disgustingly egregious
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Jan-22-22 11:15 PM
>his fans are so in denial about it too, they think if they
>ignore it long enough we will too.
>
>NOPE.
>
>I'm glad the world is waking up to how garbage this dude
>really is.

He’s already top 75 and a HOF lock, what are people waking up to? He’s have a “bad” season with the Lakers at the end of his career averaging 18, 8 & 8?

D-lo and any other OSU basketball player would kill for Russ’ career lol
2756223, that top 75 list is bullshit, we spent a week clowning it
Posted by guru0509, Sun Jan-23-22 12:38 AM
and you tout it like its gospel.

no one cares. it's filled with people who have no place on it. like Westbrook, but doesn't have people like Joe Dumars on it.

what are people waking
>up to? He’s have a “bad” season with the Lakers at the
>end of his career averaging 18, 8 & 8?

no rings despite the all-world talent he played with (when you go through the names its astounding), and a career filled with meaningless stats. congrats i guess.

>D-lo and any other OSU basketball player would kill for
>Russ’ career lol

https://www.si.com/.image/ar_4:3%2Cc_fill%2Ccs_srgb%2Cfl_progressive%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_1200/MTc0MzU1NjEzOTE1MDMxMTc0/lebron-james-ohio-state-pass.jpg
2756229, RE: that top 75 list is bullshit, we spent a week clowning it
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Jan-23-22 01:19 AM
>and you tout it like its gospel.
>
>no one cares. it's filled with people who have no place on it.
>like Westbrook, but doesn't have people like Joe Dumars on
>it.

Before the list came out he was a HOF’er. And Dumar is a joke his ring as an executive is the only reason he’s in the HOF

>no rings despite the all-world talent he played with (when you
>go through the names its astounding), and a career filled with
>meaningless stats. congrats i guess.

KD wouldn’t have a ring if he didn’t jump on the Warriors bandwagon lol

>>D-lo and any other OSU basketball player would kill for
>>Russ’ career lol
>
>https://www.si.com/.image/ar_4:3%2Cc_fill%2Ccs_srgb%2Cfl_progressive%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_1200/MTc0MzU1NjEzOTE1MDMxMTc0/lebron-james-ohio-state-pass.jpg

So this is what you’re doing now? You must be drunk again lol
2756234, Westbrook isnt fit to clean Joe Dumars car and garage ...
Posted by guru0509, Sun Jan-23-22 02:14 AM

>KD wouldn’t have a ring if he didn’t jump on the Warriors
>bandwagon lol

KD is a clown but hes one of the msot complete basketball players ever.

Westbrook is one of the most one dimensional players ever and will be playing in the Big 3 in 2 seasons

>>https://www.si.com/.image/ar_4:3%2Cc_fill%2Ccs_srgb%2Cfl_progressive%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_1200/MTc0MzU1NjEzOTE1MDMxMTc0/lebron-james-ohio-state-pass.jpg
>
>So this is what you’re doing now? You must be drunk again
>lol

it's all I got lol
2756240, You really sound like a clown now, Dumars was Zeke’s sidekick…
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Jan-23-22 09:34 AM

>Westbrook is one of the most one dimensional players ever and
>will be playing in the Big 3 in 2 seasons

Russ is worth like $200mil, no he won’t lol

>>>https://www.si.com/.image/ar_4:3%2Cc_fill%2Ccs_srgb%2Cfl_progressive%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_1200/MTc0MzU1NjEzOTE1MDMxMTc0/lebron-james-ohio-state-pass.jpg
>>
>>So this is what you’re doing now? You must be drunk again
>>lol
>
>it's all I got lol
>
2756267, Westbrook is the sidekick that nobody wants and tries to discard
Posted by guru0509, Sun Jan-23-22 01:35 PM
Dumars was an intelligent player who could shoot, pass, defend, and was a great leader and is a 3x champion, 6x all star, 4x all defensive first team, gold medalist blah blah blah

Russ has a low basketball IQ.

Russ cant shoot.

Russ cant pass

Russ cant defend

Russ is a terrible selfish teammate that drove away every star he ever played with.

Have a good day.

2756171, A ton of bigs wish the could average double digit rebounds regardless…
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Jan-22-22 11:10 PM
of how they got them you don’t know how silly you sound lol

>>Also you can’t “stat pad” in professional basketball.
>>Maybe in a single game but not an entire season. Let’s
>just
>>ignore the rebounds for a minute.
>
>?
>
>
>A ton of point guards wish
>>they could average 10 assists a game for 1 season, let alone
>4
>>or 5. That’s not some shit you can just “pad” your way
>>to or a lot more people would do it.
>
>a ton of PGs would also like to have the second highest usage
>percentage ever + most turnovers per game ever and still have
>the green light to dominate the ball and do whatever the hell
>they want like Russ.
>
2756390, they better hope Russ dont get traded to their team & steal their boards
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Mon Jan-24-22 12:01 AM
cuz he has openly boasted about vulturing rebounds from teammates. And the numbers bear that out: over the three seasons from 2013-14 to 2015-16 Westbrook's Defensive Rebound% averaged 17.1%, then it suddenly skyrocketed to 28.8% in his first triple-double season of 2016-17, and averaged 27.6% over the three seasons from 2016-17 to 2018-19 when he put up double-digit rebounds each season (an increase of over 61 percent!). Over these same timeframes, Steven Adams' DREB% was 17.5% from 2013-14 to 2015-16 (already oddly low for a center, let alone a strong rebounding center like Adams who puts up great offensive rebounding numbers), then dropped to 14.7% from 2016-17 to 2018-19 while Russ went on his triple-double run (anemically low for a center). And then lo and behold: once Russ left OKC, Adams' DREB% shot up to 24.0% in 2019-20 (an increase of over 62 percent from the previous year!), and has remained above 20% the following seasons in New Orleans and now Memphis, averaging 21.8% since he stopped playing with Russ (a much more reasonable DREB% for a center)

Westbrook was demonstrably vulturing rebounds to chase his triple double records. You lie, the numbers don't.

2756138, even with cataracts he shouldn't miss that bad just off muscle memory
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sat Jan-22-22 10:02 PM
>seriously tho...how do you explain an elite level well
>coordinated athlete shooting shit like this on a basic mid
>range jumper?

his game was always predicated on being able to out-athlete everybody else on the court, but now that that's waning he has no idea how to play any other way. So he's totally out of sorts, rhythm is off, trying to overcompensate, confidence must be shot despite maintaining his trademark scowling public bravado. Whole game is just off-balance in general, resulting in WTF shit like that shot put heave off the top edge of the backboard.

Godless was awesome btw.
2756236, 1 of those shows that makes you wonder how it slipped under your radar.
Posted by Reeq, Sun Jan-23-22 06:41 AM
>Godless was awesome btw.

i didnt realize that thing came out over 4 years ago.
2756113, Welp. Bulls defense is about to fall off a cliff. Fuck Grayson Allen.
Posted by Ryan M, Sat Jan-22-22 07:41 PM
2756120, You don’t know what’s going to happen with our defense.
Posted by allStah, Sat Jan-22-22 08:34 PM
Worry about your own wack defense and team.

We are straight. We got players who play hard and come to play.
2756145, Touchy touchy. 2 of your best defenders are out. That’s usually bad.
Posted by Ryan M, Sat Jan-22-22 10:23 PM
I’m laughing QUITE hard at you, of all people, telling people to worry about their own team. Lemme look at the original post in this thread.

Ah yeah. There it is:

“In other NBA news , the Lakers are still doo-doo on a stick, Garland is
officially an elite PG, Desmond Bane Is making his all star case, and
Kyle Kuzma is body-bagging all comers ( lolLakerslol) ”

Cool hypocrisy!

Anyway AC and Lonzo are my dudes so this CLEARLY wasn’t an anti Bulls post but here we are with you again.
2756121, That motherfucker better get a multi-game suspension.
Posted by RandomFact, Sat Jan-22-22 08:47 PM
Piece of shit was laughing on the bench after it.

I hope someone knocks that fucker out with an errant elbow. He’s the worst kind of dirty player.
2756146, I think that Bucks tweet is gonna bite them in the ass too.
Posted by Ryan M, Sat Jan-22-22 10:38 PM
Ultimately it was a super dirty play - and reputation matters - but did I read correctly he’d never even had a flagrant in a reg season game before? If so, I feel like it’s a 1 game suspension - maybe 2. I agree it should be more but the precedent is what it is.
2756227, Dude should retire and work for barstool
Posted by Amritsar, Sun Jan-23-22 01:07 AM
Their fam base will make any and every excuse for him
2756258, I'd be surprised if the outrage doesn't generate this response
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Jan-23-22 11:07 AM
because there's no way that, given the way NBA wants the game to go, Grayson Allen's actions should stand.

Might need to fine him too.
2756262, I can't see him getting more than 1 game and possibly a fine...
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Jan-23-22 12:03 PM
we all know his college history but has he had any previous incidents in the NBA?
2756125, Agreed.
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Sat Jan-22-22 09:25 PM
Like I said above, he's a coach on the floor.
He knows the scheme. Caruso is pushing guys into position, disrupting plays.
Both the Caruso and Ball news really hurts.
Hoping when Green and Jones come back we can get some sense of the
defense we had in November and December.

But it won't be the same.

Let's see how well trying to out score teams works.
2756230, fam its fuck the bucks from here on out.
Posted by Reeq, Sun Jan-23-22 01:30 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJvPngFXMAA4RYm?format=jpg&name=large
2756233, Yeah…it’s incredibly bad form.
Posted by Ryan M, Sun Jan-23-22 01:41 AM
I know they put it out before they knew the extent of the injury but celebrating that shit with a wink and a smile is really tasteless regardless
2756238, fuck em.
Posted by rl9, Sun Jan-23-22 08:31 AM
2756400, it gets worse. the team was like 'we disagree with the suspension'
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Jan-24-22 06:30 AM
when it was only for one game. Really got off easy there.
2756257, tough deal for the Bucks. Now they have a target on their back
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Jan-23-22 11:05 AM
even tougher for the Bulls... you hate to see a guy go out on some bullshit like that. Grayson Allen probably going to see the bench from here on out.

Nothing too much to say about the Cavs other than they got a win on the Thunder.

HOWEVER... Lauri Markkanen is injured. Thankfully it appears to be a pretty serious ankle sprain versus a non-contact injury like ACL or worse. He will be out several weeks, which means Drippy Dean Time.

Lauri was just getting back into form. He had returned to the point of hitting just above 40% of his 3 pointers. Hopefully the Cavs don't falter too much without him. They are already suffering for more offense. Garland is HARD carrying this team as there really isn't much offense he doesn't initiate. He's putting up so many double-digit assist games, with 3 Cavs usually going into double-doubles at least (last night it was Mobley and Allen).

As the trade deadline approaches, I'm thinking the Rubio contract will be in play, to get a wing player that can score and defend. That really is what the Cavs need, other than making sure there are multiple ball-handlers that can playmake.

Markkanen works because of modern NBA switching and he's been surprisingly good on defense, and he can usually defend opposing front courts and some guards. Wade is sort of the same, but he's not a 7 footer so the novelty is gone.

Hopefully Rondo comes back. Brandon Goodwin has been good as the third guard but the Cavs need some better looks for Kevin Love, Cedi, and others.
2756340, Damn Refs did everything in their power to save the
Posted by allStah, Sun Jan-23-22 08:41 PM
Lakers!!

Lol

God damn that was awful.

They fouled out Bam and Vincent

Lol

Jimmy said nope!!
2756366, Worry about your own team.
Posted by Ryan M, Sun Jan-23-22 10:03 PM
2756370, D Lo Ant and KAT STOMP on the corny ass Krazy Irving / Nets ....
Posted by guru0509, Sun Jan-23-22 10:09 PM
🐺 🐺 🐺 🐺

its so much more fun cheering for a team of young hungry players instead of team entitled spoiled primadonnas who think they can cheat the regular season grind and form like Voltron in the playoffs.

2756399, this season alone, Steph has posted some of his worst shooting numbers
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Jan-24-22 06:29 AM
of his career. On several nights. At first I thought it was just because he was trying to reach the record (something he would have done anyway)

Now...that slump's been hanging around a little longer than I'd expect.
2756401, hes horrible on d again too.
Posted by Reeq, Mon Jan-24-22 06:36 AM
idk whats going on with him.
2756432, was he ever good on D?
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jan-24-22 10:46 AM
2756474, he has a steals crown
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Mon Jan-24-22 05:45 PM
A STEALS CROWN!! (c) Iverstans
2756493, he was being heralded for his improvement earlier in the season.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Jan-25-22 04:59 AM
2756405, He turns 34 in March
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jan-24-22 07:03 AM
2756406, Suggs dunk on Derozan…
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jan-24-22 07:19 AM
https://youtu.be/PKicoLTkQ4k
2756429, elbow to the face, thats close to an offensive foul imo
Posted by agentzero, Mon Jan-24-22 10:43 AM
2756431, disrespectful either way
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jan-24-22 10:45 AM
2756477, Streetclothes may be back tomorrow vs the Nets...
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jan-24-22 06:03 PM
https://www.nba.com/news/lakers-anthony-davis-return-nets
2756482, Ha!
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Mon Jan-24-22 06:59 PM
2756517, Cavs/Knicks was even uglier than vs. Thunder.... but a W
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jan-25-22 02:08 PM
Somehow, Darius Garland turns in another double/double (10+ assists) game. His streak of 10+ assist games his now matches LeBron James for the longest of any player in franchise history. If he does it again vs. the Bucks, that's gonna be wild.

This team, thin on offensive creators as it is, was in trouble w/o Markkanen. Without Allen, the team looks more like you would have expected a team coming off a 22-win season to look.

Isaac Okoro for the first half looked like the best man on the floor. Strong defense and balanced offense.

Kevin Love went OFF in the third, putting the Cavs up to about 16 or so points ahead of the Knicks.

Bur no one could buy a bucket against the Knicks zone and double teams, DG was missing a whole lot. Rondo even had to take some 3s to keep the Cavs from falling into the hole.

you really miss Jarrett Allen in a game like this because Mobley doesn't really screen. So the Cavs basically have "Poop and Rolls" going on.

Not to mention, lobs or no lobs, that PnR game and his presence under the rim and as a switchable perimiter defender makes the game much more manageable for the Cavs. Hope he's not out too long.

Markkanen either. Like Allen, his ability to be more fluid as a defender makes things easier for the Cavs, even when they struggle on offense.

Cavs free throws are atrocious. Only feels like DG can hit 2 of them when granted. Everyone else splits or misses both! What's going on here...

Collin Sexton was at the game, wearing a Mary J Blige T-Shirt. In the huddle, with the team. Man, the Cavs need that dude back. Brandon Goodwin is doing a good impression of him. But the real deal is needed as the Cavs struggle to score.

As for the Knicks:

IMO, Randle is basically the team's Donkeylips, but he has no offensive discipline. Dude just be chucking some of that stuff. I know that's gotta drive Thibs up the wall. What do you do?

Cavalier Legend Alec Burks and Kemba are an OK duo to have as your guards. But again, with Randle basically being a "Braymond" (and not a particularly disciplined one) it's a weird combination.

There's something there in Grimes. A very annoying defender for opposing teams AND he can hit the three. Really more of what I want to see from Okoro.

Obi Toppin was called a bust in his rookie year, now he's solid. Because the Cavs are ass on the perimeter (esp. without JA) you get to see he can hit those 3s if you let him. I think he's going to work out.

Quickley pulling that James Harden grift for free throws was ridiculous.

Where's Cam?????

Ugly game, man. The kind of game I would have expected from both teams a couple of seasons ago (when I really hated going up against the Knicks).

If anything, it's another reminder of how special Ricky Rubio really was in his painfully brief time with the Cavs.

Bucks up next: that's gonna be a L.