Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Hopefully they give Bienemy a shot even though things are up in the…
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2754686&mesg_id=2757839
2757839, RE: Hopefully they give Bienemy a shot even though things are up in the…
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Feb-07-22 05:03 PM
>air offensive talent wise

Right. And that's another piece of the puzzle to me. If the idea is that GOOD Black candidates need to get a fair shake, I want to get crazy and also expect that GOOD Black candidates aren't regularly having to take bad jobs just to get a job and help get the NFL out of hot water. And everyone here should know: showing up on Sundays with a bullshit QB is a great way to end up with a 'don't hire this dude no mo'-level bad record after 2-3 years.

It is one thing if you and the GM swing and miss on a QB (draft, free agency, whatever). It is another thing altogether to get handed a screwed up set of players with a shaky QB room and then you're asked to make some chicken salad..especially when you doing badly will get labeled by many of the excel meatheads as 'See? This is why you can't hire Black coaches! They don't win!'.

So hey..if Eric B doesn't see a path to a good QB, good offensive weapons AND a decent staff, I don't blame if he says 'I'm gonna stay over here with Andy and Pat and roll up hella stats'.