Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectANTONIO BROWN: "Coach cut me and ran his finger across his throat..."
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2754481
2754481, ANTONIO BROWN: "Coach cut me and ran his finger across his throat..."
Posted by CHASE SwAyZe, Wed Jan-05-22 11:12 PM
Brown's statement in its entirety:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33002723/antonio-brown-releases-lengthy-statement-tells-side-story-days-leaving-tampa-bay-buccaneers-game

"First of all, I'd like to express my gratitude to the Bucs, fans, and my teammates. The Bucs helped me return to productive football after I had difficulties that could have ended my career. We worked together to resolve those difficulties, and I will always appreciate that. Being part of a Super Bowl champion team and then a contender is a dream come true.

"I make mistakes. I'm working on myself and I have positive influences around me. But one thing I don't do is shy away from playing hard on the field. No one can accuse me of not giving it my all every play.

"Because of my commitment to the game, I relented to pressure directly from my coach to play injured. Despite the pain, I suited up, the staff injected me with what I now know was a powerful and sometimes dangerous painkiller that the NFLPA has warned against using, and I gave it my all for the team. I played until it was clear that I could not use my ankle to safely perform my playing responsibilities. On top of that, the pain was extreme. I took a seat on the sideline and my coach came up to me, very upset, and shouted, 'What's wrong with you? What's wrong with you?' I told him, 'It's my ankle.' But he knew that. It was well-documented and we had discussed it. He then ordered me to get on the field. I said, 'Coach, I can't.' He didn't call for medical attention. Instead, he shouted at me, 'YOU'RE DONE!' while he ran his finger across his throat. Coach was telling me that if I didn't play hurt, then I was done with the Bucs.

"I didn't quit. I was cut. I didn't walk away from my brothers. I was thrown out. Being fired on the sideline for having a painful injury was bad enough. Then came their 'spin.' Coach denied on national television that he knew about my ankle. That's 100% inaccurate. Not only did he know I missed several games with the injury, he and I exchanged texts days before the game where he clearly acknowledged my injury. He obviously knew I was on the injury list. And the GM acknowledged after the game in text messages to my camp that I did tell coach about my ankle pain on Sunday.

"I know we were losing to the Jets and that was frustrating for all of us. But I could not make football plays on that ankle. Yes, I walked off the field. But there's a major difference between launching from the line and taking hits, compared to jogging off the field with a rush of emotions going through your mind. I am reflecting on my reaction, but there was a trigger. The trigger was someone telling me that I'm not allowed to feel pain. I acknowledge my past. But my past does not make me a second class citizen. My past does not forfeit my right to be heard when I am in pain.

"First they cut me. Now they cage me. Instead of asking how I felt or getting to the bottom of it, the team texted my camp promoting a totally false narrative that I randomly acted out without any explanation. They even told us in writing 'don't spin this' any other way. I have stress, I have things I need to work on. But the worst part of this has been the Bucs' repeated effort to portray this as a random outburst. They are telling people that first I walked off, then I was cut. No. No. No. I was cut first and then I went home. They threw me out like an animal and I refused to wear their brand on my body, so I took my jersey off.

"As part of their ongoing cover-up, they are acting like I wasn't cut and now demanding that I see a doctor of their choice to examine my ankle. What they did not know until now is that on Monday morning I had an urgent MRI on my ankle. It shows broken bone fragments stuck in my ankle, the ligament torn from the bone, and cartilage loss, which are beyond painful. You can see the bone bulging from the outside. But that must and can be repaired. The MRI has been read by two top orthopedic surgeons in NYC, including Dr. Martin O'Malley at Hospital for Special Surgery. Not realizing that I had already scheduled a surgery at HSS, the Bucs 'ordered' me under penalty of discipline and with a few hours' notice to show up to a more junior doctor at HSS for another opinion. What a joke. They're playing like I wasn't cut, giving me a surprise attack 'order' to show up to another doctor with no reasonable notice, and setting this whole thing up as a basis to cut me because what they did on Sunday was not legitimate. Sorry, GM. I already received a confirming opinion from the Top Doc at the hospital you 'ordered' me to go to.

"I love the Bucs fans. I really do. I love my teammates and everyone who showed me grace and believed in me. I gave the Bucs everything I had on the field. What the organization is doing now needs to get cleaned up. I do not understand how people publicly claiming to be concerned about my mental health can do these things to me in private.

"Once my surgery is complete, I'll be back to 100% and looking forward to next season. Business gonna be BOOMIN!"
2754483, "I refused to wear their brand on my body."
Posted by CHASE SwAyZe, Wed Jan-05-22 11:44 PM
"The worst part of this has been the Bucs' repeated effort to portray this as a random outburst. They are telling people that first I walked off, then I was cut. No. No. No. I was cut first and then I went home. They threw me out like an animal and I refused to wear their brand on my body, so I took my jersey off." ~AB
2754484, AB poked holes in the inflatable life raft that Tom Brady threw him...
Posted by guru0509, Thu Jan-06-22 12:05 AM
nobody believes this bullshit..

its a wrap for him. maybe he can get some money boxing jake pauls dumb ass.
2754488, Yeah, very little of this seems believable
Posted by calij81, Thu Jan-06-22 12:25 AM
Especially the last sentence.
2754497, A message for AB from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints:
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Thu Jan-06-22 01:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN97tqSwI44
2754525, Now saying Brady brought him to Tampa so his trainer could make money
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Thu Jan-06-22 12:52 PM
Going after the guy that has tried to save your career twice now, got you a ring, AND let you stay in his house......Brown is an absolute clown.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/antonio-brown-takes-aim-tom-142540575.html
2754534, He is burning every bridge and dropping a bomb on the smoldering pile
Posted by calij81, Thu Jan-06-22 01:09 PM
On his way out of the NFL.
2754539, He's like a sports version of Trump
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Thu Jan-06-22 01:24 PM
Dude just cannot stay off social media and stop tweeting if he feels slighted, and will attack those that helped him get there. Antonio Trump
2754540, Yep, great analogy. He needs to take is talents down to Mar a Lago
Posted by calij81, Thu Jan-06-22 01:26 PM
2754538, BA just spoke.....
Posted by blueeclipse, Thu Jan-06-22 01:24 PM
https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2022/01/antonio-brown-officially-waived-by-buccaneers-coach-bruce-arians-explains-what-happened-on-sidelines.html

Yeah this sounds like what happened. This is what BA said happened the other day. AB and his lawyers put out this bullshit ass statement to try to save face for this dude but it's clear that like ALWAYS he was only concerned with himself.
2754541, I'll hand it to Skip Bayless. He said this on Monday
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Thu Jan-06-22 01:40 PM
He mentioned AB was mad about touches and Brady going to Gronk too much. Yelled in the locker room and even said something to Brady. I'm glad they're finally confirming it so all this "he got benched to avoid incentives" crap can be put to bed.
2754542, damn they even tried to IR him so he could get paid.
Posted by Cenario, Thu Jan-06-22 01:49 PM
2754569, He’ll take a powerful and dangerous painkiller but not the covid vaccine?
Posted by Innocent Criminal, Thu Jan-06-22 06:47 PM
2754582, he snuck an of/ig model into his hotel room the night before
Posted by Reeq, Fri Jan-07-22 01:32 AM
and told her to watch what he was going to do the next day.

and apparently she is famous for licking a toilet seat.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10367913/NFL-star-Antonio-Brown-snuck-woman-hotel-room-night-meltdown.html
2754583, AB cmon mayne. This dude is impossible
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Jan-07-22 02:14 AM
2754587, Good Lord. You guys are worse than the media itself.
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-07-22 08:31 AM
That woman is known for creating fake stories about celebrities. She is the same
woman that lied about Kanye sleeping with a transsexual just to get attention.
She just made it up out of thin air while Kanye was separating from Kim.
She even had fake messages and photos created to spread the fake story.

She also pretended to lick a toilet stool on a commercial airplane as a Corona Virus challenge, having people believe she was licking an actual public toilet that
was covered with droplets of the virus. That was a fake story as well.

She is an Internet influencer and attention seeker, and was more than likely instructed
to do this.

This is lazy posting, and it is ignorant, slanderous and disgusting.

2754594, she got an antonio brown impersonator to leave her voice notes
Posted by Reeq, Fri Jan-07-22 09:12 AM
from a number that matches up to antonio browns?

ok its not like ab has a rep for having sex with of girls and posting the videos.

oh wait...
https://blacksportsonline.com/2020/09/video-teanna-trump-gives-antonio-brown-oral-sex-at-his-gym-on-onlyfans/
2754595, Please STOP.
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-07-22 09:14 AM
You can’t be this gullible and naive.
2754601, The “watch what I’m going to do tomorrow” could just mean that AB
Posted by calij81, Fri Jan-07-22 11:22 AM
Thought he was going to have a big game against the Jets. That’s more than likely what he meant, I doubt he has that whole meltdown preplanned.
2754603, imagine being stuck in a room with these 2? yikes.
Posted by 3xKrazy, Fri Jan-07-22 11:30 AM

>https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10367913/NFL-star-Antonio-Brown-snuck-woman-hotel-room-night-meltdown.html
2754611, wait.. yall believe this woman
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jan-07-22 01:23 PM
and this rag?
2754613, I believe they met up the night before the game
Posted by calij81, Fri Jan-07-22 01:37 PM
AB had a fake vaccine card so I doubt he was taking NFL Covid travel protocol serious.
2754614, I believe AB sneaks girls up.. but I don’t believe it was her.. lol
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jan-07-22 01:42 PM
2754620, Yeah, if he was DMing/texting her, he was probably doing the same with
Posted by calij81, Fri Jan-07-22 02:59 PM
Others and playing those number games to get someone to come up to his room that night.
2754623, I need photo or video evidence
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jan-07-22 03:20 PM
its too easy to hop on a trending story to get some clicks these days
2754631, Exactly.
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-07-22 07:12 PM
This woman is known for creating and spreading fictitious stories about men just
to get AD clicks, and she appears to target black men.

More than like she was hired to do that to Kanye to stain his image while
he was going through a divorce with Kim, and now she is clearly doing the same
thing here.

Today is Friday, the on the field incident happened last Sunday, and she alleges
that she was in the Hotel with him the night before. That’s a timetable of 5-6 days.
Brown is the talk of the media and she is trying to , once again, get some
fame off the hardship of a Blackman....She simply put out a social media post, and
talked to news outlets, and people are believing her even though they know she is
known liar.

She gets paid to influence people on the internet to think a certain way about
people and things. So what does that say about the people who follow her and
believe her?

This shit is beyond dangerous.
2754634, You didn’t click on the link above did you
Posted by calij81, Fri Jan-07-22 07:56 PM
But the article had screen grabs of their text conversation.
2754639, Yeah, I looked at them. You didn’t.
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-07-22 10:42 PM
The text messages are dated Dec 31, 2020, not last weekend. Proof that she is lying
and created a fake story. He hooked up with her years ago, not recently.
She is using old messages to fabricate a story....and old pics.

Also the voice mail messages aren’t dated, and just simply say
I want to see you, and she shows a pic of a hotel sign..

This is our society ...SMH

2756061, lmao.. folks really want to believe
Posted by legsdiamond, Sat Jan-22-22 11:42 AM
2754616, You believe?
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-07-22 01:52 PM
So you’re just sitting here making some shit up, because a woman who is known
for falsifying stories about people for clicks, money and attention.
She creates hoaxes out of thin air, and gets away with it

You’re celebrating a liar and possibly someone who thrives on slandering black men
for her own white gain. This is a woman who has created fake photos, fake sources,
fake situations just to gain fame.

Antonio Brown had a meltdown because he was at odds with the Buccaneers. There
is some texture there, whether you like him or not. He didn’t make some shit up
for fame, and he could possibly be dealing with some type of mental illness on top of
that, where he doesn’t know how to handle matters in a composed way.

I hope you’re never summoned for jury duty.

2754617, Your celebrity worship knows no bounds lol nm
Posted by guru0509, Fri Jan-07-22 02:25 PM
>So you’re just sitting here making some shit up, because a
>woman who is known
>for falsifying stories about people for clicks, money and
>attention.
>She creates hoaxes out of thin air, and gets away with it
>
>You’re celebrating a liar and possibly someone who thrives
>on slandering black men
>for her own white gain. This is a woman who has created fake
>photos, fake sources,
>fake situations just to gain fame.
>
>Antonio Brown had a meltdown because he was at odds with the
>Buccaneers. There
>is some texture there, whether you like him or not. He
>didn’t make some shit up
>for fame, and he could possibly be dealing with some type of
>mental illness on top of
>that, where he doesn’t know how to handle matters in a
>composed way.
>
>
>I hope you’re never summoned for jury duty.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
2754619, I believe that AB does have mental health issues that help explain why
Posted by calij81, Fri Jan-07-22 02:57 PM
He would fake a Covid vaccine card, sneak a girl up the night before a game, and then have a meltdown when he wasn’t getting enough targets in a game.
2754622, faking a vaxx card isn’t a mental health thing tho
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jan-07-22 03:11 PM
that’s just having issues with authority.

Not saying AB isn’t suffering from CTE but I have a friend who’s older brother coached at Central Michigan when AB was there. Said dude always put on a show but also balled out.

Most of the stories about AB are typical WR diva shit..
2754602, AB requested his incentive money be guarenteed, Bucs said no (swipe)
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Fri Jan-07-22 11:29 AM
This all started two weeks ago with AB, apparently. How can someone that used a fake vaccine card get mad that the Bucs wouldnt give him incentives he didnt reaach due to his own stupid mistakes?

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-south/tampa-bay-buccaneers/antonio-brown-reportedly-had-request-for-bucs-last-week
2754607, RE: AB requested his incentive money be guarenteed, Bucs said no (swipe)
Posted by jimaveli, Fri Jan-07-22 12:29 PM
>This all started two weeks ago with AB, apparently. How can
>someone that used a fake vaccine card get mad that the Bucs
>wouldnt give him incentives he didnt reaach due to his own
>stupid mistakes?
>
>https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-south/tampa-bay-buccaneers/antonio-brown-reportedly-had-request-for-bucs-last-week

We know how. There's lots of wildly delusional, crazy, and/or off-base humans in our midst.

Lots of us live in a country where people within the government legit tried to ignore/overturn election results before, just after, and well after a group of doofuses broke into the capitol and mostly got to leave the capitol peacefully, fly/drive home, and talk shit about it for a while before some amount of legal ramifications came into play.

And this? This is the same league with Q-Aaron in position to win it all while some other folks obsess over their desperate narrative that Tom Brady 'isn't that good'.
2754625, he hurt his ankle before the suspension
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jan-07-22 04:32 PM
so maybe his ankle was screaming “nah dawg” so he tried to get that money without the incentives

Would love for the Steelers to make the playoffs and resign AB.. lol
2754632, He hurt his ankle in Week 6
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Fri Jan-07-22 07:15 PM
That's why he was on IR. Then the fake vaccine card suspension. He requested the guarantee before the Carolina game. He caught 10 pass for 100+ yards. Dudes ankle wasn't the issue. He's just mad at the world for no reason. Brady would have made sure he got enough catches for his bonus, just like he did at the end of last year when he gave him three straight shovel passes to get his $$$.

2754608, This thread is fascinating
Posted by Beezo, Fri Jan-07-22 01:05 PM
I’ll leave at at that
2754621, lol indeed
Posted by Cenario, Fri Jan-07-22 03:03 PM
2754626, ab blames brady for not getting him paid.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Jan-07-22 04:43 PM
https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1479537720766705674
2754627, full interview/podcast:
Posted by Reeq, Fri Jan-07-22 05:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0G2hSmr8o0
2754628, *facepalm* when you're not wrong, but you're wrong
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Jan-07-22 06:10 PM
to be so lacking in self-awareness is something else.

you're right.

you are the best over there. still the best in the league IMO but he can't get out of his own way.

so why do YOU think you're on a prove it deal?

2754640, Dude really asked why Gronk makes more than him
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Fri Jan-07-22 10:53 PM
And why he has to be on a "prove it" deal. He really doesn't understand why a team wouldn't give him a guaranteed contract, and instead a performance based contract? The guy that's been released by the last three teams he's been on because of insane behavior? Lmao
2756042, AB THE RAPPER: New Antonio Brown Music Video
Posted by CHASE SwAyZe, Sat Jan-22-22 02:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg9UzLq0hmA

2756068, That whole song is just one long as hook. Haha
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Sat Jan-22-22 01:35 PM
Shame he's having to raise money for this surgery he supposedly needed right away....that he still hasn't had.
2756070, all that just to do 400k views in 10 days?
Posted by Reeq, Sat Jan-22-22 01:38 PM
those are undiscovered soundcloud rapper numbers.
2756084, i wonder how much he blew on this
Posted by Mynoriti, Sat Jan-22-22 04:10 PM
to be like..

ok we're gonna take a couple shots of you looking at clothes
then get in & out of the car a couple times with different outfits
ok let's go to the alley for a few minutes

AB: "Ok what else?

I think we got everything
2756123, hes not a rapper and it didn’t look like he did much
Posted by legsdiamond, Sat Jan-22-22 09:23 PM
2756079, i wanted to laugh. i wanted to cry
Posted by Mynoriti, Sat Jan-22-22 03:51 PM
did neither

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg9UzLq0hmA
>
>
2756117, beat is hard as hell, I want to hear Freddie Gibbs over it.
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jan-22-22 08:03 PM
AB a bum

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg9UzLq0hmA
>
>
2773193, smh. dude is definitely on a run.
Posted by Reeq, Mon Oct-03-22 10:37 AM
https://twitter.com/wavechaser2024/status/1576195131518386176

https://twitter.com/AB84/status/1576586330297237506

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjOm0c2PF-n/?hl=en
(bradys wife)
2773194, he gotta relax.
Posted by kinetic94761180, Mon Oct-03-22 10:48 AM
2773202, he's a lunatic
Posted by Tiger Woods, Mon Oct-03-22 12:05 PM
I kind of like the Vontaze Burfict hit origin story , the idea that one hit turned him into a madman
2773207, that boy wild
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Oct-03-22 01:40 PM
2777460, arrest warranted issued. domestic violence against baby momma.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Dec-01-22 12:09 PM
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1598360776108023808
2777462, waits for CTE plea cops....
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Dec-01-22 12:21 PM
sometimes, people just aint shit.
2777467, and you know he got a long way to go before he reaches his bottom.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Dec-01-22 12:38 PM
2777469, feel like an OJ trajectory is a fair forecast
Posted by Tiger Woods, Thu Dec-01-22 12:47 PM
2777473, He's headed down that Kellen Winslow Jr route
Posted by guru0509, Thu Dec-01-22 01:19 PM
>
2777498, I would be surprised if he raped an old homeless lady though
Posted by falafel stand pimpin, Thu Dec-01-22 05:43 PM
maybe something equivalent but def not THAT
2777501, Yeah that was some next level bizarre shit
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Dec-01-22 06:49 PM
2789047, this dude hasnt been paying his arena football team.
Posted by Reeq, Wed May-03-23 01:11 PM
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1653749246804492289

the head coach and players (including the reigning mvp) have all quit. they were back to back champs before he took over the team.
2789091, around 2018 a woman said AB showed up late for a fundraiser
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu May-04-23 09:30 AM
he was supposed to sign photos or footballs

She said he was the worst POS ever and had a terrible attitude the whole time.

I chalked it up to typical white Steeler fan being mad the Black player wasn’t on time or maybe an athlete having a bad day.

Turns out that was probably the first sign of how shitty he was as a person.

I try to give entertainers the benefit when I hear about a bad experience but this muthaphukka works hard at his craft of being an asshole. Just go away nigga. Sit yo ass down and try not to go broke in the next 5 years.
2789426, looking/sounding cracked out.
Posted by Reeq, Sun May-07-23 01:11 AM
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cr7JnByATGr/