Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectTo be clear, re: "caping"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2754268&mesg_id=2754562
2754562, To be clear, re: "caping"
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jan-06-22 04:51 PM
I'm never surprised if announcers say some racist and/or questionable shit, and I don't know nearly enough about this guy as a person to genuinely defend him one way or the other. I'm defending the assumption that he was Kevin Porter's kid. Like I said elsewhere, if more comes out about him, I'm open to the idea that he's a sick fuck making fucked up jokes on TV. I don't think that's as likely as the alternative, but I'd be fine with being wrong.

The only two things I'm defending here:

1. I don't think it's at all unreasonable to assume that a Junior in the NBA who shares a first and last name with a former NBA player is related to said former NBA player.
2. I don't think it's unreasonable to think a 50-year-old athlete can have a baby.

Which is why I tend to believe his excuse. But again, I know nothing about the guy. Maybe he's a sociopath. I'm confident the internet will uncover stuff about him if there's more to find.

>do you follow the NBA? Do you why he was traded from the Cav's to the Rockets in the first place?

Yes, I follow the NBA. He was traded because he blew the fuck up about his locker room and had off-the-court issues. Here's the trade article from ESPN-- a notable lack of references about his father there: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30756372/source-cleveland-cavaliers-trading-kevin-porter-jr-houston-rockets-second-round-pick

He was a chemistry nightmare at USC, was a chemistry nightmare in Cleveland, and certainly has shown flashes of being a chemistry nightmare in Houston. Maybe people discussed at some point "this is because his dad went to jail for manslaughter," but I genuinely hadn't heard that discussed. Or, if it was mentioned while he was at USC, I didn't remember it. Maybe everyone knew about it before yesterday and immediately associated him with his imprisoned father. I'm one of the few that didn't, I guess.