Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectLet's provide context for the "with Ja/without Ja" thing.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2754268&mesg_id=2754413
2754413, Let's provide context for the "with Ja/without Ja" thing.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Jan-05-22 02:44 PM
That way, people can look at the facts and take them as they will.

I think it's indisputable that Memphis has played very well over the last 20 games, without Ja and with Ja. But for Ja's agent to "get nervous," that certainly suggests that Memphis might be a better team without him. Otherwise, there's no need for Ja's agent to get nervous. (Side note: Ja will be getting a max contract regardless, so I think to suggest his agent is anything other than thrilled to represent a young star is silly. But that's neither here nor there.)

But here are the records, including records against definite playoff caliber opponents, for people to make up their own minds about whether there's anything to be gleaned at all about Ja with either of these small size samples.

>I’m not understanding your point. And your sample size is 5
>games compared
>to Memphis beating the hell out of teams for an entire month
>without Ja

WITHOUT JA:

Memphis played 12 games, 7 at home, 5 on the road. They went 10-2.

They played 4 games against teams that are Top 6 seeds in their respective conference. Went 3-1 in those games.

The wins were home vs. Philly without Embiid, at Dallas without Luka at Miami a week after they lost Bam (the Heat went 3-4 in their first two weeks after Bam's injury). The loss was against Dallas after Luka returned.

SINCE JA RETURNED:

Memphis has played 8 games, 3 at home, 5 on the road. They went 6-2.

They played 4 games against teams that are Top 6 seeds in their respective conference. Went 3-1 in those games.

The wins were at Brooklyn with KD and Harden, at Cleveland with Garland, Allen, and Mobley, and at Phoenix with CP3 and Booker but no Ayton. The loss was a single digit loss at Golden State.