Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThe Pope is/was great on NWA
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2754208&mesg_id=2758777
2758777, The Pope is/was great on NWA
Posted by cgonz00cc, Wed Feb-16-22 05:59 PM
i kinda fell off, not sure if hes there still. Pat McAfee is really good and I get the sense he can be a LOT better still when he decides that he hates certain people and will irrationally attack them or haye on their opponents. Corey Graves is a little bit too much of a try-hard for for me, and Jericho is a try-way-too-hard.

Taz...extreme hot and cold for me. The insider terminology gets really old, but i love the physiological bases for holds and throws, and the judo knowledge touches a happy place for me as a former judoka myself.

i have to say, I appreciate JR as the avatar for the "regular" person watching the show. he says what Im thinking at an alarming frequency. someone has to be a regular fuckin guy in the booth. it just jas to be that way, and if the show becomes something that a regular person cant justify he cant NOT talk about it or he ends up looking like an idiot.

and i know exactly what you mean about the announcers setting the emotional/moral base for the action. Schiavone doing the D-M-D gestures while its revealed the Britt Baker put a bounty on Thunder Rosa...what the fuck man?? thats morally repugnant, and his lack of reaction is the bright red FAKE light going off. why doesnt he care? if he doesnt care, why should I?

its so frustrating because that was his strength during peak Nitro. the fear, the joy, the disgust during the ups and downs of WCW vs the NWO was vital to the way it came off.

i have to ask after the BRAINBUSTAAAA comment...

are you Lapsed??