Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Weirdly AEW has been OK for WWE but death for NXT
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2754208&mesg_id=2758726
2758726, RE: Weirdly AEW has been OK for WWE but death for NXT
Posted by jimaveli, Tue Feb-15-22 05:20 PM
>Especially after they made the dumb fucking decision to put
>that up against AEW "huh huh because we'll beat their indie
>guys with our indie guys."

Yep. You're right.

And then WWE felt trapped into saying 'well, fuck all of these indie guys everywhere. They're just indie guys. This is WW fucking E! Look at our big as big can be muscle guys! YEAH! The indies can't fuck with THIS! Oh, and look at how much money we have! YEAH! Don't you enjoy this show more because you know it is making someone a bunch of money!? Well? Don't you!? YEAH!'.

But oops: Bryan Danielson heard what they said too. And CM Punk went from thinking about going back to WWE to thinking 'not only am I not going back to WWE, I'm going to go try to put over as many of these AEW dudes as humanly possible before I get too old to be out here rasslin'.

I keep saying this though: WWE pivoting off of NXT as it was makes SOME sense once AEW put up more money to be the same type of show. The issue with AEW is also something we've all been over. Sometimes AEW gets 'too little indie' and shit goes off the rails for segments if not whole shows at a time when Punk and Bryan aren't on the screen lending cred to what is happening. But also, NXT was getting to the point where the best guys on the show would almost obviously be screwed once on the main roster. And WWE wasn't going to drastically change the main roster shows to be more wrestling-centric to help the smaller guys get over. Not while Vince is alive with stooges on his side!

But, like it has happened before, WWE moving away from so many wrestlers has and will help the other companies have better shows.

On the other hand, it was only a matter of time before some of these 'indie guys' got over on these shows then wanted to make their way to WWE and try to get over on 'the grandest stage'. Cody fits the bill for sure. You know he hated being in that promo closet before he left.

I just hope like hell that we don't find out Cody was keeping AEW on the rails and now we're about to go completely off task somehow. I'd assume this was NOT the case but we'll see if this isn't a work.