Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectbest Dynamite of 2022 by a country mile
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2754208&mesg_id=2758313
2758313, best Dynamite of 2022 by a country mile
Posted by cgonz00cc, Thu Feb-10-22 10:06 PM
- first 15 minutes doesnt really need much else to he said. great TV.

- Sting is living in a very sweet spot, and being booked as well as anybody. i remember where I was when my pops and I watched the first Clash, and he's still making me feel something.

- 2 meaningless, but short, Young Bucks segments were but a minor inconvenience. i also have no opinion on Jay White

- Keith Lee looked great. id like to see him kicking ass in matches that dont actually mean anything for a while.

- Chris Jericho with his best TV segment in...what? a year and a half? when hes not trying to be liked he can still provide entertainment.

- Santana with a *fantastic* bit of mic time. intensity dropped hard when Ortiz and Guevara got involved verbally, but still the whole thing was miles better than I expected.

- the show really sucks when they do things backwards. the prevalence of insidery info in the digital world we grew up in has made Tony Khan a typical internet wrestling geek who leans in WAY too hard to "its a work bro". Page as champ, Jurassic Express as champs, Adam Cole as #1 contender, Gunn Club as #1 contenders...we watch the fucking TV show. instead of declaring something and then trying to convince us after the fact, make us clamor for it. make us believe that someone is supremely worthy of status BEFORE bestowing it upon them.

- Moxley with his best match of his AEW career. Cash Wheeler still a timeless performer. this teetered on going off the rails like 6 times, and each time it was eased back between the lines. excellent stuff. FTR is in rarefied air right now with their ability to make people look like superheroes, but id really enjoy seeing them win a bunch of matches in a row and rehabilitate the titles.

- AQA has a little personality and fire to her. too bad they did the typical AEW thing. give a debutant(e) an unearned secondary title shot and a loss on their first night. thanks for stopping by i guess.

- Serena Deeb calls out the entire locker room before declaring her "5 Minute *ROOKIE* Challenge" and bullying a jabroni. what an asshole. i love her so much.

- i 15-second-skipped the main event and every time the screen updated i felt better and better about that decision. this shit is beneath a World Champion imo, Adam Cole at the PPV doesnt exactly set my imagination on fire either.

- all the best things going right now are apart from a title picture other than Rosa-Baker, and other than Rosa-Baker they are all being driven by people who came thru WWE.

all in all, really really good stuff. makes me nervous for next week...