Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: So I was at first excited about the Khan "announcement" on Wed....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2754208&mesg_id=2757800
2757800, RE: So I was at first excited about the Khan "announcement" on Wed....
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Feb-07-22 09:32 AM
>Now I'm not so sure.
>
>When it was first announced, it sounded promising, because it
>was framed as "someone is coming through the Forbidden Door."
>I figured it was NJPW, and they might be bringing in Kohada or
>Will Osprey (who's apparently stateside and "fighting" with
>Omega on Twitter), or, failing those two, Juice Robinson.
>There's also been talk that Keith Lee is about to debut, but
>that was a free agent signing.
>
>Then Khan changed it to "free agent signing coming through the
>forbidden door and slamming it on his former employer." And
>he's supposed to fight Isiah Kassidy in qualifier for the
>Ladder Match at Revolution. That sounds a lot like a set-up
>for Jeff Hardy, which would make me considerably less excited.
>Bringing him in certainly doesn't merit the hype.
>
>It'd be interesting if it was Mustafa Ali, to challenge the
>"independent contractor" thing, but I doubt AEW wants to poke
>that bear.
>
>What I'm dreading is that it's a fake out to announce Cody
>re-signing with AEW.

I kinda wish it was Ali. He’s obviously being shelved over some backstage issue when he could be doing something somewhere with somebody.

I’m down with Kross or Keef but they don’t fit the description Tony has given.

I’m borderline confident it’s Jeff Hardy or Cody, if not both. I have to remember that Jeff Hardy was big shit sometime 10-15 years ago. And he can be occasionally fun. And him and Matt together for a last run is as good excuse as any to get some more light on the tag division. I never fully got over him falling off the wagon multiple times in TNA when they were counting on him. Hopefully he’s good in that front rn.

Sami and KO reupping with WWE makes sense to me if the money was great and those dudes aren’t dying to work long hard matches. I’m more annoyed with Cesaro staying cuz they obviously don’t give a fuck about doing much with him. To me, he deserves at least a Benoit ‘take him super seriously for 2 years’ type run where he wins a title. But there’s just no room for that with what wwe is trying to do now.

Zoomed out, Tony is bad at announcing that he has an announcement. It’s like Tony Schiovanne at his worst in the late 90s when he’d dramatically oversell everything.