Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: A classic. This angle is going to manage to make BOTH MJF and Wardlow
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2754208&mesg_id=2757619
2757619, RE: A classic. This angle is going to manage to make BOTH MJF and Wardlow
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Feb-03-22 10:56 PM
>I just for the life of me can’t figure out why some parts
>of the show are so great - basically anything MJF/Punk for
>example - and some are just so bad still (anything with Dan
>Lambert or the Best Friends)

Ring of honor.

New Japan.

ECW.

So many feds in the past tried to pick a style and then have most of the show be a lot of that. But oops, if you do that, you’ll be labeled boring or niche. So what do you do? The wwe nothing really matters but the main people but please buy this merch and trust us to tell you what you should like? Or these aew ‘mix it up but let almost everyone do something resembling what they want to do even if some of it is bad’ type shows?

Lots of us just happen to love the fuck out of what Punk is trying to do. Bryan too. But there’s folks out there who are so broken down by the last 20 years of wwe being the only ‘big American’ show in town that they can’t appreciate how key these dudes are to aew and wrestling in general. There’s people saying it isn’t good cuz the ratings aren’t shooting up already. Meanwhile, I’m thinking ‘I’m pretty sure Steamboat and Flair didn’t make people rich in 89 but it was still excellent’.

Why is this punk stuff good? Cuz he’s probably booking it himself and is getting the freedom, help, and time to get it to our eyes as planned. Why is some of the other stuff shaky? Same answer.