Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: no NXT people in either rumble
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2754208&mesg_id=2757167
2757167, RE: no NXT people in either rumble
Posted by jimaveli, Tue Feb-01-22 11:08 AM
>interesting choice.

It seems like they know they're starting over with NXT so it kinda makes sense to keep those kids in 'their own world' until they feel better about whoever they're going to bring up. Bringing people up then shitting on them because they're not immediately ready to go at Roman Reigns was a bad look for everyone involved. They were damn near starting to treat their NXT call-ups like WCW 2001 people..like bringing them in just to spite them and make sure everyone knew the WWE people were better. Ridiculous I know but wasn't that kinda what they were doing?

Their alleged 'confusion' is kinda silly..that's for sure. And the whole 'kill everyone who had anything to do with NXT B&G' seems a little like self-serving CYA. And Haitch seems to be catching it ugly to the point where it seems like something else is going on that we don't know about (imagine that).

But the pivot still seems logical to me zoomed out. To me, NXT was the best Murrican Indy. Then AEW showed up, put more money in than NXT wanted to put into their deal. They turned into Super NXT: Champion Edition. IE: Punk, Omega, Sting, and others weren't going to go to NXT for instance.

With that, what if NXT had stayed how it was? At worst, it would've become a better farm system for AEW than it would've been for WWE's main roster. IE: I love Gargano and his NXT run is going to age ridiculously well IMO but they were never going to put him against a Brock with a straight face..not even on a random show. So they were kinda stuck if they wanted NXT to be a farm system.