Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: They've both pulled every lever in that feud perfectly
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2754208&mesg_id=2756758
2756758, RE: They've both pulled every lever in that feud perfectly
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Jan-27-22 06:14 PM
>Setting up for the pay-off in Chicago.
>
>Only thing will be if the MJF/Wardlow split-up happens that
>night, or a little farther down the road. I actually think it
>would benefit if they teased it out a little more.
>
>I thought the ladder match worked well. Yeah, there were a lot
>of highspots, but the flow was better than a good deal of the
>TLC spot-fests of the past. Plus, the only spot I didn't like
>was them both hanging on to the belt bar above the ring and
>both falling. The was dangerous and looked dumb. Sammy doing
>the senton off one ladder onto Cody draped across another was
>probably unnecessary, but looked awesome.
>
>I'm aware that most people in this thread don't like Orange
>Cassidy, but the match was fine to me and a good pay-off for
>an angle that had some bad set-up. Only thing I didn't like
>about the match itself was that Orange waited too long to jump
>off the top of the stage with Cole. But otherwise, it's an end
>to the feud that wpn't effect Cole moving forward.

I’ll confess right here: I love Orange Cassidy. He gets me every time. He looks to be working out too. To me, he’s a weird indy gimmick dude who is smoothing out some of his rough edges. Aka he’s losing some of his time-wasting bullshit and doing more straight-ahead wrestling. And he somewhat obviously can work well enough. He just needs someone to keep him on-pace..a bunch of guys in all companies now need that! And I remember seeing this type of stuff a lot back in the day…people updating and adapting their shit as they change companies and/or get into different spots on cards. I’m okay with all of this. He also reminds me of a lot of 80s workers who had some repeat spots that they’d try to rig into every match no matter what the situation was. And then, people would react to them in different ways and fun was had by all who saw what was going on.

It is NOT the same talent but it reminds me of what happened with RVD going from ECW athletic feat machine to trying to be a more ‘complete’ wrestler later on. I liked his early WWE days because they made a point to beat him up every time he stalled a lot.

I was fine with the ladder match too. The cutter was beautiful, Cody lost, and now we can ideally get some more of Sammy getting his stuff together.