Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject... sigh, I agree with ThaTruth here, lol.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2752924&mesg_id=2753212
2753212, ... sigh, I agree with ThaTruth here, lol.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Dec-17-21 01:09 AM
Look, five years ago, about ten players shot 7+ 3s a game. Five years before that, no one did. Now we have north of 30 guys taking 7+ 3s a game. Five years from now, wouldn't be surprised if 50+ players are taking 7+ 3s a game.

I don't think Steph's record will be *easily* broken, obviously, lol. But we already have two players who will cross 7000+ attempts from 3 this season, and Dame will cross that mark end of next season or beginning of the one after. That'll be three of the only four players ever to cross 7000 3PAs, all doing it close to the same time.

I mean, Trae Young's already ahead of Steph's pace, if only because of volume, not because of accuracy. And Trae isn't going to be the only young player in the next five years immediately given the green light to chuck 8 3PAs a game.

So I don't think it diminishes Steph's accomplishment at all to suggest that, in the next 10-15 years, it's very reasonable to expect someone breaks Steph's record by shooting 500 to 1000 more attempts in his career than Steph ends up shooting, lol. The volume isn't going to stop going up. Even middling shooters are going to get greener lights than anyone 5-10 years ago ever saw.