Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject2021-22 NBA Regular Season: Week 9
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2752924
2752924, 2021-22 NBA Regular Season: Week 9
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-13-21 06:33 PM
Adam Silver is a joke. Our own government is boycotting China for China’s disregard
of civil and human rights towards their own people, and committing acts of genocide towards ethnic groups in their country.

Instead of Silver getting on board, and eradicating or suspended all business relations
with and in China, he just continues to ignore the issue. And you couple that with the
covid outbreak that is happening within the league, which is being handled improperly,
he is showcasing to be a commissioner who is negligent and apathetic.

The WTA have pulled out of having tournaments or events in China
until the Chinese government stops committing acts of genocide, and improve
upon their policies of civil and human rights.

His non-action of not saying or doing anything is an action of supporting the inhumane
actions of China.

2752927, Zach LaVine is a max player.
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Mon Dec-13-21 07:16 PM
2752934, What does it matter to you if I think he is a max player
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-13-21 09:19 PM
or not?

I said he is an allStar player, and he can ball. However, I’m not
sure he is a supermax player. He isn’t on the level of Giannis/Durant/Steph.

I like Zach Lavine, and you know this, but I need to see complete BB on
both ends of the court.
2752929, Chef Curry
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Dec-13-21 08:13 PM
Steph deserves all his flowers as he nabs the 3-pt record. It's insane how influential he's been on the game by playing a style only he could play as a jump-shooting anomaly; greatest shooter of all time, easily.

Although he's never been the best player on the court in all 5 of the NBA Finals he's appeared in, he's arguably all-time great at his position. But what I never fully appreciated until these past 2 years is just how effortlessly dominant he is when he's on. When he takes over a game, he doesn't do it with superior athleticism, speed, or physicality. It's more of a magic that only he can wield - and when he gets going it's Kareem sky-hook levels of unstoppable. I'd argue that his jump-shot has surpassed the sky-hook as the single deadliest/most unstoppable weapon the game has ever seen.

He's never been able to truly do it over a sustained period in a Finals - which is why it'd be fun to see him do it at this later stage of his career.
2752933, So are you saying he is this era’s greatest player?
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-13-21 09:14 PM
Do tell.

LOL
2752936, lol'z
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Dec-13-21 09:28 PM

-->
2752937, There’s a reason he’s never been Finals MVP, Doc Rivers showed…
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Dec-13-21 10:01 PM
what a concentrated defense can do to him. Steph is great but Steve Kerr’s system and Draymond Green’s facilitating make him greater. In a 7 game series a smart coach will limit him and make someone else beat you.
2753297, so then I guess Kerr is a mastermind & Draymond is a HOF lock
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sat Dec-18-21 03:02 PM
which is funny because you always say Kerr only won because he inherited the team Mark Jackson developed and Kerr doesn't deserve any credit for Golden State's success, and that Draymond is wildly overrated and doesn't belong anywhere near Springfield.
2752942, He's really blazed a trail all to his own
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Tue Dec-14-21 02:00 AM
Yes, by traditional standards, he wasn't the best player in any of his Finals matchups. Some might say he wasn't even the best on his own team in two of them.

But there's something unquantifiable about the way his shooting and his ability to shoot from anywhere on the court at an elite level enhances his team's offense.

Everyone here isn't big into analytics, but Stephs's on/off numbers are mind-blowing, especially for a player who is under 6'5" and not a tremendous two-way player.

When Durant was playing for them, and in the limited number of games, he played alongside Klay and Dray, the team performed at a 55-win level. But when Steph played without KD, the team played at a 60 or 65-win level.

Or like last year when the team had the 10th ranked offense when Steph played but would have been dead last if the team played as they did when he was off the floor.

That being said, there is something oddly 'dependant' on how he plays.

Part of what makes his shooting so impactful is that he's streaky in a good way. A team can be locked in and then lose focus for three or four possessions and the game can swing 8 to 10 points. It's like his makes have psychological intimidation to them.

But the damage his game can do to an opponent is only felt when he's hitting at an elite level. Which is hard to do, period. Much less during a Finals run where defenses can play more physically and key in on whatever weaknesses they detect.

There's something deflating about watching a team consistently put the ball in the net, even if it's only worth 2 rather than 3. Even if Steph is hitting, he's still missing 6 out of 10, rather than only 4 out of 10 for LeBron or KD or MJ.

But when he's locked in, there's nothing like watching him hit three after three.

He should have won the Finals MVP that Iggy got. I think Zach Lowe put it best when he asked how Iggy could win the MVP for his defense against LeBron if LeBron arguably could have won the award while losing the series? I think Steph put up 26 a game in that series.

In an odd way, the fact he lost that Finals MVP is part of the uniqueness of his shooting. Yes, he scored 26 but his 3PT% dropped to 38%, whereas his next lowest percentage for a series was a little over 40%. And in the series before, against Houston, he shot over 50% from 3.

He played great, but not as well as we think he is capable of playing. He's being knocked for being good rather than otherworldly as he is at times.

To be fair, LeBron and even KD do improve their numbers in the postseason. So maybe while Steph was the Warriors' best player during their run, he wasn't their closer. And that's likely why he doesn't have a signature Finals moment like LeBron does in '16 or KD in the '17 Finals run.

For as much as I like Steph, it's hard to think of someone as small as he is, that doesn't impact defense on an individual level like LeBron or MJ or Kareem as a top 10 player. But he may have had an impact on basketball like a top 10 player.

It's just hard to compare apples to oranges and it seems that what Steph is relative to other legends. It'll be interesting to look back on his career after it's done and make sense of it.

2752980, yea Steph's 1 of 1.
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Dec-14-21 05:10 PM

>But there's something unquantifiable about the way his
>shooting and his ability to shoot from anywhere on the court
>at an elite level enhances his team's offense.

Right. Also the energy that generates when he gets in the zone is uncanny. There's a flow and joy to the how he plays the game that is also must-watch basketball, so there's a dramatic flair that few can replicate.

>Everyone here isn't big into analytics, but Stephs's on/off
>numbers are mind-blowing, especially for a player who is under
>6'5" and not a tremendous two-way player.
>
>When Durant was playing for them, and in the limited number of
>games, he played alongside Klay and Dray, the team performed
>at a 55-win level. But when Steph played without KD, the team
>played at a 60 or 65-win level.

Right. They also won 73 games without KD and were champions before he joined them. The DNA in how they play is actually more pure sans KD - but when it comes to the Finals, they needed KD to come in an put them over the top after 2016.

KD in that role was the ultimate assassin. He could just cruise through the season, score in bunches, and then provide assassin like offense in the Finals that featured the most top-heavy offensive team ever assembled. Even though KD was the better player, Steph was always the leader of those teams.

>He should have won the Finals MVP that Iggy got. I think Zach
>Lowe put it best when he asked how Iggy could win the MVP for
>his defense against LeBron if LeBron arguably could have won
>the award while losing the series? I think Steph put up 26 a
>game in that series.
>
>In an odd way, the fact he lost that Finals MVP is part of the
>uniqueness of his shooting. Yes, he scored 26 but his 3PT%
>dropped to 38%, whereas his next lowest percentage for a
>series was a little over 40%. And in the series before,
>against Houston, he shot over 50% from 3.

Could def make a case for Steph in that 2015 Finals - but he had so many turnovers (almost like 30?) throughout the course of that Finals, and defensively was somewhat of a liability. His scoring was there (albeit inconsistently - and at times - Matthew Dellavedova locked him up!

He could've still gotten the MVP - but it didn't feel like an MVP like performance because it wasn't clear that Steph was *the* reason why they won like it is with most recipients of the award. If there was ever to give the award to the opposing player, it should've bee in that series. LeBron set a crazy record: only player in history to lead *both* teams in essentially every major statistical metric: pts, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks etc..

Bananas. If Jerry West got the Finals MVP on a losing team, then Bron definitely should've gotten it there given the precedent.

Because to your point - how does Iggy get the MVP award for his defense on LeBron if Bron accomplished ^that on 36, 13 & 9 from the field? lol

>For as much as I like Steph, it's hard to think of someone as
>small as he is, that doesn't impact defense on an individual
>level like LeBron or MJ or Kareem as a top 10 player. But he
>may have had an impact on basketball like a top 10 player.
>
>It's just hard to compare apples to oranges and it seems that
>what Steph is relative to other legends. It'll be interesting
>to look back on his career after it's done and make sense of
>it.

I don't think Steph has been or will ever be on the level of LeBron - or even KD individually - but I'd take him over almost every other guy (maybe with the exception of Giannis) in his era.

-->
2752968, Lol , no.
Posted by guru0509, Tue Dec-14-21 02:23 PM
>I'd argue that
>his jump-shot has surpassed the sky-hook as the single
>deadliest/most unstoppable weapon the game has ever seen.
>

It’s been stopped . Many times . Most notably in the NBA finals
2753006, yea, I'm still taking Steph's 3-point shot over Kareem's sky-hook
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Dec-15-21 12:35 PM

-->
2753008, that's cool, it's not unstoppable though. bc its been stopped.
Posted by guru0509, Wed Dec-15-21 12:40 PM
hell , kevin love stopped it in in the most clutch moment of stephs career.

2753013, No shot is infallible - Kareem was contained in the Finals too
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Dec-15-21 02:10 PM
Wasn't like Kareem's sky-hook was taking over every single facet of the game either. In the Finals, Kareem was often pretty well contained and - more times than not - it was ultimately because of somebody else (be it Magic or even Big Game James) that his teams won the 'chip, similar to Steph.

But the question to me is: if you can have one shot over the course of a career that is more deadly -- what do you take? I'll take Steph's 3 over the sky-hook every day. I just think it does more aggregate damage.

-->
2753299, when he was old
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sat Dec-18-21 04:16 PM
nobody was containing Kareem in his prime.

>But the question to me is: if you can have one shot over the
>course of a career that is more deadly -- what do you take?
>I'll take Steph's 3 over the sky-hook every day. I just think
>it does more aggregate damage.

most unstoppable shot and aggregate damage are not the same thing.
2753298, so has he been able to do it in the Finals?
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sat Dec-18-21 03:26 PM
you haven't made your thoughts on that clear enough.
2752935, Unicorn be unicorning when Luka is in street clothes
Posted by Castro, Mon Dec-13-21 09:21 PM
2752938, Truth
Posted by Beezo, Mon Dec-13-21 10:31 PM
2753050, Yeah...he really is killing them out there
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Dec-15-21 08:24 PM
2752939, Houston is 8-2 in their last 10 games.
Posted by Castro, Mon Dec-13-21 10:54 PM
2752943, Cavs grind out another win on Miami
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Dec-14-21 07:43 AM
the same team essentially that beat the Bucks (a team that is one of Cavs few recent losses). Miami's rotation is almost Golden State level, with how the "Below Jimmy and Bam" roster fills out. Yurtseven came out and had some quality minutes (deployed especially to deal with the Cavs big men).

However, the Heat's most valuable player beyond Jimmy, Bam, and Tyler IMO is PJ Tucker. He is MUCH better in the place he's playing than Iguodala was.

Miami absolutely game planned to take out the Cavs, which is a progression. They were running some real half court offense, some tough passing to get around the defense, and Evan Mobley in specifically.

Kevin Love went off though. 23 in the second half. Average numbers from everyone else but maximized minutes from Okoro and Lamar Stevens (who might be the 9th man in due time).
2752944, Cavs for this chip.
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Dec-14-21 09:05 AM
2752972, RE: Cavs grind out another win on Miami
Posted by Castro, Tue Dec-14-21 02:54 PM
Stephens impressed me during the summer league. Glad to see he is getting some burn.
2752964, Chinese Imperialism is a very real threat to humanity. No lies told here.
Posted by guru0509, Tue Dec-14-21 01:10 PM
The Chinese government doesn’t respect the borders of sovereign countries , whether land naval or aerial.

I’ve been to 47 countries and that is one place I refuse to set foot in. I even told my project managers don’t ever send me to Shangai for work unless you want me to put in my two weeks.

That being said ….lmao at the rumor mill heating up for Westbrick. I hope he gets dealt to a basement dweller so he can continue putting up his meaningless numbers that the “Brodie” groupies on here masturbate over
2752970, so you said all that to post about Russ? lol
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Dec-14-21 02:43 PM
>The Chinese government doesn’t respect the borders of
>sovereign countries , whether land naval or aerial.
>
>I’ve been to 47 countries and that is one place I refuse to
>set foot in. I even told my project managers don’t ever send
>me to Shangai for work unless you want me to put in my two
>weeks.
>
>That being said ….lmao at the rumor mill heating up for
>Westbrick. I hope he gets dealt to a basement dweller so he
>can continue putting up his meaningless numbers that the
>“Brodie” groupies on here masturbate over
2752973, LOL
Posted by allStah, Tue Dec-14-21 03:16 PM
2752974, Another covid shutdown looming ahead , I gotta get them in while I can
Posted by guru0509, Tue Dec-14-21 03:21 PM
I doubt this season gets finished under normal circumstances

>>The Chinese government doesn’t respect the borders of
>>sovereign countries , whether land naval or aerial.
>>
>>I’ve been to 47 countries and that is one place I refuse
>to
>>set foot in. I even told my project managers don’t ever
>send
>>me to Shangai for work unless you want me to put in my two
>>weeks.
>>
>>That being said ….lmao at the rumor mill heating up for
>>Westbrick. I hope he gets dealt to a basement dweller so he
>>can continue putting up his meaningless numbers that the
>>“Brodie” groupies on here masturbate over
>
2752975, i assume/hope the league is developing a plan for when things get worse
Posted by RandomFact, Tue Dec-14-21 03:31 PM
bc i don't see a scenario where the situation doesn't explode in a couple weeks when omicron takes hold. shit is already getting out of hand in the league and we're primarily dealing with the last gasp of delta and fully vaccinated players (although some/most of these dudes may have done the one dose of the relatively ineffective J&J just to comply).

i can see a 2+ week shutdown and then no fans for a period.
2752983, J&J is reportedly more effective than the mRNA vaccines vs Omicron....
Posted by Castro, Tue Dec-14-21 05:36 PM
2752997, Where are you getting that from? It's just not true.
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Wed Dec-15-21 08:30 AM

https://www.bloombergquint.com/coronavirus-outbreak/j-j-shot-shows-no-neutralization-against-omicron-in-lab-study

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/12/israeli-study-finds-pfizer-covid-booster-protects-against-omicron-variant.html
2752988, WHAP! Record broken. With a defender in his face too
Posted by mrhood75, Tue Dec-14-21 07:50 PM
Damn near unbelievable. Great moment.

Now that that's out of the way, let's win.
2752992, Yep!! So fitting it happened in MSG too
Posted by Amritsar, Tue Dec-14-21 08:42 PM
IYKYK
2753004, word. deserves it's own post. but oh well. we already knew. now hopefully
Posted by poetx, Wed Dec-15-21 12:08 PM
they can get back to playing normally.

also, is there a home game before christmas? klaywatch.

it'll be real interesting to see what steph does without the constant double teams.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad
2752998, KD has logged +40mins 5Xs in his last 8GP
Posted by bentagain, Wed Dec-15-21 09:01 AM
Genuinely happy for dude
He looks to be back to slim reaper form
and even better
He's really taking on the defensive challenge

But...at 33Y.O. and a significant, recent injury history...I don't see this ending well
2753005, It probably won't - eventually...but...
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Dec-15-21 12:34 PM
KD has essentially ruined the expectations for any player coming back from an Achilles.

The fact that he's averaging nearly 30 ppg (highest since the 2013-2014 season), is in the hunt for another MVP, and just generally looks like the same player he was is INSANE. Everyone used to point to Nique as the player that recovered best from it - but KD is just on another level.
2753015, I think when it's all said & done - KD will be a top 15 all-timer
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Dec-15-21 02:36 PM
Maybe even top 10 if he can win again as the leader of this Nets team. Depends on how long he can keep this form up -- but I feel like he's currently oscillating in that Hakeem GOAT territory with significant upside remaining if he can stay healthy.

-->
2753025, I mean, is he there already?
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Dec-15-21 03:27 PM
Top 15 I mean.

2x Champ
2x FMVP
1x MVP
11x All Star (2x ASG MVP)
6x First Team
2x Second Team
4x Scoring Titles
50-40-90 Club

It's gotta be close. He's gotta be near Hakeem all time.
2753027, yea - he probably is. At least in the top 15
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Dec-15-21 03:36 PM
I think there's a bit more work to do to get into the top 10 - but I think it's largely inevitable if he stays healthy.

-->
2753101, No
Posted by bentagain, Thu Dec-16-21 08:53 AM
Obviously hindsight, but I really wish that OKC team would have stayed together
Had the potential to be a modern Bird BOS Celtics with the first ballot HOFers on that roster
I don't blame KD for leaving to win...but that lessens the chips and fmvps IMO
Still a helluva a resume...but top 15...all-time...no.

I want to see him do it as The Guy
IMO he needs one more.
2753043, Naw, he is tainted. Along with Lebron, he is part of the super team
Posted by allStah, Wed Dec-15-21 06:44 PM
movement that has tarnished this era. He left OKC to form a super alliance
In Golden State, and then he ditched Golden State to build a supreme team
in Brooklyn. That puts a stain on his legacy, and prevents him from leaping
over other all-time greats who accomplished better or similar numbers.

2753044, This argument is and will always be dumb.
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Dec-15-21 06:49 PM
"Superteams" don't always work out - and they haven't for the Nets to date either.

Guys in the top 20 that have played on what were deemed "superteams":

Lebron
Kobe
Magic
Bird
Durant
Hakeem
Shaq

etc etc

The "superteam" thing is stupid.
2753045, Your argument is incorrect. Those players never left their
Posted by allStah, Wed Dec-15-21 07:29 PM
teams to intentionally build or form a super alliance to win a championship.

Hakeem won a championship before others joined him, and he never left
Houston. The same goes for Bird, Magic, etc

Durant joined forces with the players that he couldn’t defeat, where he reached
out to players about joining up. Both Lebron and KD did it multiple times, basically
quitting each time things didn’t work out.

It’s one thing to go out and get an allStar free agent to feel a void, but to
specifically join up with 3 or 4 allStar, hall of fame bound players is
cherry picking at its finest.

2753046, Why are you so against player movement?
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Dec-15-21 08:06 PM
Who gives a shit.

The owners and GM's will trade players in a heartbeat without thinking about their legacy or whatever - IE Blake Griffin after signing a new deal.

It's not as if the superteams win every year either - we just saw Milwaukee do it with a homegrown team (but of course, they needed some trade help - certainly would not call them a superteam by any means). The point is - this whole narrative of "you cant beat them join em" ONLY goes back to KD, and he's had huge success before and now after the 3 years at GSW. It doesn't diminish his legacy whatsoever. He was a huge piece of perhaps the best team we've ever seen.
2753052, Player movement doesn’t mean what you think it means.
Posted by allStah, Wed Dec-15-21 08:59 PM
This isn’t a subject about FA, or players having the right to go elsewhere.
So I’m not sure why you are talking about GMs. I’m talking about players literally
reaching out to other megastar players to go after a championship.

That’s why there is a salary cap, so that teams can’t stack all the top players.
There are barriers in place to prevent owners from trying to build super teams.
Durant took a pay cut of 10 million dollars to go join a championship team. He
jumped on the coattails of Steph, an already proven champion, and has yet
to lead a team of his own to a championship victory.

It matters and it will exist as an asterisk on his legacy.

2753178, That’s not what I’m saying.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Dec-16-21 04:25 PM
Free agency is what it is, but I mean the players should be as emboldened as the owners when it comes to moving around. Sure, certain players teamed up via FA…but they could just as easily be moved like I mentioned for Blake.

There might be more “glory” in doing it alone or from the team that drafted you - but that doesn’t happen often and hasn’t for a long time. Add to that the “rangs” discourse and it’s only natural people will put themselves in a position to win. I had an issue with the Heatles but I was wrong to have that POV. The players should take advantage of the system as much as GMs who have fucked around with players’ careers.
2753180, That changes absolutely nothing.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Dec-16-21 04:31 PM
>teams to intentionally build or form a super alliance to win
>a championship.

This is 100% irrelevant.

>Hakeem won a championship before others joined him, and he
>never left
>Houston. The same goes for Bird, Magic, etc

One of these things is not like the other, lol.

Hakeem has two of the most criminally under-heralded titles in the last 40 years. Ditto Dirk's.

And not just because they never left their teams, but because the talent drop off after them on their teams was pretty significant in comparison to other champions.

Namely, Magic, Bird, and Mike.

The ONLY real difference here is that Brawn and KD were able to control their own destiny, rather than being stuck hoping and praying that management would get them the sort of help the Holy Trinity had.

>Durant joined forces with the players that he couldn’t
>defeat, where he reached
>out to players about joining up. Both Lebron and KD did it
>multiple times, basically
>quitting each time things didn’t work out.

>It’s one thing to go out and get an allStar free agent to
>feel a void, but to
>specifically join up with 3 or 4 allStar, hall of fame bound
>players is
>cherry picking at its finest.

You don't seem to have an issue when management does this.
Of course, we both know why that is ;)
2753218, They wanted to rest him and he was questionable for the Raptors Game
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Dec-17-21 11:20 AM
>Genuinely happy for dude
>He looks to be back to slim reaper form
>and even better
>He's really taking on the defensive challenge
>
>But...at 33Y.O. and a significant, recent injury history...I
>don't see this ending well
>

But then the whole team went into protocol and he had to play. I imagine if Harden is back after this, theyll give KD some rest again.
2753047, I better not see AB switching on Porzingis again.
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Dec-15-21 08:07 PM
Yuck.
2753055, Cotdamn, this man is in the Hall of Fame of wrong…
Posted by Dstl1, Wed Dec-15-21 09:23 PM
LMAO
https://twitter.com/OldTakesExposed/status/1470983000393494532?s=20
2753065, He is but he wasn’t alone in his thinking, shoutout to David Kahn
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Dec-15-21 10:57 PM
2753073, That's what the Wolves said at the time
Posted by mrhood75, Thu Dec-16-21 12:42 AM
They've since said the reason was "Steph told us he wouldn't sign if we drafted him." Which is what he/Dell apparently told the Warriors too, but the Warriors said fuck it and drafted him anyway.
2753181, Methinks the Warriors made a good choice there.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Dec-16-21 04:33 PM
2753191, And of course, it's become everyone's idea to draft him
Posted by mrhood75, Thu Dec-16-21 07:24 PM
Each individual in the front office has taken credit. "Victory has a thousand fathers..." yadda yadda yadda.

I'm inclined to believe it was Don Nelson who made the call/pushed the hardest, because drafting a player after his relatives/agent tell you not to is a very Nellie thing to do.
2753305, Doo Doo Dougie!
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sat Dec-18-21 07:16 PM
2753059, This game is nuts.
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Dec-15-21 10:16 PM
2753064, AR-15!
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Dec-15-21 10:50 PM
2753075, the last time the Cavs won a game by single digits...
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Dec-16-21 12:44 AM
...it was that first game against Boston. Every other win has been 10 points or more.

35 point win against Houston minus Green, Gordon, Porter. Sengun is a STEAL for them.

The whole 4th quarter was garbage time just about LOL.

Bring on the Bucks.

And Boston is coming up soon. Penes and 'em gonna get the GUILE.
2753094, Breh, I didn’t realize til last night…
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Dec-16-21 08:01 AM
that ol school picture day head ass Ed Davis was on your squad, lol
2753207, yep, and he's putting in quality minutes.
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Dec-16-21 11:54 PM
JBB figured out that he's a better use of personnel than Tacko Fall LOL.

....aaaaaaaaaaaaaand Okoro got COVID. dammit. LOL
2753085, these dudes really had a locker room celebration after beating okc.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Dec-16-21 06:35 AM
okc fam.
2753099, it was a helluva shot and its not like they've had much else to celebrate
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Dec-16-21 08:30 AM
this season.

61 feet, the longest game winner in 25 years
2753106, Lol, right….
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Dec-16-21 09:23 AM
both teams are really, really bad…but, I’m sure they enjoy playing basketball and that was a crazy ass shot…ESPECIALLY coming right after the shot Shai hit to tie the game. I thought it was headed to OT. I legit looked away to the other tv with the Lakers game on and missed the Pels winning shot, in real time.
2753172, That shit was nuts tho. You can party off of a shot like that
Posted by Castro, Thu Dec-16-21 03:22 PM
2753100, and a non-shooter like Anthony Edwards hit ten 3's last night? Steph's...
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Dec-16-21 08:37 AM
record may not be as unreachable as some think
2753169, Don’t do this, bro.
Posted by allStah, Thu Dec-16-21 03:14 PM
I’m not sure what your Steph agenda is, but you should put it to rest.

2753182, #StephHive can calm down, no agenda here, I'm not saying Edwards or...
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Dec-16-21 04:45 PM
anybody else currently in the league is a threat for Steph's record I'm just saying the amount of 3's being attempted in the NBA currently is ridiculous.

This season Steph is at a all-time high of 13.4 PA with 5.4 3PM which is actually a career low 39% which is crazy in itself for the amount of 3's he takes.

I'm just saying if a young player comes into the league accurate or nearly as accurate as Steph with the rate the entire league is currently shooting 3's its not completely out of the realm of possibility
2753175, only one with a shot at beating that record is his son.
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Dec-16-21 04:02 PM
2753176, Bro, chill. The person whose gonna break that record…
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Dec-16-21 04:10 PM
hasn’t been born yet. You see how much faster he got there than Ray?
2753179, That, plus he's nowhere close to finished.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Dec-16-21 04:26 PM
Steph broke Ray's record.

By the time Steph retires- something catastrophic and unforseen notwithstanding- Steph's record will be gargantuan by comparison.

2753177, Weird, considering that record is FAR from set right now.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Dec-16-21 04:22 PM
But since you've got that third eye vision, what's the record the Next will have to break?
2753212, ... sigh, I agree with ThaTruth here, lol.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Dec-17-21 01:09 AM
Look, five years ago, about ten players shot 7+ 3s a game. Five years before that, no one did. Now we have north of 30 guys taking 7+ 3s a game. Five years from now, wouldn't be surprised if 50+ players are taking 7+ 3s a game.

I don't think Steph's record will be *easily* broken, obviously, lol. But we already have two players who will cross 7000+ attempts from 3 this season, and Dame will cross that mark end of next season or beginning of the one after. That'll be three of the only four players ever to cross 7000 3PAs, all doing it close to the same time.

I mean, Trae Young's already ahead of Steph's pace, if only because of volume, not because of accuracy. And Trae isn't going to be the only young player in the next five years immediately given the green light to chuck 8 3PAs a game.

So I don't think it diminishes Steph's accomplishment at all to suggest that, in the next 10-15 years, it's very reasonable to expect someone breaks Steph's record by shooting 500 to 1000 more attempts in his career than Steph ends up shooting, lol. The volume isn't going to stop going up. Even middling shooters are going to get greener lights than anyone 5-10 years ago ever saw.
2753228, Let's put it this way then:
Posted by RagOnMe, Fri Dec-17-21 02:23 PM
You've been forever kidnapped, but your captors will let you go if 1 NBA player (of your choosing*) hits an uncontested 3-pointer in their favorite empty practice gym (1 attempt allowed).

* - in this hypothetical you can also choose whoever is the top 3-point shooter in the NBA 15 years from now..

Do you go with the "15 years from now guy" or Steph?

---

The stat that's the craziest to me is the 9+ 3PM in a game one: it's Harden like at 9, Dame at 8? ....and then Steph has done it 37 times??

This might be the "18 golf majors" record of the NBA
2753302, lol well obviously more info would be needed
Posted by Frank Longo, Sat Dec-18-21 06:20 PM

>* - in this hypothetical you can also choose whoever is the
>top 3-point shooter in the NBA 15 years from now..
>
>Do you go with the "15 years from now guy" or Steph?

Does the guy who breaks Steph's record do so shooting a higher or lower percentage than Steph? Because if Hypothetical Guy shoots a higher percentage than Steph, then of course you go Hypothetical Guy. And if Steph shot the higher percentage, then of course you go Steph.
2753185, Isaiah Thomas gets an award for persistence....10 day contract with LA
Posted by Castro, Thu Dec-16-21 05:43 PM
he could have packed up and went to play in China and dropped 125 points in a game, but he wanted one last shot at the league.
2753189, yeah I guess with Russ and AB entering health and safety protocols...
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Dec-16-21 06:32 PM
and THT, Malik Monk & Dwight roster is looking thin I wonder what JR Smith and Lance Stephenson are doing
2753192, JR got a 4.0 GPA this semester...don't know why Lance isn't on a roster
Posted by Castro, Thu Dec-16-21 07:25 PM
2753219, Jlin deserved a shot after the work he put in last year in gleague
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Dec-17-21 11:22 AM
and how well he played there. He was on the wrong side of 30 but would be a really solid backup somewhere. Especially with Covid running rampant
2753186, Collin Sexton, Ja Morant, Jalen Green....Their agents
Posted by allStah, Thu Dec-16-21 05:53 PM
are nervous as shit right now.

Their teams are doing spectacular without them.
2753195, All of those guys are going to make huge money when it's time...
Posted by mrhood75, Thu Dec-16-21 07:33 PM
...to re-sign. Most likely they get re-upped for the max allowable by the team that drafted them or failing that, they get signed by another team for the max that they can get paid.

If they're worried about anything, it's whether or not these injuries will linger, rather than the team's performance without them on the court.
2753213, Sexton's the only one who should be worried.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Dec-17-21 01:12 AM
And even then, I still think some team will offer him the max or very close to it.

Memphis being good in Ja's absence means nothing to me, because Ja was having an All-NBA level season before he had to sit. And Memphis is deep and well-coached in a weak West. Ja will be a max player for his whole career unless catastrophe strikes.

Green, way too early, who the hell knows, but no one expected him to be a winning player year 1 anyway. They expected him to be, well, what Anthony Edwards was last year.
2753208, that's actually good for all three teams.
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Dec-16-21 11:56 PM
Sexton will likely be back on a more team-friendly deal rather than a "OMG we don't got no one to hold this team up" deal. Worst case sign and trade somewhere.

Ja is going nowhere. This is good for the non-Ja players to get the rough patches out.

And Jalen Green benefits the most. Lowkey he's been ass. But the Rockets have now shown in Sengun, a player on the squad that will be able to help get the best out of Jalen if the Rockets play their cards right.

Now KPJ?
2753214, There is no way KD can sustain this amount of minutes for the season
Posted by guru0509, Fri Dec-17-21 03:03 AM
Steve Nash still has no game plan, and when the playoffs start and it becomes a chess match of rotations and subtitutions over 7 games.....oh boy.

his performance tonight vs Philly was virtuoso, also the young players on the nets really stepped up. covid literally made him jump into the fire and they played decent ...even though they nearly blew a 22 point lead.

>Adam Silver is a joke. Our own government is boycotting China
>for China’s disregard
>of civil and human rights towards their own people, and
>committing acts of genocide towards ethnic groups in their
>country.
>
>Instead of Silver getting on board, and eradicating or
>suspended all business relations
>with and in China, he just continues to ignore the issue. And
>you couple that with the
>covid outbreak that is happening within the league, which is
>being handled improperly,
>he is showcasing to be a commissioner who is negligent and
>apathetic.
>
>The WTA have pulled out of having tournaments or events in
>China
>until the Chinese government stops committing acts of
>genocide, and improve
>upon their policies of civil and human rights.
>
>His non-action of not saying or doing anything is an action of
>supporting the inhumane
>actions of China.
>
>
>
>
2753221, Bron deferred again last night against a Luka-less Mavs Squad
Posted by allStah, Fri Dec-17-21 12:02 PM
and the Lakers was hugging Reaves as if he was White Jesus. Bron wanted
no parts of that ending. I SAW IT. WE ALL SAW IT.

The Great white hope has officially landed in LA. I’m really going
to enjoy the Laker’s play-in game exit.

lol.
2753222, Jesus Christ.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Dec-17-21 12:34 PM
Remember when Jordan wanted none of the ending of a championship game?
2753226, Leave Jesus out of this.
Posted by allStah, Fri Dec-17-21 01:16 PM
He has suffered enough for Lebron’s sins of deferring on the court.
2753240, That’s what we call a deflection.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Dec-17-21 05:08 PM
You LOVE people playing “the right way” until it’s the Lakers. FOH.
2753255, LoL
Posted by allStah, Fri Dec-17-21 07:08 PM
With no other megastar or the other team? He still hot potato’ing the
ball.

2753257, did they win
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Dec-17-21 07:40 PM
2753227, damn my nigga jordan poole got hit with them protocols.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Dec-17-21 02:20 PM
https://twitter.com/BR_NBA/status/1471868319619817479

i hope there isnt a big outbreak there.
2753232, Are all these dudes asyptomatic??
Posted by The Mac, Fri Dec-17-21 03:54 PM
Billy D made mention that a majority of the Bulls players were asymptomatic...

something gotta change with this testing...these cats ain't sick, they are ready to play, and they are double/triple vaxxed...kinda ridiculous...
2753236, a lot of this is driven by liability.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Dec-17-21 04:19 PM
if they let asymptomatic dudes play and...god forbid...the spread hit another player who got some serious damage or even died...you know the team/league would get the shit sued out of them for not having the proper safety measures in place.

the same with fans/staff too.

2753247, Who is liable when one of them gets myocarditis?
Posted by The Mac, Fri Dec-17-21 05:48 PM
We got FIFA players hitting the deck daily, whats the liability situation there?

Pharma gets the waiver, and we get what in return?

Something has to give at some point. People who are not sick can't go to work, and have to take a sketchy product with no guarantee of their well-being to be there in the first place?

I call bullshit on liability
2753243, nets bringing back kyrie for part time duty.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Dec-17-21 05:13 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1471964462383083527
2753244, KD was like, motherfucker you see how many minutes I'm playing?
Posted by Dstl1, Fri Dec-17-21 05:22 PM
2753245, bringing back an unvaccinated player in the middle of a covid surge
Posted by Reeq, Fri Dec-17-21 05:26 PM
is some wild messaging lol.

joe tsai was one of the most vocal/aggressive owners when it came to covid, vaccination, safety, etc.

i mean...we know why theyre doing it. but given their stated reasons for not bringing him back before...and the current covid situation now...i gotta hear how they spin this.
2753248, watch this dude not play until february and then get injured.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Dec-17-21 05:51 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1471969867922391047
2753253, I'm guessing he gets put into COVID protocols first
Posted by mrhood75, Fri Dec-17-21 06:51 PM
Then complains that the league is targeting him.
2753259, lol what happened to him being the voice of the voiceless?
Posted by Reeq, Fri Dec-17-21 07:51 PM
during his time off...did he actually do or say anything about the people who lost their jobs?
2753256, I guess Russ tested out of protocols and will play tonight
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Dec-17-21 07:28 PM
2753258, Monk too. Bron has some antidote or something
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Dec-17-21 07:40 PM
2753262, Damn AR-15 is out
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Dec-17-21 08:18 PM
2753265, Monk wasn't cleared to play tonight...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Fri Dec-17-21 08:42 PM
..he was cleared to rejoin the team, but somehow not cleared to play.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...
2753270, LeBuiltDifferent
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Dec-17-21 10:52 PM
2753260, wiggins barely gets mentioned when people talk about golden state.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Dec-17-21 07:57 PM
and he might be the most consistent player for them night in and night out.
2753261, Finally found his home. Perfect role: Silent assassin.
Posted by Castro, Fri Dec-17-21 08:14 PM
2753263, boy killin em right now.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Dec-17-21 08:35 PM
2753266, Too quick for Tatum and that J is wet tonight....lethal
Posted by Castro, Fri Dec-17-21 09:04 PM
2753269, It’s cool to see him find his role.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Dec-17-21 09:38 PM
Felt bad for dude for awhile.
2753272, Tell me if you’ve heard this before. Anthony Davis is hurt
Posted by Beezo, Fri Dec-17-21 10:59 PM
2753276, that tunnel shot looked bad.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Dec-17-21 11:56 PM
2753273, giving up 81 in a half. cmon charlotte smh
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Dec-17-21 11:28 PM
2753274, Twolves look much faster , theyre get every offensive rebound they want
Posted by guru0509, Fri Dec-17-21 11:40 PM
Never seen Lebron this visibly flummoxed…he’s one more turnover away from throwing his hands up in disgust

>for China’s disregard
>country.
>
>apathetic.
>
>China
>genocide, and improve
>
>supporting the inhumane
>actions of China.
>
>
>
>
2753275, minny beating up the lakers without anthony edwards.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Dec-17-21 11:55 PM
2753277, KAT came out eating Davis alive, bro.
Posted by allStah, Sat Dec-18-21 12:14 AM
Dudes are going at him every night.

Bron needs more help, I guess....

Carmleo just happy to still be in the league to throw up bricks.

Jordan at 40 never gave up like this....and he was playing with Popeye Jones.

Ryannnnnnn

2753281, Look man what do you want me to say
Posted by Ryan M, Sat Dec-18-21 05:15 AM
Bron is top 3 all time, no question. His Laker tenure adds to it.

But this team needs WORK. I haven’t seen anything that says they’re making true headway. Russ has been a more consistent piece than AD and that is shocking. AD is so much better than what he’s shown - and I don’t know what it is. The guy is a serious cheat code for a player like Bron. It’s a bummer to see it not come together yet.

But yeah - this team needs help and AD is playing not to get hurt.
2753301, Top 3?
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Sat Dec-18-21 04:49 PM
Missed playoffs
Won a chip
Lost 1st rd (beaten every game without AD)
Now will be lucky to make the playoffs.

2753304, All-Time, maybe GOAT
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sat Dec-18-21 07:05 PM
>Missed playoffs
>Won a chip
>Lost 1st rd (beaten every game without AD)
>Now will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Hey, Lebron James 137 years old. 137 YEARS OLD!
2753407, Finals MVP. Cry.
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Dec-20-21 06:46 PM
2753436, Still behind Magic and Duncan.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Tue Dec-21-21 11:01 AM
This Lakers run has been pretty meh imo.
2753446, His Lakers tenure in its time is better than anyone not named Giannis
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Dec-21-21 01:28 PM
2753278, AD is being embarrassed…
Posted by Dstl1, Sat Dec-18-21 12:18 AM
he wants nothing to do with KAT.
2753283, his heart gone since the ring smh
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sat Dec-18-21 09:05 AM
2753284, that's who we need to trade
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Dec-18-21 09:40 AM
2753280, When Healthy
Posted by Cold Truth, Sat Dec-18-21 02:31 AM
2753282, that might be a thing of the past for him.
Posted by tariqhu, Sat Dec-18-21 08:31 AM
that knee looked season ending to me. hopefully that's not it.
2753287, KD protocoled-8th Net
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sat Dec-18-21 11:44 AM
Kyrie makes more sense now.. but I would’ve just went with some Gleague scrubs/scabs
2753288, wow, we might be headed towards another shutdown
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Dec-18-21 12:30 PM
2753292, Shutting down the league before Christmas is Silver’s nightmare…
Posted by mrhood75, Sat Dec-18-21 01:16 PM
…scenario. I’m betting he tries to hold on for dear life until the 26th.
2753289, …Kyrie is also in protocols… - Shams
Posted by Nodima, Sat Dec-18-21 01:01 PM
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1472262032640593930?s=20

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz
2753291, Well, that’s about the least surprising sentence ever written.
Posted by mrhood75, Sat Dec-18-21 01:14 PM
2753296, Isn’t it 10 days for unvaccinated people? No Christmas?
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Dec-18-21 02:29 PM
2753290, How are they scabs ? Lol , wrong word usage there
Posted by guru0509, Sat Dec-18-21 01:09 PM
>Kyrie makes more sense now.. but I would’ve just went with
>some Gleague scrubs/scabs

Kyrie is more of a scab than anyone else
2753303, AD out at least 4 weeks....yikes
Posted by Dstl1, Sat Dec-18-21 06:23 PM
2753315, better than what I was thinking, seems optimistic.
Posted by tariqhu, Sun Dec-19-21 07:33 AM
maybe that'll let everything else heal up a bit too.
2753310, Cavs missing Mobley and Okoro due to injury and protocols
Posted by Dr Claw, Sat Dec-18-21 11:24 PM
Bucks missing just about everyone (Portis, Holiday, Giannis, Middleton) for various reasons.

Cavs started out sloppy but ended the game with a 29 point win. Never lost the lead, but Bucks got it down to 9 before the half. Boogie and Nwora were killing the Cavs. Cavs struggle against zones and it took them a while to find the way inside.

Players like Nwora in the rotation is why I think the Bucks got good chance of REAP. Shooters when your team defends so well... you know how the story goes.

Which is why I think Miami would be upper tier IF their whole team is healthy. Which is why Philly getting Seth Curry and Maxey stepping up is huge. Which is why health aside, the Nets are only up where they are in the East... because they have the best performing player in the East if not the entire NBA (KD... NOPE, it's KD).

Why Golden Piss is the favorite of favorites. While the Lakers gambles are becoming a disaster.

Cavs need to up their game there. The Cavs offense is good, but not elite shooting. Tonight, Lauri was struggling. Defense, even with the backups prevails.
2753320, Vogel in the protocols?
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Dec-19-21 11:57 AM
2753321, Next 4 games for the Nets postponed...this sucks
Posted by guru0509, Sun Dec-19-21 01:43 PM
I was trying to get a Nikola Jokic jersey signed for my nephew today...I even learned a few Serbian phrases to say to him.

this fucking virus is driving me insane. and so are stupid ass Americans and their hesitancy to get vaxxed/wear masks.

>for China’s disregard
>country.
>
>apathetic.
>
>China
>genocide, and improve
>
>supporting the inhumane
>actions of China.
>
>
>
>
2753324, damn, does that include Christmas day?
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Dec-19-21 02:03 PM
2753330, My bad , the next two games
Posted by guru0509, Sun Dec-19-21 03:02 PM

2753322, Shai Gorgeous for the win
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Dec-19-21 01:53 PM
https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1472406500404432900?s=20
2753335, they should pull some shady shit and let everyone play on christmas.
Posted by Reeq, Sun Dec-19-21 03:54 PM
just say they had some type of glitch with the testing/reporting system and everyone came up negative.

fans will know its bullshit but would anybody really complain?
2753403, haha xmas gonna blow.
Posted by Cenario, Mon Dec-20-21 05:32 PM
2753355, I.T. got the start and he balling
Posted by Dstl1, Sun Dec-19-21 09:30 PM
2753365, 32 Mins played.
Posted by allStah, Sun Dec-19-21 11:27 PM
13/2/1

That ain’t balling, homie. But I’m a lakers hater, so it could just be hate.
2753362, Even with the team being depleted of a few players due to
Posted by allStah, Sun Dec-19-21 11:12 PM
Covid protocols, we body bagged the fakers.

And Derozan Murked LeOld in the final seconds with the
go ahead bucket in his grill.

Bulls never looked back after that.

All of Fakers nation got lunched on!

2753372, The Bulls were up 1 with a minute to play
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Dec-20-21 11:16 AM
But yes. Body bagged.
2753379, Zipped, locked and placed in a meat truck!
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-20-21 12:14 PM
2753409, Lakers were winning in the 3rd quarter tho! Lol!
Posted by DJR, Mon Dec-20-21 08:30 PM
Scored 37 in the second quarter!
2753410, You love my style.
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-20-21 08:58 PM
2753414, Lakers kicked their ass in the middle of the game!! Eat it!
Posted by DJR, Mon Dec-20-21 09:21 PM
2753415, somebody please get this dude a real basketball team
Posted by allStah, Mon Dec-20-21 09:34 PM
so he can lay off my steez.
2753413, Cavs top 4 in the Power Rankings?
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Dec-20-21 09:06 PM
the other three teams: Brooklyn (1), Golden State (2), Brooklyn (4)

Please let the next GS game have all players available on both sides.