Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSure, we all like to point to the Heat stat.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2751333&mesg_id=2751456
2751456, Sure, we all like to point to the Heat stat.
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Nov-24-21 07:20 PM
Which I certainly understand, but it *WAS* a decade ago, and Bron has since been to *9* finals since then. It's impossible to ignore the mileage he has, even if AD doesn't have nearly that (nor Russ but still).

At THIS point, I feel like what we're all hoping for is a '10 Celtics sorta run - which was what, a 4 seed? I think it's too early to say that there's any insurmountable lead but I certainly haven't seen anything that tells me this team is even in a decent spot let alone a GOOD one. I still contend they have too much talent, but a lot of teams have (especially heavy vet squads) and didn't get it together.

I mean, even if you ignore the Russ thing - and I love Russ, but he's been...shall we say less than additive? - there are just some of these signings that were red flags from the get go. Ariza and DJ aren't going to be guys that'll add too much to a mediocre team. They could help contenders, maybe, but DJ has been relied upon way way way too much already which...yikes.

I don't think there's a lot to be done as far as roster tweaks - they've got what they've got, and I don't think anyone would want to take Russ or THT right today, which is ok. But it's really hard to ignore the fact that AD should be out there doing the Giannis/young Lebron thing and go out and fuck everyone up - and he does like once every 4 games. He's too young, too good, and too dominant to phone things in.

We're a quarter of the way thru the year and this team hasn't shown much - honestly, they've blown a number of big leads and eeked out wins they shouldn't have. Their record is...not entirely reflective of where they should be at.