Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDetroit brings out the crazy again
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2750956&mesg_id=2751305
2751305, Detroit brings out the crazy again
Posted by Vex_id, Sun Nov-21-21 09:36 PM
That was one of the most bizarre games I've ever seen. Lakers were dead in the water after that brawl and then climb back down 17 to blitz the 4th. Beyond strange.

Felt bad for Stewart being the beneficiary of that strike. I think he may have even been concussed. After the strike he was knocked down dazed for several seconds, and then it took him a while to come to his senses after taking a flush shot.

Stewart was really dug in on that free throw attempt to throw Bron out the box - and Bron basically throws a shot behind him to fend him off and it lands right on the button. The way he reacted it didn't seem like he intended to hit him flush in the face like that (from the above-angle looks like he's trying to knock Stewart's arms off him) - but who knows. He conceded right away and tried to put his arms out apologetically - but Stewart understandably wasn't having it. When Stewart barked Bron barked back and other Lakers said something too - then I think that's when Stewart went off as the blood started dripping. Stewart actually went after multiple Lakers - particularly DJ & Russ. He was mad AF at everybody, including his own team.

Ghost of Artest was in the building.

This is why it's crazy when people are like "oh I don't think LeBron could play in the 80's - too physical." You couldn't have an 80's style game in today's era. Bron has always been a physical freak and these guys are way too strong. This ain't Bill Laimbeer throwing harmless, flailing slaps. People would be getting seriously hurt.

Edit: Bron still got his 10 lol. That crazy streak (most consecutive games ever in double digits) just won't end.

-->