Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectoh it's DEFINITELY coming to a close.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2750617&mesg_id=2750884
2750884, oh it's DEFINITELY coming to a close.
Posted by PROMO, Mon Nov-15-21 02:41 PM
we had a nice run. best run of any sports team in the cities history, outside of the Sounders (some people don't rate them and i get that even though i'm an OG season ticket holder).

Pete and JS has a thing that worked a couple times and it really worked out. But it's not been working out for about 4 years now. Not only have they made some poor decisions about who they have drafted and signed, but I also put a lot of weight on the people they could've, and not only should of (for reasons of need AND on and off field reasons) drafted and didn't.

Russ, god bless him (cuz duh, Jesus is his homeboy), he's not gonna wanna be around for a rebuild and that's fair. He paid his dues and brought a ring and respect to the city. Won't be mad at all if he stays but not surprised at all if he wants to dip.

It's weird. We're not good enough to be GOOD, and we're not bad enough to be terrible. And that middle ground almost feels worse than than actually being bad because it makes a fan have hope and then disappointment, vs. just knowing we're trash and not having to be invested, LOL.