Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWent to game 2 as well
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2750453&mesg_id=2751189
2751189, Went to game 2 as well
Posted by DJR, Sat Nov-20-21 04:40 PM
I think once again: bubble team….but if we get in nobody wants to play us and we could make a sweet 16 run. But the difference is I think that’s more the “norm” than the ceiling this year. For the first time in awhile we could be better than that.

The rotation is already established. There’s nothing to figure out.

Joe Girard looks like a different player than last year: he’s in shape. He’s not doing stupid things. He’s actually 8-8 from 3 so far. He’s the 3rd shooter, rather than the second. He should get better looks.

Buddy Boeheim is a stud. He gets better every year and should be 18-20 ppg, and will have his games where even when guarded well, he’ll get hot and light it up.

Cole Swider is an ideal Syracuse forward. He’s a little slow, but he’s long, a great shooter, and can rebound and pass effectively. I can’t believe he went to Villanova. They play such different ball than Cuse, and he’s a way better fit here.

Jimmy Boeheim is actually better than I thought. He’s like 23, strong, experienced, crafty…all that coaches kid stuff and in his 5th year of college. Pretty versatile, he’s got the little floater shots, decent ball handler and passer, not a great shooter but can make them if left open. He’s a more aggressive and stronger Marek Dolezaj type.

Jesse Edwards gives us our first legit center in years that’s actually a center. He can give us 8 and 6 and block shots.

Frank Anselem is the backup center - he will be better than Edwards at everything except blocking shots. He’s just young. Going to be a player.

Symir Torrence is the backup PG. Local kid and 4 star recruit who struggled at Marquette for 2 years. Can’t shoot, won’t score much, solid ball handler and pass first PG who defends. He’ll be an adequate backup.

Benny Williams…the X factor. Big recruit. Incredible athlete. Not much offensive game yet. Shoots line drives. Insane defensive potential, and will eventually be very good. If he progresses and finishes the year strong - we’ll be very tough by March. If he’s just not there yet he his year, we’ll be ok….a very dangerous shooting team with length, but lacking the athleticism of the really good teams.

We’ll get boat races a few times and the FSU and Louisville type teams will be a problem for us, but think we could be pretty good.