Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: I really liked it a lot as a whole
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2750232&mesg_id=2751087
2751087, RE: I really liked it a lot as a whole
Posted by cgonz00cc, Thu Nov-18-21 05:54 PM
>The second Elite segment was good, particularly with them
>incorporating Fish.

i have high hopes that the Undisputed Era does something here, but i cant watch the Bucks emote and recite scripted dialogue anymore. their cookie cutter matches are bad enough and im ready for them to take a long walk off a short pier.

>They'll be fine. It wasn't that long ago that Martin was
>getting pinned ever week, and it certainly didn't miss things
>up with him.

he was, but he was also given a PLETHORA of shine spots along the way. The Acclaimed arent being allowed to retain any heat whatsoever. when they invited Dante Martin to join them, Dante Martin dispatched them *by himself*. where is the tension leading into a match where Dante has help? why couldnt they stack up 2-3 weeks of heat before eating said pins? they're being treated like ineffectual jabronies by a booker who doesnt know how to build heels.

>C'mon, you're tripping. Sammy is really good and that was an
>awesome match tonight.

hes an awesome athlete, and very physically talented. but his matches always have some moment that takes me out of it. tonight it was the missed senton. injured ribs and that mistake should end a match, otherwise i cant help but think about the fact that im watching a fake sport and it makes me hate myself lmao. plus im a huge Jay Lethal fan and i hate the Vince McMahon "bring a guy in to do a job right off the bat" routine.

>I also thought Shida and Nyla was really entertaining. I
>haven't been as into Rose's stuff lately, and I feel like her
>and Shida fight all the time. But that turned out to be
>weel-executed and not paint-by-numbers at all.

i fully agree. i hate that so many matchups woth history just happen to occur in the tournament setting but i really enjoyed this. wish the finish had come immediately following Ms Deeb's interference but thats a minor quibble. i also like that we have a second personal feud going for the women with Deeb and Shida.