Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectOddly I think Burns was more dangerous for him than Colby
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2750143&mesg_id=2762346
2762346, Oddly I think Burns was more dangerous for him than Colby
Posted by Tiger Woods, Sun Apr-10-22 08:12 AM
Khamzat definitely got rocked a few times there. Now, he clearly won the fight and I thought was on the brink of getting the finish in the third round. But he took legitimate damage throughout the fight in several spots.

Colby doesn’t hit hard at all. Masvidal’s not a granite chin and he walked through Colby’s strikes and Usman’s demonstrated no fear of Colby’s power AT ALL through two bouts. Making matters worse for Colby is that Khamzat is going to look twice as big as Covington.

The X-factor here is their conditioning. Covington is deservedly famous for his gas tank, and we saw Khamzat get winded in the 2nd and 3rd vs Burns. I’d think the UFC finds a way to make Khamzat/Covington a 5 round fight and if Covington has any chance of beating Khamzat he’ll HAVE to find a way to push it to the 4th or 5th. Easier said than done though because against Colby, Khamzat will be able to do what he does best and that’s walk forward nonstop with violent intentions.