Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectLast thing I had on my list was a Ngannou decision by out-grappling Gane
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2750143&mesg_id=2756380
2756380, Last thing I had on my list was a Ngannou decision by out-grappling Gane
Posted by Oak27, Sun Jan-23-22 10:48 PM
I think Francis knew going in it that Gane wasn't gonna be a dude he could just swang and bang and get a highlight KO, and he showed much improved takedown defense in the 2nd Stipe fight, but seeing some of those sequences by him on the ground... yikes, that's a scary fighter.

Not sure if Stipe is planning on coming back for a 3rd fight with Francis, but if he's not I'm not sure who you have Francis defend against next. Lewis (3) fights Tai (11) next, which is a huge test for Tai and honestly I think he wins, but Lewis looked like absolute shit against Gane so I don't think he deserves a shot at Francis after 1 win if he were to beat Tai. Blaydes (4) is next, coming off a win, but Francis KOed him in 1 already.

Plus all the shit with Dana, who seems to just HATE Francis (notice he wasn't even out there to put the belt on him last night, the Tomato was in code RED I'm sure) so I'm sure some fuckery will happen and Dana will pull the "he just doesn't want to fight"

Also Jon Jones can either step up and fight at Heavyweight or shut the fuck up and log off Twitter. But that's a rant for another day.