Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectAlways appreciate your replies
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2748623&mesg_id=2748999
2748999, Always appreciate your replies
Posted by bentagain, Fri Oct-22-21 01:44 PM
"It'd take something bizarre for the Nets to not be a Top 3 seed in the East, and realistically a Top 2 seed in the East (I'm a lot higher on Atlanta than most, in full disclosure).

I also think this Kyrie malarky is gonna buy Nash a lot of time because there's an obvious scapegoat. If they disappoint? "Kyrie was a distraction!" If they win it all? "Nash did it!" From a narrative perspective, he's in awesome shape thanks to Kyrie, lol.

If Kyrie gets vaxxed early on, in the next month or so, and they aren't a Top 2 seed, or they lose the East with all three dudes on the floor? He'll probably get fired. But again, I just don't see any of these situations happening. I'd be very surprised if Nash isn't the coach next season."

w/o 'Rie, I think being lower than a 3 seed is reasonable
A few teams made some big improvements to their rosters in the east
CHI, MIA, WAS
Then you have the playoff teams from last year; MIL, ATL, BOS
PHI will get the Simmons thing resolved too

I'm of the opinion that 'Rie's antics are part of the HC's duty to resolve
IMO, he's showing a complete lack of respect for the organization

"The one thing that *can* really fuck up Nash is if he and Harden don't get along. Because Harden hasn't signed that extension yet, and that's the top priority for the Nets right now."

Yeah, not signing the extension hits different
He forced his way out of HOU...to his preferred destination
Has to be a reason he's not signing the extension
If it's Nash, that's easy math

IRT the MIL, I was just illustrating how talking heads changed their predictions after game 1

BKN is the back to back on paper champ
If they finish out of the top 3 and exit the offs early, I expect Nash to be gone
I guess the reason for my post is I expect that to happen and just wonder when he starts to get called on it