Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMilwaukee is the third favorite in Vegas to win the title.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2748623&mesg_id=2748894
2748894, Milwaukee is the third favorite in Vegas to win the title.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Oct-21-21 01:20 PM
And the next favorite from the East isn't really close in odds. So if you don't believe in Brooklyn, or you believe Kyrie is essential for Brooklyn, then picking Milwaukee back-to-back makes a lot of sense. I put money on a Milwaukee back-to-back based purely on value (and the fact that I have a lot of playoff questions about many of the contenders in the East).

Yeah, I mean, if the Nets are, like, at-risk of being a play-in playoff team after a quarter of the season? Sure. Fire Nash. I just think there's no chance of that happening. It'd take something bizarre for the Nets to not be a Top 3 seed in the East, and realistically a Top 2 seed in the East (I'm a lot higher on Atlanta than most, in full disclosure).

I also think this Kyrie malarky is gonna buy Nash a lot of time because there's an obvious scapegoat. If they disappoint? "Kyrie was a distraction!" If they win it all? "Nash did it!" From a narrative perspective, he's in awesome shape thanks to Kyrie, lol.

If Kyrie gets vaxxed early on, in the next month or so, and they aren't a Top 2 seed, or they lose the East with all three dudes on the floor? He'll probably get fired. But again, I just don't see any of these situations happening. I'd be very surprised if Nash isn't the coach next season.

The one thing that *can* really fuck up Nash is if he and Harden don't get along. Because Harden hasn't signed that extension yet, and that's the top priority for the Nets right now.