Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThe Warriors are always capable of putting on a passing clinic.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2748623&mesg_id=2748763
2748763, The Warriors are always capable of putting on a passing clinic.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Oct-20-21 12:12 AM
And they did so tonight. The Lakers looked lost on some of their rotations-- not a surprise that the only two players returning to the Lakers were the only ones who looked comfortable Game 1-- and if any team is designed to pick that apart, it's the Warriors. I actually thought the Lakers' on-ball defense was largely good-- they forced turnovers, got Curry off his shooting rhythm a bit-- but Curry and Green are both players that can still hurt you in so many ways without making shots.

And if Poole, Bjelica, and Iguodala combine for 18-32 and 7-17 from 3 every game... then yeah, everyone's gonna look bad against them, lol. I expect that to regress some, obviously, but it's a major credit to the Dub's passing game that they were able to so consistently get good looks on the extra pass or on the post-PnR kicks for their supporting players.

The Lakers will obviously be fine once all the new pieces find their rhythm, figure out their rotations, and get more comfortable. I do think their overall team defense will take a hit til Ariza and THT get back-- guys like Carmelo and Malik Monk really just won't ever be net positive defenders. I'd honestly give Austin Reaves more spin early in the season, he's not going to be the best wing defender, but he'd hustle his balls off.