Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectPut it this way.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2748623&mesg_id=2748755
2748755, Put it this way.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Oct-19-21 11:57 PM
I think the Jazz, Suns, Lakers, and Warriors are the teams most likely to top 50 games won this year. And I have *some* questions about the Suns in terms of regression (last year, they were essentially perfect in terms of play and lack of injuries, especially down the stretch) and this Ayton situation... and I have *some* questions about the Warriors in terms of the Klay re-introduction and the center position play against certain teams. (Though the Bjelica signing obviously looked brilliant tonight, lol.)

So I like the odds of the Lakers making Top 3. People shit on Westbrook, and I think it's fair to question how he fits in terms of the playoffs... but until last year, he hadn't been on a sub-.500 team since he was a rookie. And that includes a number of teams where he was the man. I think even if Bron or Davis misses time due to age or injury, Westbrook is a guy who can drag your team to wins. Shit, even last year, he was the main addition to the Wiz, and they won nine more games than the year prior. Even if his style isn't always conducive to playoff success, in the regular season? There's a reason he's been MVP.