Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBig test for the Eagles this week.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2747745&mesg_id=2747844
2747844, Big test for the Eagles this week.
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Sat Oct-09-21 09:49 AM
I’m trying not to get too up or down on my Eagles this year as I had very low expectations heading into the season. This year is all about Hurts and establishing some building blocks for the future. We’re on track to have 3 top 12 picks in the ‘22 draft. That is pretty insane. I wish it wasn’t Howie making those picks, but it’s still pretty hard to miss on those odds.

So far, I’m higher on Hurts than most. In just 8 career starts, he’s shown a lot. At worst, he can be a very serviceable starting QB in the league. I still need to see him work through his progressions quicker and not be so quick to abandon the pocket. All in all though, I’m confident with him.

I really don’t understand Siriani’s complete lack of regard for the running game. You have two really talented backs in Miles Sanders and Kenny Gainwell. Use them!

On defense, this team has gone to shit. I believe a lot of that is due to her personnel as Howie has whiffed in the draft or has just completely devalued that side of the ball. Fletcher Cox is getting elite $$$ to do nothing at the moment. His performance has taken a precipitous decline in alarming fashion. Fortunately, Javon Hargrove is an absolute beast. Take him and Slay away, and we have a really porous defense. I don’t think there’s any fixes that can be done internally. This is the bed Howie made.

Anyway, I think this should be a good challenge. Yeah, Carolina is 3-1, but talent-wise they shouldn’t be that far ahead of the Eagles as they’re coming off a 5-11 season. Go Birds 🦅!!!