Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectagain post MVP numbers. You can't. He will still win though.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2746738&mesg_id=2747589
2747589, again post MVP numbers. You can't. He will still win though.
Posted by Heinz, Tue Oct-05-21 12:53 PM
Story is great. I love it too. I have Ohtani merch. He's still not someone who I think deserves MVP. Put up MVP number as either a hitter or pitcher. PERIOD.

MVP has always been about numbers amongst each league. Influence on their team was never the reason why a player was named MVP, that agenda shit only started when journalists who vote and fans wanted to give reasons to who they thought should be MVP. Their value to that team whether they make the playoffs or not don't go hand in hand with their individual numbers, a great example is Trout. No one player can make you go to the playoffs no matter what numbers they put up, which is why I never cared if the Blue Jays made the playoffs for this argument. The Triple Crown for sure because that involves individual numbers. I still think he deserves it over Ohtani based on his numbers. Ohtani doesn't compete with any of the offensive categories other than 2 of them and he doesn't quality for any Cy Young because of lack of innings. Still an amazing season. NOT an MVP one.